Right Vs Wrong Way To "mod"

With the possibility of new "mods" being added, I think it is important for the TATF community to chime in on proper modding vs abusive modding.

It is wrong for a mod to delete an entire thread, without any explanation, and subsequently ignoring inquiries as to why a thread was deleted, simply because certain posts within that thread were deemed "inappropriate". All you have to do is simply remove the "offending" posts from the thread, not delete the entire thread that could have some good discussions in it.

Mods should not be the end all in what they consider to be "offensive". We all have the option to utilize the ignore button if a certain member says things we don't like.

A Mods main duty should be to merge threads with the same OP topic, not looking to ban members or delete threads. Of course, if there is an obvious troll they should be dealt with accordingly, but those instances are pretty obvious.

On the topic of merging threads, if there are 5 Clowney threads, but they each have their own points in the OP, then those do not need to be merged. Only when people are reporting the same news in the OP should those threads be merged.

Please feel free to flame or add to the list, but the "everyone gets a trophy" and the "we don't want to offend anybody" over the top PC crap is pretty weak...

USE YOUR IGNORE BUTTON!

Guest fibonacci

dang it MODs. this was not my intentions. I have locked my thread.

The MODs who are active are doing their jobs. and things are fine sometimes on the boards. it just when they are not here people act like a kidin classroom with the teach being absent.

I say ban them like they ban others. They aren't welcome here.

Piggy backing the conversation. Don't ban them just because they're saints fans.

Ban them if they start acting like tools. Bumping old threads, insulting every player we have, arguing Loomis and Payton are gods and brees is Jesus. Stuff like that....that's not discussion. That's just saints fans being dbags

Piggy backing the conversation. Don't ban them just because they're saints fans.

Ban them if they start acting like tools. Bumping old threads, insulting every player we have, arguing Loomis and Payton are gods and brees is Jesus. Stuff like that....that's not discussion. That's just saints fans being dbags

I've seen a lot of that. Especially when they matched the offer for Bush.

Agree completely. Whatever team they're fans of, if they want to discuss things great, but if every post is an attempt to troll, you ban them and leave everybody else alone.