St. Louis Controls Our Destiny

atlGM

The anxiety leading upthe to draft day can create both suspense and a considerable amount of anguish for nfl roster makers. I as well as many of the mockers here on AFMB's pull our hair out trying to figure out what will happen come may eighth.

While going over every thinkable scenario I can come up with I have come to the conclusion that we are completely at the mercy of the St. Louis Rams draft decision.

I personally have canceled out the option of trading up as our 4-12 record was a clear indication of the lack of talent and depth on our roster.

So from that standpoint i think our best case scenario would be to stay at six and hopefully draft one of the top 5 talents in the draft.

I see St. Louis trading out of the #2 pick with Cleveland Browns (selecting Johnny Manzel) who can offer 2 first round picks and a 3rd in this years draft. Selecting at 4 will keep the Rams in place to draft for their their two top roster needs wide out and OT.

If the rams go OT I think Robinson is their pick leaving the falcons with the khalil Mack or Jake Matthews to choose from. If they go Watkins there is a great chance we wll have an opportunity to choose who we want between Matthews, Robinson, and Mack.

I personally dont see the raiders playing much of a part in our draft as they desperately need a WR for Schaub to get the ball to. If the rams take Watkins I still see Mike Evans as a strong option for the 5th pick. Khalil Mack is a darkhorse pick for them but I just don't see where he fits in their defense.

Understanding of course that STL can trade out of #2, in the end I don't think they will because they are in full control of getting the guy they want, aside from Clowney or one of the QBs - depending on who HOU takes of course. I think having that second 1st rounder is the perfect reason to not trade out. At any rate, I think the team that can screw us out of Mack (who I want if Clowney goes #1) is actually JAX. I know they desperately need a QB, but I can see them waiting until round 2 and getting one of the considered 'elite' players in the draft. I don't think any of the QBs are considered in that category. Hopefully we can land Mack at 6 without trading any of our picks. I especially don't want to lose that 2nd rounder.

Understanding of course that STL can trade out of #2, in the end I don't think they will because they are in full control of getting the guy they want, aside from Clowney or one of the QBs - depending on who HOU takes of course. I think having that second 1st rounder is the perfect reason to not trade out. At any rate, I think the team that can screw us out of Mack (who I want if Clowney goes #1) is actually JAX. I know they desperately need a QB, but I can see them waiting until round 2 and getting one of the considered 'elite' players in the draft. I don't think any of the QBs are considered in that category. Hopefully we can land Mack at 6 without trading any of our picks. I especially don't want to lose that 2nd rounder.

yea I think clowney slides to 3 and Jacksonville takes him there. I think houston goes QB just because their are too manh questions on clowneys want to. But if clowney is gone I'd agree Jacksonville might take a long look at Mack.

Guest fibonacci

I got dizzy reading all these "what if's".

I'll be back later after I take an aspirin and lie down.

what if.......... you found out I was the one..... the one to open the peanut butter.

what if........... you found out.................I could not open the peanut butter

what if.......... you opened.............. the jelly

what if.............. peria popped out and said he was really jelly of peanut butter.

what if.............bryan died.......wait wait that already happened.

brian-griffin-family-guy_0.jpg

1 - Houston - Bortles

2 - Rams - Robinson

3 - Lions (trade) - Clowney

4 - Browns - Manziel

5 - Raiders - Watkins

6 - Falcons - Mack

If these are the first 3 picks then I'd be ok with trading up to 4 or 5 to make sure that another team doesn't trade up ahead of us to get Mack. I think it's pretty much a given that if Mack is there at 6 we are taking him, so another team might be scheming on moving ahead of us to get him if he's there at 4 or 5. I'd trade a 2nd rounder next year or a 3rd rounder this year to move up a couple of spots