Td Does What It Takes To Get His Man

When we needed a left tackle he traded up for S.Baker, when we needed a explosive wr he traded up for J. Jones, when we needed a stud corner he traded up for Tru. With the moves he has made in fa, getting a starting guard and two big dl, I believe he thinks we have a good enough group of potential right tackles to solidify the line, if Houston is game he will trade up to get our pass rusher, just my opinion

Not saying I agree or disagree but, i.dont think he changes his ways now

Edited by Southsacfalcon

Agree with the first part, disagree with the second.

Nobody seems to agree with it. lol

I find it kind of funny though. Why wouldn't Texas take him? They know just as much as everybody else does about his skill set. None of the QBs are worth it , to me at least. We'll see though. Just my opinion.

Nobody seems to agree with it. lol

I find it kind of funny though. Why wouldn't Texas take him? They know just as much as everybody else does about his skill set. None of the QBs are worth it , to me at least. We'll see though. Just my opinion.

I see it this way. If the Texans take Clowney, then they will be sub .500 in 2014. Their defense wasn't the problem. Adding him just gives them a better rotation, meanwhile their offense still sucks.

I see it this way. If the Texans take Clowney, then they will be sub .500 in 2014. Their defense wasn't the problem. Adding him just gives them a better rotation, meanwhile their offense still sucks.

I see it as wasting that most epic of picks on one of the many sub-par QBs this year. Just wait and grab one in the 2nd or maybe trade back up somehow. I just don't believe that anyone else is really worth the #1 no matter what the need.

I see it as wasting that most epic of picks on one of the many sub-par QBs this year. Just wait and grab one in the 2nd or maybe trade back up somehow. I just don't believe that anyone else is really worth the #1 no matter what the need.

You take the player that will have the biggest impact, on your team. That's what the whole debate has been on here for months, which is more important, offense or defense. If QB is your biggest need by far, and you feel that one of them can fill that need adequately, then that's the best move.

If Houston was sold on Clowney, they would just go ahead and say that he is their guy. They obviously have some doubts about him, or they would not be considering taking a QB or trading the pick.

I believe that QB was always the intention from early on, but after working him out, they feel now more conflicted about passing on him.

If Houston was sold on Clowney, they would just go ahead and say that he is their guy. They obviously have some doubts about him, or they would not be considering taking a QB or trading the pick.

All I think they're doing is playing the field. They know they're the ones in control and know that if all else fails they just take the "best player ever!!!! " (purple) and all is well. Right now it's all about seeing who wants him or the spot the most. Try and make as much off of it or him as they possibly can. It's pretty smart of them actually. I originally thought that there was no reason for them to be secretive being #1 but I get it now.

You take the player that will have the biggest impact, on your team. That's what the whole debate has been on here for months, which is more important, offense or defense. If QB is your biggest need by far, and you feel that one of them can fill that need adequately, then that's the best move.

I don't think so. None of these QBs stick out enough to make them that need where as the drop off from Clowney to the next player period is huge.

The dropoff after Clowney is near meaningless, since they don't need a DE.

I could be wrong, heck I probably am. It's just how I feel. What I would do for sure. Take a QB with that super high 2nd rounder and have all sorts of fun with Watt and Clowney. That 2nd round or even later QB could work just as well IMO.

I could be wrong, heck I probably am. It's just how I feel. What I would do for sure. Take a QB with that super high 2nd rounder and have all sorts of fun with Watt and Clowney. That 2nd round or even later QB could work just as well IMO.

Oh, I fully admit that I could be wrong too. I sure as **** don't have any insider information. I just see it as, taking what fits your needs most. There a lot fewer teams that have had success with late round QBs, than not. Guys like Brady and Wilson are the exception rather than the rule, and many of the teams that have even had that success, have had to manage it by heavily covering for their QB's limited skill set, in one way or another.

Oh, I fully admit that I could be wrong too. I sure as **** don't have any insider information. I just see it as, taking what fits your needs most. There a lot fewer teams that have had success with late round QBs, than not. Guys like Brady and Wilson are the exception rather than the rule, and many of the teams that have even had that success, have had to manage it by heavily covering for their QB's limited skill set, in one way or another.

It just shows how much I trust this QB class. I am not a fan of any of them. I like a few but not as NFL guys. I guess I feel I would be wasting the #1 pick if I went QB and if I am going to waste it then waste it good. Need or not spend it on the BPA.

( Stupid clouds , went outside to see the eclipse blood moon and its pitch black outside. Whole sky is one huge cloud. )