Saints Looking To Bring 5 More Players To The Dark Side.

Trouble

A team that’s a prime candidate to add at cornerback in the 2014 NFL Draft reportedly hosted five prospects at the position on Tuesday.

According to ESPN’s Adam Caplan, Oklahoma’s Aaron Colvin, Lindenwood’s Pierre Desir, Oklahoma State’s Justin Gilbert, Baylor’s Demetri Goodson and Ohio State’s Bradley Roby all visited the Saints today.

The Saints select 27th in Round One. They recently signed former Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, bolstering their options at the position in the short term. However, Bailey will be 36 at the beginning of the 2014 campaign. Also, Patrick Robinson, the Saints’ 2010 first-round pick, will be a free agent after this season.

Darth loomis strikes back.

I wouldn't classify Jenkins as a bust; Robinson, however, is headed in that direction.

Robinson graded out very highly in PFF his rookie season, 19th our of 199 corners ranked. The next year, the Spags season, he was terrible, (although he did maintain a pretty low catch allowed %) Last season he was injured the whole year.

This season he'll be in more man press coverages, which is what he's good at. I'm hoping he will do very well this season.

Robinson graded out very highly in PFF his rookie season, 19th our of 199 corners ranked. The next year, the Spags season, he was terrible, (although he did maintain a pretty low catch allowed %) Last season he was injured the whole year.

This season he'll be in more man press coverages, which is what he's good at. I'm hoping he will do very well this season.

He graded out well but was really not what you'd expect for where he was selected. I'll give him a pass for Spags and the injury. Let's see what he does this year.

Edited by mvcrook

Jenkins was no bust. Bust players don't get rewarded Day 1 of FA with $16m contracts.

Robinson needs to prove is worth this year. Injury landed him on I/R last year.

Rumor from the DC area ladies is WFW is a bust in the hot tub.

I thought you were a bust if WRL declared a player as such. Evidently G.M.'s around the league think as much of his opinion as the rest of us do.wink.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Neither lived up to their draft potential. If that's a bust so be it. Saints haven't done great with the first round picks though. Outside of Vaccaro and Jordan there early round drafting leaves a lot to be desired. They excel in the mid to later round and UFDA. As long as that continue and they are getting positive production out of a good portion of their early round picks they will be fine.