Sounds Like Clowney May Already Be Gone...

RYNE

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's true I'll be laughing when their entire FO are looking for jobs next season when they go 2-14 again Lol.

It'll be like watching Arizona play against us in 2012. Sure they can get 5 picks on Matt but they can't score a **** offensive point to save their lives

Edited by RideOrDieIce

Cool don't wanna give up the picks. I'm going to do my mock draft here soon. If it were as easy as giving up only a 3rd and MAYBE and 4th then I would trade. But I wanna see who is available at #4(Browns pick) or just sit pat and see who is there at 6. I'm leaning towards trading down a few spots and get a few more picks

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live Thursday that the "prevailing thought around the league" is the Texans will "take a defensive player or look to trade out" at the No. 1 overall pick.

Per Schefter, Houston is unlikely to draft a quarterback first. There have been increased signs the Texans have already settled on South Carolina DE/OLB Jadeveon Clowney, not the least of which was Clowney's decision to end his private-workout schedule on the pre-draft circuit. We suspect the Texans may have already informed Clowney he'll be their pick. Look for Houston to draft Clowney at No. 1 and select a quarterback 33rd overall. Signal callers are going to fall on draft day, quite possibly further than anyone expects.

Related: Texans

Apr 17 - 4:15 PM

Cool don't wanna give up the picks. I'm going to do my mock draft here soon. If it were as easy as giving up only a 3rd and MAYBE and 4th then I would trade. But I wanna see who is available at #4(Browns pick) or just sit pat and see who is there at 6. I'm leaning towards trading down a few spots and get a few more picks

I'm so glad you get to make our picks...

Someone better tell TD and Co. before they waste time meeting with him.

Someone should also tell the texans, since they have meetings with Manziel AND Bortles next week.

I think this is smoke to get atlanta or another team to trade up. If they were 100% solid, then they would use those visits for a QB in the 2nd. You only got 30 visits total.

I recall reading this statement almost exactly the same way in like 8 other threads. "People will believe we can still get Clowney even after he's already gone." Originality at its finest.

This!!!!

Some of you act like this is your first draft.

Ever since the 2014 NFL Draft order was determined, we have heard the same song over and over again in regards to the Houston Texans and their first overall pick.

The Texans' biggest need is a quarterback, but there are several other players at different positions who are considered much better prospects than this year's top signal callers.

Even so, teams often draft based on needs, and that is what the Texans were initially expected to do. Teddy Bridgewater was first expected to be the Texans' pick, then hometown kid Johnny Manziel, then the prototypical-sized Blake Bortles. Now, however, it looks as if none of those players will be taken at the top of the draft.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the "prevailing thought around the league" is that the Texans will either "take a defensive player or look to trade out" at the No. 1 overall pick.

With the draft stock of quarterbacks plummeting (Bridgewater is now said to be a second-round possibility), this report seems to make plenty of sense. The Texans definitely need a quarterback, but the top prospects at the position have quite a few question marks surrounding them, and there are some intriguing quarterbacks who could be better values in the second or third rounds. If the Texans trade down (let's say to No. 6, the Atlanta Falcons' pick), there is a decent chance that they take a top quarterback prospect while picking up some extra draft selections, but if they stay at the top of the draft, the talent on the defensive side of the ball could be too much to pass on.

The player that will go to the Texans if they pass on a quarterback, in all likelihood, will be Jadeveon Clowney of South Carolina. While the stock of quarterbacks has been dropping, Clowney has used the pre-draft process to affirm his status as one of the most unique physical specimens that the game has ever seen. Rushing the passer has become more important than ever in the NFL, and Clowney has all the tools to become one of the all-time greats at hunting down quarterbacks.

If the Texans do go the Clowney route, they could still get their hands on a high-end signal caller in the second round. With the worst record in the NFL, the Texans also have the No. 33 pick, which could be used to select a player like Bridgewater, Jimmy Garoppolo, Zach Mettenberger, or Tom Savage. The latter two appear to be the best fits for what head coach Bill O'Brien likes to do on offense, for what it's worth.

As usual, the draft is turning out to be unpredictable. The Texans could have their sights set on a quarterback and are just trying to boost the trade value of their pick by hinting that they're going to take Clowney. If the assumption was that the Texans would pass on Clowney to take a quarterback, that would boost the value of the St. Louis Rams' No. 2 pick, but if teams think that Clowney will go first overall, they will be willing to give up a ton to move to the top of the draft and land him.

Schefter's report certainly makes sense and very well may be accurate, but it is lying season in the NFL and it is tough to fully buy in on anything you hear. Clowney currently looks like the favorite to be selected first overall, but if the Texans fail to find a trade partner who will offer the package of picks they are looking for, don't be surprised to see them make a quarterback the first overall pick.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/16907523-growing-sense-that-texans-will-take-defender-or-trade-out-at-no-1-overall

I recall reading this statement almost exactly the same way in like 8 other threads. "People will believe we can still get Clowney even after he's already gone." Originality at its finest.

Ouch!! Touched a nerve!! I can't help the truth man. We will be playing in game 8 of next season and some idiot will still be coming up with ideas to take him from Houston. All the while I will be living in the real world.

Here my thoughts on both Texans and Browns who need qb's......wait.......Guys like Grappolo, Mettenberger, Murray, McCarrons........they aren't that much worst then the Manziels, Bortles, Bridgewaters and the like..... So Texans should grab Clowney, and Browns should grab Mack or Watkins and get your starting QB at the top of round 2......

Here my thoughts on both Texans and Browns who need qb's......wait.......Guys like Grappolo, Mettenberger, Murray, McCarrons........they aren't that much worst then the Manziels, Bortles, Bridgewaters and the like..... So Texans should grab Clowney, and Browns should grab Mack or Watkins and get your starting QB at the top of round 2......

Yep

I don't see the Browns taking Mack though because they paid Kruger in FA and drafted Mingo with the 6th overall pick last offseason. They also still have Sheard as a good backup.

Yeah guys the difference in QBs from what they can get at 1 to what they can fet at 33 isn't much. Heck a lot of people think some of the later ones will end up better. I like Clowney, I would love to get him. That said I'm not going to fool myself into thinking he's ours just because I want him. Why is it such a harf concept to understand they want him too? His talentd aren't hidden to everyone except us. It's comical it really is. lol

Yeah guys the difference in QBs from what they can get at 1 to what they can fet at 33 isn't much. Heck a lot of people think some of the later ones will end up better. I like Clowney, I would love to get him. That said I'm not going to fool myself into thinking he's ours just because I want him. Why is it such a harf concept to understand they want him too? His talentd aren't hidden to everyone except us. It's comical it really is. lol

Why is it such a hard concept to understand that they may be trying to drive up the cost of trade?