The Official Clowney Prediction Thread: To Be Revisted In 2 Years, What Is Your Prediction?

gazoo

Most likely 2 scenarios from the perspective of a Falcons Fan:

1. Falcons move up for Clowney: 100% chance Clowney has great first game, in the second game blows his ACL, next 3 seasons we wait for him to become a superstar, injuries and subpar play force us to move on. Signs with a division rival, becomes 15 sack a season player, 8 are from the 2 games he played the Falcons.

2. Falcons stay pat at 6, someone else drafts Clowney: 100% chance Falcons draft underwhelming to disappointing player, Clowney gets 20 sacks his rookie season, wins 5 Super Bowls, retires, HOF committee changes rules to allow players to enter Canton after 1 year.

That's what will happen, and you all know it's true.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely 2 scenarios from the perspective of a Falcons Fan:

1. Falcons move up for Clowney: 100% chance Clowney has great first game, in the second game blows his ACL, next 3 seasons we wait for him to become a superstar, injuries and subpar play force us to move on. Signs with a division rival, becomes 15 sack a season player, 8 are from the 2 games he played the Falcons.

2. Falcons stay pat at 6, someone else drafts Clowney: 100% chance Falcons draft underwhelming to disappointing player, Clowney gets 20 sacks his rookie season, wins 5 Super Bowls, retires, HOF committee changes rules to allow players to enter Canton after 1 year.

That's wat will happen, and you all know it's true.

Lol

I think there is a 67% chance he'll be a disappointment which is the likeliest scenario in my position.

Also, I think there is a 95% chance he will be a prima Donna. I see him sitting out with small injuries worried he could make the injury worse when all other players in the roster suit up and play with same injuries. I see him being all about hiim and this is another red flag. Lazy and self centered are not good "team player" qualities. I think his career will be marred in inconsistency.

I Hope I'm wrong about him, but I personally wouldn't draft him based on what I know, TD knows more than I do though and I cede that. I. He gets picked by falcons he'll. have my full support unless my position becomes reality.

This would be about the same thoughts I have. Even his own comments dating back to the combine trouble me about having to trade up to get him. He may end up being decent but I think most places will see him as a bust due to hype and draft position multiply that a couple of times to a team that trades up to get him.

Michael Vick is THE most talented player I've EVER (well maybe not as good as Lebron James) seen and I'm talking about his arm strength, speed agility and other physical attributes but when you get to the NFL you need to be a complete player AND you need to be a student of the game, which Vick isn't (talking about himself in the 3rd person didn't help matters). Therefore, with his immense talent,I see it going to waste. There's a reason Houston wants to trade the 1st pick away. BUST 100% Next to JJ WATTS, he's going to be an eye-sore very quickly.

My best guess.

Clowney will have an up and down first contract. Initially, I expect him to surprise a lot of OL's with his quickness. After eight games, I expect that film study will help the league catch up to him. After that, I suspect that he will have trouble making a big impact. He will probably show flashes of brilliance but not put a consistent string of games together. UNTIL, of course, his contract season. At that time, he will knock down ten sacks and force his team to pony up a big chunk of change.

I don't think that he has the hunger needed to be the next Lawrence Taylor, or Bruce Smith, or Julius Peppers.

Just my guess; I hope I am wrong.

Sadly, my feelings to. The pressure may be too much for him. He will be solid, I just don't think he is the total game changer many.hope.for.

So it's OK to predict that Clowney won't be a good pro based on 2 seasons that haven't even happened, but yet OP is usually the first in line to tell the people who think Konz and Holmes suck that they don't understand football and player development. So he's either a hypocrite or a moron or both. Probably both.

I predict off field and on field issues from day one with Clowney. He will never make it in the NFL. The NFL is about more than leaping bags and picking up tennis balls. Since he can't play with sore ribs in college, he is too frail. Since he got 3.5 sacks his last year in college, he'll get none in the NFL. I wouldn't take this problem child in the fourth round, much less first overall.

I have been around these boards long enough to know how opinions get misrepresented in the future from "the other side" of the previous debate. To try and minimize the level of dishonesty that will unquestionably be peddled here in the future, lets get everyone's true position on Clowney today on one thread:

My prediction: 33% Clowney could end up being all the wonderful things his proponents say he can be. 34% chance he will be an underachiever who never lives up to all the hype. 33% chance he will be a bust.

This means a 67% chance of him being average or a bust, and 33% a boom. Not good odds with a top 5 pick in draft IMO.This is my official position.

I think other players like Mathews, Robinson and Mack have considerably higher odds of being booms, perhaps as high as 80% with 20% chance of bombing or being average.

I also am not a raving lunatic fan of this guy that buys into the hype that he is the greatest thing in football ever. I watched some highlights of him. I did not see anything spectacular. He had good mobility and technique. He should be gone by the time the Falcons pick, and after the character issues, I'll be glad he will be someone else's problem.

I predict off field and on field issues from day one with Clowney. He will never make it in the NFL. The NFL is about more than leaping bags and picking up tennis balls. Since he can't play with sore ribs in college, he is too frail. Since he got 3.5 sacks his last year in college, he'll get none in the NFL. I wouldn't take this problem child in the fourth round, much less first overall.

