Nfc Exec: 'spoiled' Clowney 'never Worked Hard A Day In His Life'

red2play

"He's never worked hard a day in his life, now all of a sudden you're going to give him a bunch of money and expect him to work hard. I don't see it," he said, per the report.

“Oh, he’s going to be a high pick,’’ the personnel man said. “Some team will fall in love with him. But wait and see, just wait and see. I just don’t think you can count on him. I’m betting the under on him.’’

http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2014/04/eckel_defensive_linemen_draft.html

Jadeveon Clowney work ethic 'OK,' per Steve Spurrier

Hodge said Clowney would be HEARTBREAK all written over him.

How many more experts do we need to say the same things before people will start listening?

well the thing is the dude has got a lot of talent, projected to go #1 over all but people are saying he has no work ethic, gives up on plays, which could make him fall a few spots so then all of a sudden u got a guy with this much athletic ability and this much talent coming into the league and all of the sudden he has a chip on his shoulder. Clowney with a fueled fire is about as dangerous of a player u can draft imo.

He worked hard enough to get a fullbride to a SEC school. He is a freak athletically. As a freshmen and sophomore, he was rated the top player in college, period. Now, having said all that, you can never know a mans heart truly. A man who is committed, shows it on every down. Did Clowney? I cannot answer that.

You can not make it anywhere successful in life with a WEAK work ethic. I'm not saying he has the best but Its time to end this madness. People think it's luck that people reach a certain level: get the #%#% out my face with that BS. Just by showin up to practice everyday and the weight room proves he is somewhat dedicated. ijs

Guest King Jigsaw

Same article that's been argued about all day. Everyone tries to play Schefter and post sh*t without checking to see if it's not already been posted.

It amazes me how many fans will casually dismiss this exceptionally alarming red flag on Clowney. Being lazy is a red flag of EPIC proportion if you are in the top 10 of the draft. No fan really knows what is going to happen when Clowney gets that check.

Yet, the lazy issue just gets dismissed and then we hear about how talented he is. Every player in the NFL is talented. The stud players are the hardest workers such as with Tony Gonzelaz, not the lazy exceptionally talented ones like Aundrey Bruce.

Guest King Jigsaw

The same Tony Gonzalez that would only come back if we allowed him to skip OTAs and training camp because 'he didn't need it'?

His Pro Day showed how in shape and impressive he was. He's clearly been working hard and has showed what he's capable of. Stop bashing the kid and realize he's done all he needs to do and has nothing left to gain.

The same Tony Gonzalez that would only come back if we allowed him to skip OTAs and training camp because 'he didn't need it'?

Any suggestion that Tony Gonzalez was lazy is as ignorant of a suggestion as has ever been made on this message board.

Guest King Jigsaw

Any suggestion that Tony Gonzalez was lazy is as ignorant of a suggestion as has ever been made on this message board.

Not necessarily lazy, but there was an heir of entitlement displayed that rubbed some people the wrong way. At the time I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but it was clear that at the start of the season he wasn't nearly in football shape and it took him a while to recover from it.

well the thing is the dude has got a lot of talent, projected to go #1 over all but people are saying he has no work ethic, gives up on plays, which could make him fall a few spots so then all of a sudden u got a guy with this much athletic ability and this much talent coming into the league and all of the sudden he has a chip on his shoulder. Clowney with a fueled fire is about as dangerous of a player u can draft imo.

Or he could be a monumental bust and fall flat on his clown face.

It amazes me how many fans will casually dismiss this exceptionally alarming red flag on Clowney. Being lazy is a red flag of EPIC proportion if you are in the top 10 of the draft. No fan really knows what is going to happen when Clowney gets that check.

Yet, the lazy issue just gets dismissed and then we hear about how talented he is. Every player in the NFL is talented. The stud players are the hardest workers such as with Tony Gonzelaz, not the lazy exceptionally talented ones like Aundrey Bruce.

Didn't look too lazy his sophomore year.