Jon Asamoah - OG

Paul Soliai - DT

Tyson Jackson - DE/DT

Javier Arenas - CB

Devin Hester - KR/PR/WR

Josh Wilson - CB

Dwight Lowery - FS

Draft:

*Trade our #6(1600), #37(530) and next year's 1st and 3rd to the Texans for the #1(3000) pk*

1st rd, pk #1 - Jadeveon Clowney - DE

3rd rd, pk #68 - Kyle Van Noy - OLB

4th rd, pk #103 - JuWuan James - OT

4th rd, comp #139 - C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE

5th rd, pk #147 - Charles Sims - RB

*Trade our #182(18.4), #220(3.6) to the Cardinals #160(27.4)*

5th rd, pk #160 - Kenny Ladler - FS

7th rd, comp #253 - Zach Kerr - DT

7th rd, comp #255 - Shaq Evans - WR

Draft:

*Trade our #6(1600), #37(530) and next year's 1st and 3rd to the Texans for the #1(3000) pk

^

Too steep

Maybe but I really want a dominant impact pass rusher and to me he's the one person in this draft that's really going to make an immediate impact. I know analyst keep saying Khalil Mack is an impact player but I personally don't think he's anywhere close to being as good as Clowney.

although I appreciate the kahonies it would take to trade for #1, I just think we can't afford it.

Why can't we afford it? Everyone keeps saying we have a ton of needs I just don't see it. Honestly I really don't think we need another OT but if James falls to the 3rd rd like predicted he'd be hard to pass up. I love his mean streak. Our NEEDS imo are DE, TE, FS and OLB and this draft covers that. Injuries played a key role in us looking so bad last season.

Maybe but I really want a dominant impact pass rusher and to me he's the one person in this draft that's really going to make an immediate impact. I know analyst keep saying Khalil Mack is an impact player but I personally don't think he's anywhere close to being as good as Clowney.

I get the reasoning, but we could have real needs on OL next year as Blalock is getting old, and baker is as well and of course he's injury prone. Were hedging our bets that James develops as does a Holmes. We could end up no lt or rt . And even safety might be a true need next year.

I dunno. It's tough call, as Clowney could be a great player--as in a once in a lifetime type, but will he be enough to carry us if we have major holes on roster but no draft currency next year to fill them?

I think Mack is overrated. I've watched several games that he's been literally nullified on field. He nay be good player but not Clowney level.

Btw getting van noy in 3rd probably isn't happening. I'm seeing a late first round/early second round grade on him.

I love the rest of your picks. I'll say thus, of all the mock trades for Clowney yours is the most realistic. No way the texans give bargain prices on Clowney if he's the "real deal" in most GMs eyes

Why can't we afford it? Everyone keeps saying we have a ton of needs I just don't see it. Honestly I really don't think we need another OT but if James falls to the 3rd rd like predicted he'd be hard to pass up. I love his mean streak. Our NEEDS imo are DE, TE, FS and OLB and this draft covers that. Injuries played a key role in us looking so bad last season.

IMO and only mine, we have to look at next year as well. In 2015 the aging baker has a 7.3m cap hit, but only 2.8m in dead money. The also aging Blalock has a 7.9m cap hit but only 3.2m dead money in 2015 but in 2016 he only counts 960k in dead money. In my mind we have to be forward thinking and drafting or grooming their replacements.

So in bakers case, you know already we have a RT hole. But couple that with bakers injury issues. You have to ask yourself do I trust Matt's health with a raw Juwan James at RT and Holmes at LT? I don't

Blalock is a bit different, as he's reliable. So we could take a late round developmental project, but what happens in 2015 if we have no first round pick but want to get younger and more talented at the RG position? Without a first and 3rd round pick in 2015 we lose a lot of flexibility.

Ditto with safety. We have stop gaps. But no first or third round pick were hoping Lowrey is da man or Motta surprises us.

I just don't like giving up a lot of picks with so many variables coming to play in 2015...unless you can convince me that Clowney is such a game changer that filling holes at RT now, RG , S and possibly LT in 2015 are not a concern

Can you..?

