Nfl Insiders On The Falcons

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we cut him we lose out on the comp pick we'd possibly receive for letting him walk.

I didn't realize that. I had no dog in that debate anyway. Quite a few people seemed adamant we drop Quizz. Sounds like an amazingly stupid idea when you factor that in now.

Another thing, I heard a scout today say Bill Belichick once told him this is how it works, you draft traits not production.

What do you guys think of this?

In the early rounds this is less true. In the 3rd (or 4th) and later, it's definitely better to draft traits. A good all around guy is probably a backup in the 4th. Whereas a speedster at WR could be immediately useful in subpackages and may develop later. Same with a nickel backer. Receiving back.

Much better to get someone with one good trait you can use immediately in the midrounds...if they become a full fledged player, great. If not, you still get to milk that one skill.

I didn't realize that. I had no dog in that debate anyway. Quite a few people seemed adamant we drop Quizz. Sounds like an amazingly stupid idea when you factor that in now.

That's probably why we kept quite a few people like Osi, Biermann, Spoon, Quizz, ect. They're all FA's next year. We could possibly be loading up on comp picks next year

3rd-Tre Mason (might not be there) 4th-Seastrunk (praying he is there) 5th-De'Anthony Thomas (Only if we have addressed our pass rush, RT, and FS needs)

I personally believe traits vs production only applies to offense. No way am I gonna draft a 1st-3rd round defensive player on just traits. I need to know if that mofo can play or not. The Boston Hoodie Man hasnt really been known for his prolific defense anyway.

3rd-Tre Mason (might not be there) 4th-Seastrunk (praying he is there) 5th-De'Anthony Thomas (Only if we have addressed our pass rush, RT, and FS needs)

I personally believe traits vs production only applies to offense. No way am I gonna draft a 1st-3rd round defensive player on just traits. I need to know if that mofo can play or not. The Boston Hoodie Man hasnt really been known for his prolific defense anyway.

I think she's right.... Take your pick........

Terrance West, RB, Towson (PRO) (PRI) 3

Devonta Freeman, RB, Florida State (PRI) 3-4

J.C. Copeland, FB, LSU (PRI) 5-6

De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (PRI) 6

Storm Johnson, RB, Central Florida (PRI) 5

Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia (SR) 4

One of the insiders said what she was told we would draft a RB in the 4th or 5th round, possibly 3rd. She said we aren't concerned with S Jackson durability and liked what we seen at the end of the season from him. Said Quiz was in the last year of his deal and we will draft a RB.

With that said who do you guys like and want around rounds 3-5?

Steven Jackson always looks good at the end of a season, when there is nothing left to play for and no pressure to win.

We need a RB that is a dynamic presence on offense. I like Charles Simms, because he looks durable, has good hands, speed and just looks like he ready to hit the NFL. Simms looks like he has Lesean McCoy and Marshawn Lynch type of qualities.

Edited by 4dabirds

Steven Jackson always looks good at the end of a season, when there is nothing left to play for and no pressure to win.

We need a RB that is a dynamic presence on offense. I like Charles Simms, because he looks durable, has good hands, speed and just looks like he ready to hit the NFL. Simms looks like he has Lesean McCoy and Marshawn Lynch type of qualities.

Lynch and McCoy are two totally different types of backs.

Also, big backs like SJax are almost always more effective at the end of games and the end of seasons because everyone else is struggling with nicks and bruises and fatigue. And to quote the great Jimmy Johnson "Fatigue makes a coward of all men"

I think she's right.... Take your pick........

Terrance West, RB, Towson (PRO) (PRI) 3

Devonta Freeman, RB, Florida State (PRI) 3-4

J.C. Copeland, FB, LSU (PRI) 5-6

De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (PRI) 6

Storm Johnson, RB, Central Florida (PRI) 5

Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia (SR) 4

I would really like for us to get De'Anthony Thomas some where around the 5th round, honestly if he was there in the 4th Id probably pull the trigger on him since we have 2 4th round picks. I really like quizz but he's to slow to be a change of pace back. The definition of change of pace back should mean slow down the falcons when he comes in the game. lol (IMO)