There Are No Stars On Our Defense...no Leaders

You have to ask people..."who can you name on the Falcons defense". Most of the time if not 100% of the time they will say nothing. Even with the large number of nationally televised games we've played over the last few years people still don't know who they are. That speaks volumes. Every team that wins Super Bowls has that superstar or leader that is known. Why? I don't know but it's just a fact. Falcons need their man on defense who can lead and play at a higher level. Guys like this make others around him better. They make the offense better by practicing against that higher level. Our offense has been practicing against a sub par defense for years. We will never reach our potential at this rate.

You really can't draft a superstar because you never know what you're getting. I think it's time for the front office to use draft picks to bring in that guy who is proven and can come in and be an immediate impact. I know it's outside of the box thinking right now but it may be the right thing to do if you need to win now.

Just saying IRON SHARPENS IRON.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fibonacci

You're full of it if you think people could not answer worrilow.

Full of it on weatherspoon.

Full of it on Abraham

Biermann, osi, a wtf is a Corey Peters. Moore. Nicholas, Peters,

I think your problem is you hang out with cfl fans or soccer fans or your moms girl friends. Because i can ask a saint fan and they know. I can ask a raider fan and they know some. Browns will never forget that interception btu biermann. Steelers will never forget our defense back in 09. And trust me i know about brown and steeler fans, they are my friends.

So yeah, you need to start hanging out with American football fans at least

Guest fibonacci

Star does not equal leader. Name one thing about Abe that made him a leader. Mike Peterson was a leader. Spoon is a leader. Osi is a leader. Guess it depends on your definition of leader

i think the OP only knows who the media talks on. He probably thinks Troy is the star of the saints for the last 3 years. Probably thinks vilma is the star of the saints for the last the years.

He himself doesn't probably know who the stars were in raiders, colts, miami (he probably thinks it's grimes), etc etc.

This is a thread supporting trading up for Clowney. Thread title mentions leadership. A leader works to make others around him better. Sorry but if Clowney is not that type of guy. A leader doesn't take plays off and half ***** it during practice. A leader doesn't display diva like qualities. I know you want the "best" player according to the media but the player you want doesn't fit this particular thread

Abe was amazing but he was never really a leader.

I really do believe it depends on your definition of leader. Abe might not have been Mr. Hoorah but he led by example. He made key plays that got our defense hype. I would take 11 guys like that any day. Edited by iEmbrace_life

i think the OP only knows who the media talks on. He probably thinks Troy is the star of the saints for the last 3 years. Probably thinks vilma is the star of the saints for the last the years.

He himself doesn't probably know who the stars were in raiders, colts, miami (he probably thinks it's grimes), etc etc.

the definition of leadership is kinda flawed from the jump

Guest fibonacci

Some leaders come from the first. But there is a lot that come from other round to bring undrafted.

So OP tell me who the top dogs are on defense in just our division. And you'll be surprised where they got selected at.

And like yaboi said, out takes time. And like roflms said, "if clown is our leader then we will have bigger problems"

You're full of it if you think people could not answer worrilow.

Full of it on weatherspoon.

Full of it on Abraham

Biermann, osi, a wtf is a Corey Peters. Moore. Nicholas, Peters,

I think your problem is you hang out with cfl fans or soccer fans or your moms girl friends. Because i can ask a saint fan and they know. I can ask a raider fan and they know some. Browns will never forget that interception btu biermann. Steelers will never forget our defense back in 09. And trust me i know about brown and steeler fans, they are my friends.

So yeah, you need to start hanging out with American football fans at least

I can assure you that outside of hardcore ATL fans, no one knows those guys. No one knows Spoon, no one knows Moore. Nicholas, Peters. Worrilow either.

Thats just a fact.

Leading by example is leadership...on the field/work. If you can't recognize professionalism and pay close attention, its your own fault. Abe shouldn't hold anyone's hand...watch and observe.

so you're confident a guy like Clowney will lead by example on every practice and every weight room session? Please. You don't lead by example by showing off what no one else can do with your "god given talent". You lead by example by working hard and inspiring others to do the same.

I think that will change. Mistakes and some consequences hurt our depth and overall skill. They admitted that, now they are taking the steps. I am impressed so far with what has.taken place. A lot of logical steps have been made. The draft will add to that. Don't yhinkbfor a second.that they aren't.huddling daily and making all the necessary decisions and strategies to get us back.

Improved offensive and defensive lines. Adding experienced depth. And I am sure every tire is being kicked. The draft will fill further holes. And God bless anyone that thought this would all be fixed in one off season. Many of last years starters will be depth, where they should have been in the first place. Many are on the tail end of contracts or.on prove it deals. To me, the fire works will happen next years.

We will run the ball. The power run game will come back. And I guarantee we draft a bruiser of a running back. Add a stud FB and here we go. We can get back that atmosphere we had in 08 and 09. Its doable. Last year was our collapse exposing the rot. That's being addressed. Its going to get exciting.

He made the defense as a whole better. If we didn't have a legit edge rusher during those years then our defense would have been much worse than it was. DeCoud, Chris Owens, and D. Rob would have been eaten alive even more.

our defense was nothing worth talking about until Nolan arrived. Abe did not make the defense better as a whole, he didn't make spoon, nic, kroy, the secondary better with his play. If so I would have loved to have witnessed it

Guest fibonacci

I can assure you that outside of hardcore ATL fans, no one knows those guys. No one knows Spoon, no one knows Moore. Nicholas, Peters. Worrilow either.

Thats just a fact.

i hang out with steeler fans. I had people call me up saying, "dude who is this worrilow guy". And that was a rookie you know?

Arizona fans know trufant.....do you know why?

Niners know trufant......do you know why?

But hey these guys are my friends..... And when i haven't talked to them on a defense player and they call me saying who is worrilow, yeah your wrong. And that's a fact.

And go visit rival central and all those guys.