What Would It Take For You To Trade Horford

WOR

This is hypothetical so don't go having a freakout.

I love Horford. He's the only player ever that I have signed memorabilia from(other than a hat a few players signed at AF training camp).

But lets be honest. His injury history is starting to become a concern for me. Also, this team has always had the issue of having 2 PFs and no real center. Milsap is healthy and can contribute at a high level, therefore in this HYPOTHETICAL scenario, you are trading Horford. What do you want in return?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you say to a potential game changing 2 or 3 and a decent starting center? The Warriors come to mind.

Hypothetical of course. I don't think they'd ever make that trade.

An explosive two to match with Teague would be a good move or an explosive wing but where would you play Korver. I think a defensive minded center would be ideal imo.

An explosive two to match with Teague would be a good move or an explosive wing but where would you play Korver. I think a defensive minded center would be ideal imo.

Korver would come off the bench and still play heavy minutes at the 2 and 3.

I love korver, but I'm a big defensive guy and korver is an area we could improve upon starter wise.

One bonafide 2 and a big man to clog up the paint. Korver is a great shooter but he can't create his own shot which can present problems if teams are guarding him well or he can't hit from the perimeter. Fortunately we have two first round picks this year (one from the Nets), so we could go G/SF and C in the first (maybe even trade up if one of these young guys is worth it; couldn't tell you who though).

Edited by JerseyNo12

One bonafide 2 and a big man to clog up the paint. Korver is a great shooter but he can't create his own shot which can present problems if teams are guarding him well or he can't hit from the perimeter. Fortunately we have two first round picks this year (one from the Nets), so we could go G/SF and C in the first (maybe even trade up if one of these young guys is worth it; couldn't tell you who though).

Do we have Two?

I always thought the deal was we could swap picks if theirs was higher.

What would you say to a potential game changing 2 or 3 and a decent starting center? The Warriors come to mind.

Hypothetical of course. I don't think they'd ever make that trade.

I know you aren't talking about Steph Curry cause the Warriors would never in a million years entertain that trade. I doubt they trade Klay Thompson but possible. And they already have a decent 4 in David Lee. Maybe Horford for Klay and Lee. Would be a decent trade for Atlanta. Or maybe Bogut and Klay. Bogut is a decent center

I know you aren't talking about Steph Curry cause the Warriors would never in a million years entertain that trade. I doubt they trade Klay Thompson but possible. And they already have a decent 4 in David Lee. Maybe Horford for Klay and Lee. Would be a decent trade for Atlanta. Or maybe Bogut and Klay. Bogut is a decent center

Yeah I mean klay or Barnes. If they still have him lol.

But Lee is the main reason I think they wouldn't do it. Kinda pointless for them.

Yeah I mean klay or Barnes. If they still have him lol.

But Lee is the main reason I think they wouldn't do it. Kinda pointless for them.

they still have Barnes. And yeah with them having Lee I seriously doubt they do it. I think Atlanta will have to keep Horford. But if you could get Klay Thompson somehow that would be awesome for Atlanta. I'm holding out hope the Lakers get Steph Curry when he becomes a FA. So dont steal my dream WOR lol

Hey now, which team made the playoffs? Haha

rub it in man. Rub it in. Lakers didn't make the playoffs cause Jim Buss is destroying the team. I swear no freaking way did he come from Dr Jerry Buss loins. To hire Mike D'Antoni over Phil Jackson has to be one of the all time worse moves. And this jackass said he would remove himself in a few years if the Lakers aren't contenders. I was thinking more like a few hours or minutes

rub it in man. Rub it in. Lakers didn't make the playoffs cause Jim Buss is destroying the team. I swear no freaking way did he come from Dr Jerry Buss loins. To hire Mike D'Antoni over Phil Jackson has to be one of the all time worse moves. And this jackass said he would remove himself in a few years if the Lakers aren't contenders. I was thinking more like a few hours or minutes

The Lakers reminded me a lot of the Lebron years in Cleveland. Y'all even shared a coach for a little while....lol

Both teams had too many secondary role players and aging talent starting. Basically saying, you're a super star, you don't need that much help.

Unfortunately for the Lakers they lost their star and yikes....lol.

The Lakers reminded me a lot of the Lebron years in Cleveland. Y'all even shared a coach for a little while....lol

Both teams had too many secondary role players and aging talent starting. Basically saying, you're a super star, you don't need that much help.

Unfortunately for the Lakers they lost their star and yikes....lol.

I rather have Mike Brown instead of D'Antoni. And that is a great comparison. The Lakers need to get Wiggins, Smart or Parker in the draft. We need one of them. And rumor has it that Kevin Love will come home to LA when his contract is up. Let's say Curry, Wiggins or Parker and Love would be a nice nucleus. **** I should be the GM. Or the assistant GM. First thing I would do is cut Nash old *** and slap Jim Buss. Make an instant impact

I rather have Mike Brown instead of D'Antoni. And that is a great comparison. The Lakers need to get Wiggins, Smart or Parker in the draft. We need one of them. And rumor has it that Kevin Love will come home to LA when his contract is up. Let's say Curry, Wiggins or Parker and Love would be a nice nucleus. **** I should be the GM. Or the assistant GM. First thing I would do is cut Nash old *** and slap Jim Buss. Make an instant impact

This is why I don't like the Lakers, any team from Miami, or any team from NY

No offense but this it is kind of pathetic for these franchises to be in the running with FA stars EVERY year. Its just a joke to me. Last two years it was dwight. Now its Love. Ive heard pairing Kobe with another superstar like Carmelo. I just...as a supporter of a small market team(which is the majority of the NBA), its just kinda ********.

I think you'll understand that lol.

This is why I don't like the Lakers, any team from Miami, or any team from NY

No offense but this it is kind of pathetic for these franchises to be in the running with FA stars EVERY year. Its just a joke to me. Last two years it was dwight. Now its Love. Ive heard pairing Kobe with another superstar like Carmelo. I just...as a supporter of a small market team(which is the majority of the NBA), its just kinda ********.

I think you'll understand that lol.

I understand. But Atlanta is like the 8th biggest TV market in the country. They shouldn't be operating like a small market team. I mean if they had the ownership to do it. As a Braves fan I understand what you mean. Makes me mad that the Yankees can be in the running of every big name FA and the Braves can't.

I understand. But Atlanta is like the 8th biggest TV market in the country. They shouldn't be operating like a small market team. I mean if they had the ownership to do it. As a Braves fan I understand what you mean. Makes me mad that the Yankees can be in the running of every big name FA and the Braves can't.

That whole 8th market thing is what gets me.....I guess the 7th market is the cutoff for big money because all Atlanta teams run on a strict budget. Theres a reason people were freaking out about the Braves giving out contract after contract lol.

That whole 8th market thing is what gets me.....I guess the 7th market is the cutoff for big money because all Atlanta teams run on a strict budget. Theres a reason people were freaking out about the Braves giving out contract after contract lol.

well the Braves problem is that TV deal. Such a crap deal. When Ted Turner ran the Braves we were always in on the big FAs. We went after Bonds when he left Pittsburgh. We also went after Griffey and A-Rod when they left Seattle