I Think Its Clowney Or Mack By Way Of Trade

atlGM

The Falcons trade up with the Rams to aquire the 2nd pick in the nfl draft.

Compensation:

1st rounder 2014, 3rd rounder 2014 and a 2015 1st rounder.

Here's why:

In one off-season we can turnaround our defense to respectable status adding Either Mack or Clowney. Coupling them with a progressing Mass, a Vet in Osi, and Multiple guys like bartu and bierman we can provide a provide pressure from every angle.

As much as I would like to replace Baker this year taking

a LT at 6 like Matthews or Lewan would be an admittance of failure by Td and would shorten his proverbial leash even more.

So this year I think we focus soley on drafting a RT which will be a perfect value in the second round. I'm confident guys like Bitinio, Moses, Kouandijo, and James all can fit the bill for the falcons next year.

With our two fourth rounders we can go for a future RB, DT depth, Safety depth, Linebacker depth, or TE depth.

As much as I think we have a chance to get a guy like Mack in the 1st or Attaochu in second I think the the front office will take AGGRESSIVE APPROACH to filling our needs as this may be their last chance to do so.

Giving away 2015 1st rounder will leave us with free agency and our 2nd round pick on to address our remaining needs.

X-factors in making this work: Holmes, Konz, Hawley, and late round Worrilow and Bartu like gems

Edited by atlGM

I worry about giving a 1st next year because of another strong class coming out.

If we were to trade away next year's 1st and have a fairly successful season (playoffs+) we're looking at drafting in the 20s or later. Without a 1st, this puts you ~50+ before you're picking a player. IDK if I'm willing to give that up given the development cycle we're in.

However this year's draft is also pretty deep. I dont want to give up 37 but I think the player we'll draft at 68 will be similar to the player we can get at 37. If we were able to move up with our 2nd, we'd still have 4 picks in the Top 150 of a deep draft.

I don't know...I'm still on the fence though.

Yeah we trade up for Robinson I will cry. You don't trade up for a guy that can't protect Ryan. He will protect Steven Jackson but deff not Matt Ryan. Pass blocking is horrible. Mack or clowney in a trade up nuff said & considering we will have all that cap money next yr I have no problem giving away our 1st. It just makes too much sense. We will have boat loads of money to fix needs

how did that work out for the redskins. Value charts mean nothing.

As has been said, a lot of people (Supposedly) want to move down in this draft, not up. We shouldn't have to pay as much as usual to move up if someone wants to move down and has no offers.

Yeah we trade up for Robinson I will cry. You don't trade up for a guy that can't protect Ryan. He will protect Steven Jackson but deff not Matt Ryan. Pass blocking is horrible. Mack or clowney in a trade up nuff said & considering we will have all that cap money next yr I have no problem giving away our 1st. It just makes too much sense. We will have boat loads of money to fix needs

Have you even seen Robinson's pass blocking or are you just siding with the whole "Robinson for run blocking. Matthews for pass blocking" saying and just assuming that Robinson's pass blocking is weak?

Robinson is a pretty darn good all-around OT. Him and Asamoah on the right side of that OL (assuming if drafted he'd start off at RT for us) would be a blessing, yes a blessing considering after last season.

Mack's my guy but Robinson is a close second.

Edited by CTann

As has been said, a lot of people (Supposedly) want to move down in this draft, not up. We shouldn't have to pay as much as usual to move up if someone wants to move down and has no offers.

Plus we pick in the same tier as the guys they can get at 2 if they passed on Clowney. People look at that **** value chart and don't realize that what matters is what players you can get there. If they like Watkins, Robinson, Matthews, Mack, and/or the QBs almost equally, then it should not take nearly as much compensation as normal to move back to our desirable spot for them (assuming they don't get greedy)

If the Falcons were to trade up, I think it would be to get one of the two best pass rushers in the draft because the Falcons need a game changer on defense.

I think the Falcons stay at 6 if they want an OT. Don't really see them trading up for an OT because one or two of the top 3 OTs will more than likely be there at 6.

Have you even seen Robinson's pass blocking or are you just siding with the whole "Robinson for run blocking. Matthews for pass blocking" saying and just assuming that Robinson's pass blocking is weak?

Robinson is a pretty darn good all-around OT. Him and Asamoah on the right side of that OL (assuming if drafted he'd start off at RT for us) would be a blessing, yes a blessing considering after last season.

Mack's my guy but Robinson is a close second.

No I for one don't talk out of my behind before I make a statement like that. When he pass blocks he hugs ppl majority of the time instead on punching and that's a fact. Look he might very well be able to pass block eventually but don't say he is going to do it next season, you would be fooling yourself to believe so

Exactly the same thoughts in my Lewan vs Clowney thread, Clowney is worth that trade.

We go Clowney at #1 or #2.

Get an OT in the 2nd who will start at RT day 1.

Take a FS in round 4 or trade back up into 3 for a 6th rounder if there is a run.

Great draft.

Exactly the same thoughts in my Lewan vs Clowney thread, Clowney is worth that trade.

We go Clowney at #1 or #2.

Get an OT in the 2nd who will start at RT day 1.

Take a FS in round 4 or trade back up into 3 for a 6th rounder if there is a run.

Great draft.

I could live with that. Clowney or Mack would be nice.

If the Falcons trade up for a OT, I bet a few people on the Coaching staff maybe even TD will not be back next year.