Baldinger Has Stl Taking Mathews

Baldingee just mocked Mathews to st Louis at first I was like he's crazy. But when he said fisher has known jake since he was three years old I started thinking it could happen. But I'm sure st Louis don't want to do it at 2 so I could see us going to 2 if they want Mathews he will be there at 6 so I could see a discount to go to 2 for Mack or Robinson whichever one we want.

Baldingee just mocked Mathews to st Louis at first I was like he's crazy. But when he said fisher has known jake since he was three years old I started thinking it could happen. But I'm sure st Louis don't want to do it at 2 so I could see us going to 2 if they want Mathews he will be there at 6 so I could see a discount to go to 2 for Mack or Robinson whichever one we want.

Mike Florio said the Matthews/Fisher connection is one of the most over blown things out there.

He also said the Rams are in love with Robinson

And I believe him. He. Basically predicted our entire off season. He always has good stuff

Edited by Unknown User

Many feel STL will trade down or take Watkins, but I think they stay right there and take an OT. At minimum they have a need at RT, and Long is a question mark with his recent injury history at LT.

I think they take Matthews, but not because of the relationship. I just think when it comes to it many teams will feel he is the best. I hope he falls to 6 personally. If I am looking for a LT who will be able to stand up his guy and hold the edge for a traditional passing pocket, he is the guy I like.

If we trade up to #2 and Clowney isn't there, we trade up for Mack.

1 Houston take Clowney

2 Rams take Matthews

3 Jags take Mack

4 Browns trade with Lions for Sammy Watkins

5 Raiders take Greg Robinson

And we take Lewan, simple as that. With or without the fans approval. It's all about the team, not our approval anyways. For all we know, we may end up drafting a CB again. God forbid if that happened.

And we take Lewan, simple as that. With or without the fans approval. It's all about the team, not our approval anyways. For all we know, we may end up drafting a CB again. God forbid if that happened.

They do sort of need our money to buy their tickets, watch them on TV, buy their jerseys etc. If they build a team full of players that do not excite us as fans or one that doesn't win games, they will not get fans.

I have always thought that the personal relationship between Jeff Fisher/Bruce Matthews and Jake being Bruce's son - could be a factor "on-the-margin"......meaning, if it was very, very close to a tie between taking Matthews or another prospect, Jake might get the nod. Obviously if it was not extremely close then Snead/Fisher would just take the higher ranked player.

1 Houston take Clowney

2 Rams take Matthews

3 Jags take Mack

Raiders signed Austin Howard(RT) and Donald Penn(LT)......thinking they might go QB if draft played out as you have it here - Bortles or Manziel.

1 Houston take Clowney

2 Rams take Matthews

3 Jags take Mack

This would actually be pretty great for our depth chart. Sure, we will miss out on the players Mayock claims will be elite, but ALL qbs are on the board.

People will want to trade up, and someone will offer a huge profit

If manziel is there the raiders draft him. They need a face for the franchise. If all Davis were still alive they would've traded up to get him

If Davis was alive, they would take Dri Archer in the first Lol.

You never know what a team is going to do with their first.

Anyone who claims otherwise hasn't watched a draft efore

People like to point out that Matthews has a bloodline and that Fisher coached his father once upon a time to justify the pick but overlook that Fisher has never once taken an O-lineman in the 1st round throughout his coaching career. Why would the prior take precedence over the latter?

Possibly because of the need. I think he's typically coached teams that have been decent or better upfront. This team isn't.

And he hasn't had a need on the O-line before?

I can't give you the specifics of what the Houston Oilers or Tennessee Titans needed 15 years ago. But its possible that this Rams team has a bigger need along the OL than those teams did. And not for nothing but he wasnt frequently in a position to take a really highly regarded tackle prospect. Those guys typically come off the board in the Top 10 picks and Fisher teams typically picked at the back half of the 1st round.

But maybe you're right and he's one of the "never draft an OL before Round 3" guys. Those guys exist. Though I think they make exceptions from time to time.

People like to point out that Matthews has a bloodline and that Fisher coached his father once upon a time to justify the pick but overlook that Fisher has never once taken an O-lineman in the 1st round throughout his coaching career. Why would the prior take precedence over the latter?

Did Jeff Fisher have control over personnel in Houston/Tennessee? Last I checked, he did not. I think you make waaaaaaaaaaay too big a deal over the Jeff Fisher teams not taking an offensive lineman in 1st round.