I'm not a fan of giving up as much to get from 6 to 1 as we'd have to give up to get from late 20's to 6.

If that's the case, shore up the OL and other holes this year (FS, TE, grab a pass rusher, NT), and trade up next year (there's normally a legit pass rusher in the 6-13 range), just maybe not this year.

We're already at 6. That should be a high quality pick. Ludicrous to give up a 1,2, and 3 to go higher than what should already be a premium pick.

I know several drafts have it, I'm just completely against it.

I'm not a fan of giving up as much to get from 6 to 1 as we'd have to give up to get from late 20's to 6.

If that's the case, shore up the OL and other holes this year (FS, TE, grab a pass rusher, NT), and trade up next year (there's normally a legit pass rusher in the 6-13 range), just maybe not this year.

We're already at 6. That should be a high quality pick. Ludicrous to give up a 1,2, and 3 to go higher than what should already be a premium pick.

I know several drafts have it, I'm just completely against it.

The other issue is our 2nd round pick this year is almost an extended first. Lots of good players in early second round

IMO and only mine, we have to look at next year as well. In 2015 the aging baker has a 7.3m cap hit, but only 2.8m in dead money. The also aging Blalock has a 7.9m cap hit but only 3.2m dead money in 2015 but in 2016 he only counts 960k in dead money. In my mind we have to be forward thinking and drafting or grooming their replacements.

So in bakers case, you know already we have a RT hole. But couple that with bakers injury issues. You have to ask yourself do I trust Matt's health with a raw Juwan James at RT and Holmes at LT? I don't

Blalock is a bit different, as he's reliable. So we could take a late round developmental project, but what happens in 2015 if we have no first round pick but want to get younger and more talented at the RG position? Without a first and 3rd round pick in 2015 we lose a lot of flexibility.

Ditto with safety. We have stop gaps. But no first or third round pick were hoping Lowrey is da man or Motta surprises us.

I just don't like giving up a lot of picks with so many variables coming to play in 2015...unless you can convince me that Clowney is such a game changer that filling holes at RT now, RG , S and possibly LT in 2015 are not a concern

Can you..?

My thing is I don't think James would have to play immediately which is the reason I want him cause I don't want a rookie protecting Ryan this season I want a guy that could come in and learn that has high upside. James had Pro Bowl potential imo looking at his tape games on YouTube he's as good as any in this draft. He a good pass protector and a beast in the run game. Robinson didn't do much pass protecting and was decent in pass protection but I wouldn't trust him protecting Ryan. Matthews is much better at pass protecting but wasn't the best run blocker he wasn't horrible either though. I just don't want to take a OL that high to be the main protector for Matt and they have flaws just like a guy you can take in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rd.

Can you..?

Also you act like there isn't going to be a draft in 2015. Plus who's to say Konz would take over and be a great RG?

My thing is I don't think James would have to play immediately which is the reason I want him cause I don't want a rookie protecting Ryan this season I want a guy that could come in and learn that has high upside. James had Pro Bowl potential imo looking at his tape games on YouTube he's as good as any in this draft. He a good pass protector and a beast in the run game. Robinson didn't do much pass protecting and was decent in pass protection but I wouldn't trust him protecting Ryan. Matthews is much better at pass protecting but wasn't the best run blocker he wasn't horrible either though. I just don't want to take a OL that high to be the main protector for Matt and they have flaws just like a guy you can take in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rd.

Sorry, dude, James isn't even in Robinson or Matthews stratosphere. Robins in has fantastic athletic ability and Matthews is a plug and play upgrade day one over Holmes. Assuming Konz improves he's a C at best and a ok G. Honestly if he doesn't take the C spot he's a former 2nd round draft pick. Not to be offensive but we talk about how we only draft mid round DE/OLBs--well how many mid round OTs do we keep banking on to improve ?

Btw what does Julius peppers, Mario Williams, Jared Allen and John Abraham all have in common? Zero Super Bowl rings. An elite pass rusher is not guarantee of overall team success. Everybody points to LT in the 80s and 90s as changing the game--well guess what...those giants teams had solid rosters. Including OL