My Final Falcons Mock. Had To Mock Most Of 7 Rounds To Come Up With It.

Sobeit

Well what I see studying this draft is that the DL prospects in the 2nd are not that far off most of the 1st round prospects as someone else said. On the other hand the decline in olinemen after the first 5 is sizable. We need to keep Ryan healthy first and foremost and give him a bit of a run-game to help protect leads. Also agree with you that our defense has been unable to keep our leads because they can not stop the run so teams never had to abandon it. So I think we have already improved our biggest need on defense and that was stopping the run.

So this is how I see the needs for the team in order then I will tell you the order I think they get addressed because of the depth of this draft.

OT

FS

DE to man the other side when in 3-4 sets and play inside in 4 man fronts

True LBers we have a ton of hybrid guys that should be effective if our Dline is built for them to be successful

Big bodied DT to spell our new starter

TE I do not think it is the issue I once did because HD is a very good WR and his production and role should improve with TG gone

FB one of the jack of all trait types good hands good blocker.

It seems to me that we may have some pretty good edge rushers if we have the bodies to keep them clean. It is and has been our run defense that has got us into trouble defensively.

This is kind of how I see them coming off the board for us

1. Matthews, Jake OT 6'5" 308 Texas A&M

Probably BPA when we pick and the safest pick on the board. If not him then Robinson will be there at 6

If neither of them or there then Mack.

2. Bitonio, Joel OT 6'4" 302 Nevada

Personally I think Oline is our weakest point since making big steps to address run defense in FA and we double dip early at Oline with the only guy left on the board I think is worth taking till day 3. Added benefit is he can play about any position on the Oline and upgrade it out the gate from what we had last year. If we had to take Mack this would still be the pick in the 2nd.

3. Martin, Kareem DE 6'6" 272 North Carolina

Possibly one of those draft steals everyone hopes to find if he goes early not to worry Marcus Smith DE Louisville should be there.

4. Brooks, Terrence FS 5'11" 198 Florida St.

Possibly one of the most underrated DBs in this draft I like him at FS.

4. Hart, Taylor DE 6'6" 281 Oregon

Improving the front of the defense should be a big priority with a focus on stopping the run if we can stop the run we can put the points up to force teams to throw in to the teeth of our defense a young talented secondary that can come up with turnovers. Taylor is a pretty good pass rusher as well.

5. Kerr, Zachariah NT 6'1" 326 Delaware

6. Duncan, Joe Don TE 6'3" 268 Dixie St.

7. Fowler, Bennie WR 6'1" 217 Michigan St.

7. Pinkins, Eric FS 6'3" 220 San Diego St.

7. Millard, Trey FB 6'2" 247 Oklahoma

Everybody can not go in the 1st and 2nd rounds some rise some fall. I agree with you though there he is a no brainer I like him a lot as well but I think he goes somewhere from mid 2nd to early 3rd. If he rises that much though then some other quality falls though if he was off the board there I do not think Marcus Smith is far behind him in terms of talent.

nice effort. Two tackles in the first 2 round, not bad at all.

Well I like him because you can plug him in anywhere on the line and he is really good Baker insurance and gives. There are a couple after last year I think the door is closing on and he sends a message across the board.

I certainly don't mind the first pick. I think all the OTs are going to be nice players. I just think we need that Attaochu type player in the 2nd.

I'm not saying it's a terrible mock or anything and I can appreciate getting two linemen, but we have two glaring needs that could be addressed in the first 40 picks.

I certainly don't mind the first pick. I think all the OTs are going to be nice players. I just think we need that Attaochu type player in the 2nd.

I'm not saying it's a terrible mock or anything and I can appreciate getting two linemen, but we have two glaring needs that could be addressed in the first 40 picks.

Martin has the athleticism to come off the edge in odd fronts and be good at it most people miss that with him.