This Is How I See It Playing Out

1. Houston- cant find a trade partner so they take the bpa

JADEVEAN CLOWNEY

2. St Louis- with clowney gone no dice on us trading up

GREG ROBINSON

3. Jacksonville- need a qb although manziel is the flashy pick they go with

BLAKE BORTLES

4. Cleveland- with both Manziel and Watkins on the board along with Mack, they trade the 4th pick to the falcons for their 6,ad 68 while the falcons get clevelands 5th round pick Atlanta selects

KHALIL MACK

My mistake, I misread the post at first but I could see the Falcons trading up for a top pass rusher. Cleveland would be a potentially great spot if Mack and Manziel are still on the board. It would probably cost the Falcons only their #6th, 3rd, and maybe an additional mid round pick next year.

Cleveland should still be able to get their guy and in Manziel.

I'm not sure we trade up.

I think that, if nobody moves about, it will go

Clowney - Texans

Robinson - Rams

Mack - Jags

Manziel - Browns

Watkins - Raiders

Matthews - Falcons

I believe this is close. One QB will go before the 6th pick I am not sure who.

At this point, I'm convinced we are trading up to either 2 or 3. The only way we don't trade up is if Houston takes a QB and St Louis takes Watkins at 2. At that point, we might sit back and wait to see who falls to us, but even then, I really think that there is strong interest from other teams to move ahead of us into the top 5.

The teams in the top 5 that would be most likely to take a QB (Jags, Browns) and push a good player down to us would probably take any deal that lets them take a QB further down the draft order. Therefore, if we don't trade up we could be looking at a situation where no QBs are taken in the top 5 and we're forced to reach for a player at 6 who has a top 10-to-15 grade.

So I predict that we we trade up to get one of the top 3 players (Clowney, Mack, Robinson) in this draft because the front office expects that we will not be drafting this high again in the near future, so this is the year for us to get a transcendent player without having to do a Julio-type trade. If we can move up without giving up our 2nd round this year or our 1st next year, I think we'll do it. TD has bad luck in the 3rd round anyway, so no big loss if we give up our 3rd

I'll play!

HOU-BORTLES- FACE IT THEY NEED A QB. **** CARR WOULD BE AN UPGRADE.

STL-CLOWNEY- FISHER HAS A RB. HE NEEDS A DEFENSE TO PLAY OLD SCHOOL BALL CONTROL FOOTBALL

JAX-WATKINS- BLACKMON IN BIG TROUBLE. THEY NEED A TARGET FOR HENNE WHO THEY LIKE.

CLE- CARR- THEY HAVE A STUD AT WR. TATE IS AN UPGRADE AT RB. THEY NEED A QB.

OAK-ROBINSON-THEY NEED A ROAD GRADER TO PAVE THE WAY FOR THE RB THEY TAKE IN THE 2ND

ATL-MACK- FITS A BIG NEED AND CONTRIBUTES RIGHT AWAY

Edited by Ben Day Hoe

Why does everyone miss the fact that Houston is going to have a new starting QB no matter where he comes from and that they have a HUUUGGGGEEEEEE hole at right tackle?? Then they also miss the fact the safest pick in the 1st 15 picks is offensive tackle 70% hit rate. Actually it makes the most since for Houston to go tackle with that 1st but QB and WR before DE pick. Your only argument is that he is the best player but how much better do you really expect him to be? How big of a impact do you think he has on the team as a whole? Considering what they already have on defense, not too much. Sorry in no way do I think the Texans go clowney with the number one pick if they stand pat.

Edited by Sobeit

Why does everyone miss the fact that Houston is going to have a new starting QB no matter where he comes from and that they have a HUUUGGGGEEEEEE hole at right tackle?? Then they also miss the fact the safest pick in the 1st 15 picks is offensive tackle 70% hit rate. Actually it makes the most since for Houston to go tackle with that 1st but QB and WR before DE pick. Your only argument is that he is the best player but how much better do you really expect him to be? How big of a impact do you think he has on the team as a whole? Considering what they already have on defense, not too much. Sorry in no way do I think the Texans go clowney with the number one pick if they stand pat.

When was the last time a RT was the #1 overall pick? Ever?

I still to this day don't understand how Houston takes clowney. I promise you this, if they do that team is 8-8 for the next 3 years and that coach is gone then. It makes no sense. If they wanted to stud cline guys they should have just paid m Williams. They prob will take clowney but it will be the death of that team which is a veteran team.

St. Louis should take Watkins, but I could really see them taking Mack too. They not taking online now.

Jack QB manziel

Clev QB or online should get a QB

Raiders who the **** knows but I doubt online. Really could be QB, or what's left over between Mack and Watkins.

Maybe they don't want to pay Watt?

Crazier things have happened. Clowney and Mettenberger might be more appealing to them than Bortles and Attachiou, for example, although I'm not sure they will take a pass rusher if they skip Clowney. Could see them going Bortles and Richardson.

You'd have to go way back to 2014. wink.png

KC drafted a LT and played him a RT allowing the injury prone OT they franchised because they couldn't come to terms with (Brandon Albert) play out the string. Fisher is now their starting LT. Houston, on the other hand, already has a 28 All-Pro LT in Duane Brown who is signed thru 2018.

I believe this is close. One QB will go before the 6th pick I am not sure who.

I think 2 QBs could go before our pick. It is not a lock that Houston goes Clowney at number 1 they need a right tackle in a big way not to mention they traded their best QB and Johnson is not getting any younger. If they do consider going defense with that pick and looking at their roster I am not sure the pick would not be Mack. I'm just not sold on Clowney having to be their pick at number one. It seems to me they float that idea in hopes of trading down but I am no way sold they go Clowney with that pick in fact if no one trades up I think Clowney goes 3rd.

Actually I do not think there is some unwritten law of the draft that would come into effect and make someone have to take Clowney before pick 7 IMO.

Edited by Sobeit