Wtf Aldon Smith?

Bob Ðigital

Gives new meaning to the term... "explosive pass rusher". ph34r.png

http://espn.go.com/n...port?src=mobile

Los Angeles police detained San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith at Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday afternoon after he indicated he was in possession of a bomb.

The police did not identify the man they detained as Smith, but 49ers general manager Trent Baalke issued a statement that confirmed it, saying: "We are disappointed to learn of the incident today involving Aldon Smith. As this is a pending legal matter and we are still gathering the pertinent facts, we will have no further comment."

grant_g_smitha_288x162.jpg

Jed Jacobsohn/Getty ImagesTroubled 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was detainedat Los Angeles International Airport.

According to Los Angeles police public information officer Karla Ortiz, the incident happened as the man later identified as Smith was going through Terminal 1 screening and was randomly selected for secondary screening.

Smith then became belligerent and uncooperative with the process and with the TSA agent, making a comment indicating that he was in possession of a bomb before proceeding toward the gate area, according to Ortiz.

Los Angeles Airport Police made contact with him at the gate and he then became uncooperative again and was detained and taken into custody by Airport Police.

Many people on the scene, including former Marine veteran Clayton Mullaly, captured the incident on video.

This incident is Smith's latest run-in with the law.

In November, Smith pleaded not guilty to three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon, stemming from an incident at a party at his home in 2012.

Smith also missed five games this past season while spending time in an alcohol treatment center. He entered treatment voluntarily three days after he was arrested for drunk driving for the second time since early 2012.

Despite the five-game absence, Smith finished with 12 sacks and 34 tackles over the course of the Niners' season, which ended in a NFC Championship Game loss to division rival Seattle.

Smith, 24, is facing charges for both the arrest for the incident at his home and the September arrest for drunk driving. This latest incident could trigger league discipline. The NFL did not suspended Smith after the September arrest. In October, commissioner Roger Goodell said the fact that Smith voluntarily sought treatment could play a role in him not getting a suspension.

Information from ESPN.com's 49ers reporter Bill Williamson and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Edited by Bob Ðigital

You know... I would have literally given my left testicle to play safety in the NFL. Like many of you guys, I have seen strange things happen in the freakshow we call life. But sometimes I just can't wrap my head around things people do, or the decisions they make. I'm really not sure how to process this event.

Guest Negatorris

Smart thing to do is release him...causing the team problems.

Then get ready for the onslaught of TATF threads about how we should sign him.

You know... I would have literally given my left testicle to play safety in the NFL. Like many of you guys, I have seen strange things happen in the freakshow we call life. But sometimes I just can't wrap my head around things people do, or the decisions they make. I'm really not sure how to process this event.

Amen. These guys just dont get it.

I have a feeling this is how it went down:

TSA agent: Sir, you've been selected for secondary security to check.

Aldon Smith: c'mon give me a break.. you think I gotta bomb in there?!

TSA agent: what?! you gotta a bomb in there!! Arrest him!!!!!

I doubt anyone would deliberately say he's got a bomb not even joking. But when you're given power and you hate the person in front of you, nothing's gonna stop you from using it against them.. Something's very fishy about this story!!

I doubt anyone would deliberately say he's got a bomb not even joking. But when you're given power and you hate the person in front of you, nothing's gonna stop you from using it against them.. Something's very fishy about this story!!

Why would LAX security hate him? He plays for the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers... I don't get what's fishy.

a friend of mine said the Aldon said, " i am a bomb". My friend could have heard something false but if that's why he got arrested then that is funny