Depth At Offensive G

I know there is a lot of concern with the depth behind Baker considering his health issues, but what are your concerns if any about OG? I know Blalock has been Iron man and I assume Asomoah has been too for the most part. I know Konz and Hawley have been trained to play G in the past, but to me they both suck there. I do not feel comfortable with the depth behind Blalock and Asamoah. I see Asamoah being more interchangable to play either R or L guard, but I do not see Blalock playing the strong side since he's more a pass protector and not a mauler.

I wouldn't mind drafting Baylor's, Cyril Richardson in the 4th and let him be depth at G and RT.

Carimi? Johnson?

I'd rather not waste a pick and focus on needs more. Guard is fine for now. We need a tackle, someone that can rush the passer, tight end, and a fs. Then after that we need a backup RB and Guard

So you are fine with Johnson, Hawley, or Konz as back-up insurance. That will be like going back to square one

So you are fine with Johnson, Hawley, or Konz as back-up insurance. That will be like going back to square one

well one the guards has to get hurt first. And baker is more likely to then both. There are also positions that are lacking a starting quality player which we should focus on

Camiri and Konz are our guard depth. Both at least have upside.

Yeah I don't understand what more you could ask for from a backup. No team can field an offensive line with all starter quality backups. We need to worry about the starting five first.

I think we're fine at G, as far as backups are concerned. I don't think Konz has reached his ceiling, he'll get better. Johnson, well we have know idea what he can do because he hasn't been healthy, in addition, this coaching staff sees him as a tackle. Lastly, Carimi, though not starting material, could be a decent backup. The rumor on Carimi is that he wasn't cut out for tackle and was moved to G. He was a decent backup for Tampa but couldn't stand Lovie from his Chicago days, so his exit from Tampa was guaranteed the moment lovie was hired.

I wouldn't mind drafting Baylor's, Cyril Richardson in the 4th and let him be depth at G and RT.

This. If he falls to the 4'th, or better yet our Compensatory 4'th pick, we should grab him. He can be a backup for a few years and learn some, and then step in for Blalock in a few years.

I would take a guard. I just don't trust Carimi, Johnson and Konz. I am hopefully one will stand up and be counted. But two of those.guys more.than likely aren't.Falcons next year. Konz is a center, Johnson supposedly a right tackle and Carimi is a guard(?). We have a logjam of second tier folks competing for RT and back up guard. Many of them will be cut this year. So taking a solid guard prospect is not foolishness.

Harland Gunn played well against the Niners last season made a point to watch him!!

I wondered if anyone was going to mention Gunn

They moved Clabo from RG to LG to RT

They moved Dahl from LT to RG

They moved Reynolds from RT to RG

They moved Johnson from RG to RT

Can they move Schraeder or Jones from OT to OG????

I wondered if anyone was going to mention Gunn

They moved Clabo from RG to LG to RT

They moved Dahl from LT to RG

They moved Reynolds from RT to RG

They moved Johnson from RG to RT

Can they move Schraeder or Jones from OT to OG????

Both are 6'7. Probably a bit tall for a guard, isn't it?