Nfl Insiders On The Falcons

One of the insiders said what she was told we would draft a RB in the 4th or 5th round, possibly 3rd. She said we aren't concerned with S Jackson durability and liked what we seen at the end of the season from him. Said Quiz was in the last year of his deal and we will draft a RB.

With that said who do you guys like and want around rounds 3-5?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing, I heard a scout today say Bill Belichick once told him this is how it works, you draft traits not production.

What do you guys think of this?

I think Belichick is pretty overrated as a drafter. The guy certainly knows how to coach and gets the absolute most out of his players, but I still don't think his draft choices are the best.

Sounds like all this cut Quizz noise isnt needed. Just aren't gonna re-sign him. Excited about a new back though.

Yeah I'm ready for a new fresh exciting back. She did make it sound like Quizz wasn't coming back, but maybe reading into it to much. Could be brought back cheap possibly as a backup.

What kind of RB you want? A L McCoy type or a M Turner who can catch type?

Not in any real order but I like: Charles Sims, Bishop Sankey, Lache Seastrunk, Terrance West and I would also like Carlos Hyde and Tre Mason if they fell but I wouldn't take a RB until round 4 at the earliest.

I think the West guy could be a nice change of pace back to compliment SJax.

Devonta Freeman, Bishop Sankey. If we want a bruiser, go with Wilder from FSU in the fifth. Good in short yardage. Wildcard - Isaiah Crowell.

I like those. MM has Sankey number 1 on his list now over CH.

Not in any real order but I like: Charles Sims, Bishop Sankey, Lache Seastrunk, Terrance West and I would also like Carlos Hyde and Tre Mason if they fell but I wouldn't take a RB until round 4 at the earliest.

Im a fan of these guys also.

Yeah I'm ready for a new fresh exciting back. She did make it sound like Quizz wasn't coming back, but maybe reading into it to much. Could be brought back cheap possibly as a backup.

What kind of RB you want? A L McCoy type or a M Turner who can catch type?

I want a '08 Turner with hands. I love that power run game much more. That doesn't mean I don't want a shifty speedster on the team, just not as a feature back.

Another guy I like is the guy from Ga Southern. I think his name is Jerick McKinnon. I would be fine getting a guy like him with good speed in this draft and then adding another RB next year with a higher pick. Would allow us to have a solid 1-2 punch for a couple years. Smith is 28 and Vaughan is 27. Both have few miles on the tires but I don't see either getting a real chance.

Yeah that's what I prefer. Turner had speed and power to run you over. If only he could of been a better receiver.

Turner is exactly why I want Andre Williams. Can he catch? No. Neither could Turner, but when he was running at his best it was an automatic W. Pair him with a capable receiver out of the backfield and we're set. Sure, we show the defense what we're doing depending on the back, but with a great offensive line it doesn't matter. If Williams is in the game they'll expect run, but it's not like we don't still have Roddy and Julio that they can do much about if we pass.