Remember Brian Bosworth? Also the greatest player ever in the history of the world before he took a snap with the big dogs.

Anything we (TATF) know about Clowney is pure speculation, we really don't know about his work ethic, medical history or if he is team oriented or not.

I doubt that the Falcons FO will draft Clowney without first going through his life with a fine tooth comb, if they are fine with him who am i to object.

If playing for the Falcons 95% chance he will have a 10 sack season and be 2nd runner up to ROTY, with Aaron Donald winning it. (Donald plays for Cowboys)

If playing for another team 100% chance he will win ROTY with a 10 sack season

I have been around these boards long enough to know how opinions get misrepresented in the future from "the other side" of the previous debate. To try and minimize the level of dishonesty that will unquestionably be peddled here in the future, lets get everyone's true position on Clowney today on one thread:

My prediction: 33% Clowney could end up being all the wonderful things his proponents say he can be. 34% chance he will be an underachiever who never lives up to all the hype. 33% chance he will be a bust.

This means a 67% chance of him being average or a bust, and 33% a boom. Not good odds with a top 5 pick in draft IMO.This is my official position.

I think other players like Mathews, Robinson and Mack have considerably higher odds of being booms, perhaps as high as 80% with 20% chance of bombing or being average.

Personally I think you don't know anything about Clowney or football if you don't understand that Clowney is the best defensive prospect since Bruce Smith. The only way Clowney is not a great player in the NFL is if injuries prevent it.

Edited by AustinFalcon

Personally I think you don't know anything about Clowney or football if you don't understand that Clowney is the best defensive prospect since Bruce Smith. The only way Clowney is not a great player in the NFL is if injuries prevent it.

Personally I know that you don't know anything about Football! HE has as much chance of being the the best defensive prospect since Bruce smith has I do of running the 40 in under 3 seconds. NONE He is will be at BEST a 6 or 7 sack a season and that is at BEST. He has a 33.% chance or being the next Aundray Bruce a 33 % chance of being the next Jamall Anderson and a 34 % chance of being P Jelly if none of these happen then he has a 100 % chance of setting a NEW standard of what is know as a BUST and will make the others mentioned look good

Hhmmm okay okay. A lot of people seem to think that Clowney is going to be a bust based on hot air. But then again... all those so callled experts (like on nfl.com etc...) have Clowney in their mock drafts most of the time as the no. 1 pick and always a no. 5 pick. When a player is rated that highly the first thing you ask yourself: is he going to be a bust? Well... there is a 66% chance that Clowney will be. Why? His work ethic is not that great.... oh lack of work ethic. doesn't put as much effort in the game as he should be..He will probaly break the law several times, go to prison, smoke weed, get speeding tickets.. yes yes..

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!! A TOP 5 PICK, AN ATHLETE THAT COMES ONCE IN A DECADE. IN MOST MOCK DRAFTS PEOPLE SAY HOUSTON WILL PICK CLOWNEY BECAUSE HE IS THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!!!

Why the **** would Houston pick Clowney, apparantly the best player available, if he has a f*cking 66% chance of bust. Think people, think. At least he has a 95% succes rating. If you talk numbers, he will get more sacks at Houston. Will he help the Falcons... OF COURSE. Will he help the Falcons more than a Mack, Robinson or Matthews? If we trade up, is he worth all the picks instead of having Mack? ... that is a discussion. But to just blatantly say that he will be bust is disregarding every work a scout, critic or whatever professional in that field has done.

Imho; If we get Clowney, I don't give a **** if he get 5, 12 or 2 sacks. As long as we get pressure on the qb and start defending against the pass. Sure statistics or usefull parameters to determine if a player is effective, but they're not final. We need to win!! With all the hype surrounding him i'm 100% sure that clowney will make the falcons a better team. And with his lack of motor or work ethic... you people still don't trust the falcon filter?? If he really has the red flag will the falcons, who are conservative in picking off the field issues, really pick him? If he does have off the field issues and the falcons ignore the falcon filter how great of an player must Clowney be??

If you're still here, thx for letting me vent :P. I'll try to stay optimistic, what player we pick at #6 is a player who has my support for at least a full year. As should every drafted player have.

#1: Hey man, long time no see

#2: Ey! Everything good?

#1: Actually.... I recently got diagnosed with cancer, but my doctor said their is a slim chance of 5% that it's lethal....

#2: Wow.. i'm sorry.. but in my opinion it looks like there is a chance of about 40% you will die.

#1: What!? Seriously?

#2: Yeahh.. maybe even 50%

#1: Woaaah, how.. how do you even get these numbers?

#2: Heey man, i'm just trying to inform you... trying to help you... Talk to you soon ok?

#1: eehh . what? ... ok... See Ya

Like I said Twin......It won't make a flying f who you got on Defense If we can't protect our QB and stay on the dayuuum field. 2000 Raven's could stay on the field..

85 bear's could stay on the field......This is not a quick fix with him . We can win it all with a bad azz oline that tires the Defense of other team's. We can't take that

chance right now with this hype, and even if he lives up to it.....probably get hurt or sum crap playing Defense just because we can't stay consistent on Offense.