Hawks In Five.

Willy Mo

They have a better chance than I gave them to win the series

Don't lie. You gave them no chance of winning, didn't you?

I think Coach Bud will keep these guys level and explain to them that's it only one game and they need three more to advance.

The team's mantra with Budenholzer has always been to build and maintain "good habits." It really isn't so much about winning games but maintaining a winning formula, which is playing good fundamental basketball. The results will take care of themselves. I love it though. Everybody showed up. Great hustle, aggressiveness on offense and rebounding, and just great all around teamwork.

Edited by JerseyNo12

That's what I love about this team more so now since Ferry and Coach Bud arrived. This team plays similarly to the spurs with the spacing and ball movement.

Yeah, I was excited about Bud's hiring from day one. The fact that this team made it this far without Horford and other injuries plaguing the roster just gets me amped thinking about the possibilities of when we are at full strength. If we could get another legit 2 and a young solid starting center (so Horford can finally play at his natural PF position), we could actually be serious championship contenders for years to come.

Yeah, I was excited about Bud's hiring from day one. The fact that this team made it this far without Horford and other injuries plaguing the roster just gets me amped thinking about the possibilities of when we are at full strength. If we could get another legit 2 and a young solid starting center (so Horford can finally play at his natural PF position), we could actually be serious championship contenders for years to come.

The only problem with that is you have Milsap at the four now and they may have to take a serious look at Horford's injury history moving forward but of course this is a good problem to have. I think either an explosive 2 or 3 that also play great defense would suffice also.

The only problem with that is you have Milsap at the four now and they may have to take a serious look at Horford's injury history moving forward but of course this is a good problem to have. I think either an explosive 2 or 3 that also play great defense would suffice also.

I'd move Millsap to the 3 (I think his size is more suited to that position). Having Millsap and Horford on the court at the same time would be a match-up nightmare for opposing defenses. An explosive 2 to go alongside Teague would just make matters that much worse.

I was worried just making the playoffs would set this franchise back years when we inevitably got blown out at home in front of an empty arena on national television, but this win potentially changes everything. Even if we lose Game 2 this series is now up for grabs and I'm expecting a rukus Phillips Arena the likes of which we haven't seen since the Celtics series in 08'. No one expects us to win a ring sure, but the opportunity to go in as a huge underdog and shock the world offers it's own rewards (something we've not been able to do as the typical 4th, 5th and 6th seeds we had been accomplishing.).

I was worried just making the playoffs would set this franchise back years when we inevitably got blown out at home in front of an empty arena on national television, but this win potentially changes everything. Even if we lose Game 2 this series is now up for grabs and I'm expecting a rukus Phillips Arena the likes of which we haven't seen since the Celtics series in 08'. No one expects us to win a ring sure, but the opportunity to go in as a huge underdog and shock the world offers it's own rewards (something we've not been able to do as the typical 4th, 5th and 6th seeds we had been accomplishing.).

I think a lot it is because of coach Buds system that this team will look much different to those teams in the past. Win or lose this series I think the hawks are building a legitate team for the future!

I think a lot it is because of coach Buds system that this team will look much different to those teams in the past. Win or lose this series I think the hawks are building a legitate team for the future!

I think you are right. Atl needs to draft and develop a superstar. Would have been great if they could have got Andrew Wiggins