Off Topic Question For Atl Fans ....

As long as Freddie and Justin can continue to do what they've been doing then I seriously think this Braves team could make a nice run in October. Our rotation has been surprisingly nice and the 2 newly acquired vets, Harang and Santana, have exceeded expectations thus far IMO. We also have arguably the best bullpen in the MLB and that's important. Heyward really needs to pick it up, BJ is looking better, and when Uggla isn't completely sucking he's actually doing a nice job swinging the bat.

We're a good team, that's for sure. We have a nice catcher trio too; Gattis is great, Laird plays stout defense, and Doumit gives us nice veteran depth to rotate in or pinch hit. Not to mention, we'll soon have some pitchers come back from the DL.

Like I said, if Freddie and Justin can carry this team and continue to produce then they've got a great supporting cast behind them.

Barring another rash of major injuries they'll probably make the postseason. How deep they go is going to lean largely on how hot the hitting is going in to October. It was a bit lukewarm going into the Dodgers series last year.

How deep they go is going to lean largely on how hot the hitting is going in to October. It was a bit lukewarm going into the Dodgers series last year.

Same comment as the last post...this sounds like a euphemism for some kind of creepy sex act. I'm pretty sure that baseball jargon is ripe for euphemisms. "He poled one long and deep." "Line drive to the midfield."

We saw the Braves go through stretches of this last year. When our offense is on like it has been lately, we are unbeatable, especially at home. But we also go through droughts, that's expected with our lineup. We rely a lot on home runs, and when we are not hitting home runs we struggle to score other ways. The key is for BJ, Uggla, Heyward, and Justin to stay consistent all year and not go through hot/cold stretches like they are known for. But the Braves are known for great regular seasons, and flopping in the playoffs, because our offense can be too inconsistent and strikeout too much, and we have no true ace. So we will see how it goes, good start to the year, but I don't want to get my hopes up because of a great regular season just to see them lose in the first round of the playoffs like another team we like.