Why Was Lewan Not Considered A Top-10 Pick Until After The Combine?

Molson

Because his film is underwhelming. He is not a blue chip prospect. If he were chosen at #6 without a trade back, or over Mack, Robinson or Matthews it would be a travesty.

I find it unbelievable how much support has come out of the woodwork for this guy. He does absolutely nothing better than Matthews.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More like he was, and then his stock fell, and then he rejuvenated it again, at the combine. He probably could have been the 1st overall pick, if he had declared, back in 2013.

His stock fell because of his film. His stock was rejuvenated because of non-football workouts.

EDIT: And no way in **** he was going #1 overall.

Edited by Molson

Because his film is underwhelming. He is not a blue chip prospect. If he were chosen at #6 without a trade back, or over Mack, Robinson or Matthews it would be a travesty.

I find it unbelievable how much support has come out of the woodwork for this guy. He does absolutely nothing better than Matthews.

Big 10 Offensive Lineman of the Year...underwhelming

His film is bad because Michigan ******* sucked. They would do stupid things like use a TE next to him to help him pass block or give him help when he didnt need it that just complicated things and put him in bad positions. Not to mention how bad the TE's were at blocking. The interior guys next to him were also terrible. Their OC was an idiot.

Anyway, Lewan is a beast. He wouldve been a top 5 pick in 2013. People were very high on him after his game against Clowney

agreed. He's a late 1 on film.

a late 1? thats crazy. he is a top 10 talent.

Most NFL teams completely disagree and I completely disagree.

He's a solid starter, but for him to make it to a Pro Bowl, he's going to need a bit of work. I like him, but he's not a top 10 talent. He's not an elite player right off the rip like a top 10 talent should be. He's a late 1 the way Duane Brown or Nate Solder were. He'll move up because of his junior campaign and be drafted in the 14-18 range, but he's not anywhere close to worth No. 6 overall. He has a lot of technical work to even come close to being worth it.

Most NFL teams completely disagree and I completely disagree.

He's a solid starter, but for him to make it to a Pro Bowl, he's going to need a bit of work. I like him, but he's not a top 10 talent. He's not an elite player right off the rip like a top 10 talent should be. He's a late 1 the way Duane Brown or Nate Solder were. He'll move up because of his junior campaign and be drafted in the 14-18 range, but he's not anywhere close to worth No. 6 overall. He has a lot of technical work to even come close to being worth it.

Agreed.

He lacks neither the technique of a Matthews nor the pure brawn of a Robinson. Translation: a middle to late first rounder that will go to the runner-up for an LT that didn't get Matthews or Robinson. I do like his measurables, however, and perhaps with the right OL coach and the right system he could "potentially" be as good as the other two. However, TD will not draft anything resembling "potential" or uncertainty in the first round this season after a 4-12 crime scene...his job in on the line this season if we go .500 or less so he's smart enough to know second guessing could be fatal.

Agreed.

He lacks neither the technique of a Matthews nor the pure brawn of a Robinson. Translation: a middle to late first rounder that will go to the runner-up for an LT that didn't get Matthews or Robinson. I do like his measurables, however, and perhaps with the right OL coach and the right system he could "potentially" be as good as the other two. However, TD will not draft anything resembling "potential" or uncertainty in the first round this season after a 4-12 crime scene...his job in on the line this season if we go .500 or less so he's smart enough to know second guessing could be fatal.

bingo. A team like Tennessee who can sit him behind Roos or Baltimore who can play him at right tackle would be his best fits.