Grim Reality For Us @ 6.

If we dont get Matthews or Robinson at 6 we need to trade down and get Lewan. If we dont get a OT in rd 1 we can forget it in this draft because our back ups are better than the guys that are rated as the 38th best players in the draft. In reality I think the OT position will be so overdrafted in the bottom of rd 1 and maybe early rd 2 that we would be left with 3rd rd talent with our second pick. The beauty is that pass rushing LB's are a plenty and could slide. I think TE will be rich for us early in rd 3 with a Seferian Jenkins, Niklas, or Fiedorowicz being available. I want OT, OLB, TE in our first three picks in that order. In rd four there are a few RB's I like in Sims, Williams, West, and Seastrunk. FS, NT, and depth the rest of the way.

The more I hear 680 the more I am getting nervous no QB's are taking in the first 5 picks

You really think Oakland, Jacksonville, and Cleveland can afford to pass up any of the big 3 QBs to take a project in the later rounds? Don't believe the media, ESPECIALLY 680.

You really think Oakland, Jacksonville, and Cleveland can afford to pass up any of the big 3 QBs to take a project in the later rounds? Don't believe the media, ESPECIALLY 680.

I hope you are correct, that would be a disaster for us. If one or two QBs are taking we can get Matthews

It only takes one team but honestly I don't see a "big" QB in the bunch and you might as well say big 4 QBs because Carr is now part of the group. The problem is did Carr work his way up in to the group or did the shine come off of the big 3 once NFL teams started dissecting them. I think it's the latter. Especially with Bridgewater and Manziel. I'm starting to think Bridgewater might fall out of the first round all together. I don't think Manziel makes it past Cleavland at 26.

I think one of the biggest problems is that highly drafted QBs are expected to start day one in the NFL and not a single QB in this draft is that type of QB.

Edited by GrumpyGrumbler

Welcome to my line of thinking. I think we will be lucky if one qb is off the board by the time we pick at 6 much less two or three lol

As a collective group (HOU, JAC, CLE, and OAK) I can't see how at least one QB isn't drafted. When I look at them individually I see no way a single QB is taken before 6 without a team like MIN trading.

If we dont get Matthews or Robinson at 6 we need to trade down and get Lewan. If we dont get a OT in rd 1 we can forget it in this draft because our back ups are better than the guys that are rated as the 38th best players in the draft. In reality I think the OT position will be so overdrafted in the bottom of rd 1 and maybe early rd 2 that we would be left with 3rd rd talent with our second pick. The beauty is that pass rushing LB's are a plenty and could slide. I think TE will be rich for us early in rd 3 with a Seferian Jenkins, Niklas, or Fiedorowicz being available. I want OT, OLB, TE in our first three picks in that order. In rd four there are a few RB's I like in Sims, Williams, West, and Seastrunk. FS, NT, and depth the rest of the way.

Or we end up staying at #6 and draft Lewan instead.

The folks that let anxiety turn to paranoia are hilarious. There are 4 teams that need QBs. And you think they ALL pass on a Heisman winner, a guy with 7:1 TD to INT rate plus 3600+ yds with 70% comp, and another guy with tailored measurable with proven production?

The media guys on these shows are commentators, not analysts. They say stuff to encite reactions/emotions from guys like you. If they had meaningful insight they would be working for an NFL team. As you know, they don't. They just hear rumors and speculation third-person and pass it on as if it where fact.

Don't be fooled.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13