I'm Fine With (Almost) Whatever We Do In The 1St

k-train

I really can't find a player/scenario who will be available with our 1st rounder in this draft that stands out so much more to me than any other.

Clowney - Ok, but if it's a trade up to #1 or #2, I just hope it doesn't cost too much

Mack or Barr - Sure, fills a need so why not?

Robinson or Matthews - Again, fills a need, so why not?

Watkins - Not preferred by any stretch, but if everyone else above is somehow gone, he'd clearly be the BPA & we could actually live with letting Roddy walk after this season.

Trade down - there will likely be a number of solid players available at positions of need a few picks after ours. Trading down a few spots & taking someone like Lewan, Pryor, Dix, Ebron, etc. while also gaining say an additional 2nd rounder wouldn't be so awful.

Outside of taking a QB, HB, FB, OG, C, SS, CB, K, or P, this seems like a hard situation to screw up. We are bound to come away with an extremely solid player at a position of need, no matter what.

Taking Ebron would be awful. Taking Sammy wouldn't be awful but wouldn't help at all right now

Ebron would be very, very, very far down on my list of scenarios I could live with... but if we dropped back say 10 spots or so & all those others were long gone, I could handle it. Especially if we added another late 1st, or another 2nd & 3rd... something like that.

Guest King Jigsaw

How is picking the top TE (a position of need) "awful" but picking the top WR (not a need) wouldn't be that bad? I don't understand.

The second you said "let Roddy walk after this season" I quit reading

Well, I'm not saying we should or would let him walk, just saying in that particular entirely hypothetical situation it could be an option.

I love Roddy to death & he still has a few solid years left, but face it... he ain't getting any younger. Also, while his next deal might be more cap friendly than it is currently, it'll still be a decent sized amount of coin. A young guy on a rookie contract to pair with Julio's inevitable monster contract seems like it has the ability to be the better way to go moving forward is all I'm saying.

Again, this is entirely hypothetical, and probably one of the least likely scenarios I mentioned. Just pointing out how I could wrap my head around it.

Guest King Jigsaw

cause I don't think Ebron is that good. And Sammy will be a great player in the NFL. That's how. Not hard to understand imo

Forgot you were the pinnacle of credibility. My bad.

Well, I'm not saying we should or would let him walk, just saying in that particular entirely hypothetical situation it could be an option.

I love Roddy to death & he still has a few solid years left, but face it... he ain't getting any younger. Also, while his next deal might be more cap friendly than it is currently, it'll still be a decent sized amount of coin. A young guy on a rookie contract to pair with Julio's inevitable monster contract seems like it has the ability to be the better way to go moving forward is all I'm saying.

Again, this is entirely hypothetical, and probably one of the least likely scenarios I mentioned. Just pointing out how I could wrap my head around it.

If anybody deserves to reitre a Falcon it is Roddy

If anybody deserves to reitre a Falcon it is Roddy

Sure he does, but didn't Joe Montana "deserve" to retire a 49er? Did it happen? Did Unitas deserve to retire a Colt? Did it happen? Did Favre deserve to retire a Packer? Did it happen? Tony Gonzalez deserve to retire a Chief? Did it happen? Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

Yes, what Roddy has contributed to this team is great. Best WR we've ever had in my mind. However, this is still a business. Gotta win & try to keep winning. It's about what you can do & what you are going to do far more than what you did. Just the cold, hard reality of it.

I am in the same boat. It will be hard to miss at 6. We can debate the merit of the position drafted, but I think we will all ultimately be pleased with the production of the player drafted. Well, on the other hand, some will only look at the 6 we didn't draft and report on them daily. To each their own.

Guest King Jigsaw

what does that have to do with one's opinion? I swear some of you say the dumbest things

Team Needs are by and large fact based. TE is a need and WR is not. Your answer to counter this? "I don't think he's very good." So it would seem you are the leader of this dumbspeak clan.

Team Needs are by and large fact based. TE is a need and WR is not. Your answer to counter this? "I don't think he's very good." So it would seem you are the leader of this dumbspeak clan.

if you are going to quote someone junior at least learn how to read and do it correctly. I said "I dont think Ebron is that good" the word very never appeared in my sentence. And TE is something we can get later. And I even said Sammy wouldn't help right now but I would take him over a player that isn't good like Ebron. Reading comprehension really isn't that hard

Yeah we are in a great spot at six....but we paid the price with last years season. Monstrosity but it reminded me of how long I have been a fan and alot of bad seasons we have been lucky to have such a great run with this era. We had alot of close games and losses last year with our injury bug looming. Other than the seahawks game and maybe one or two others we were still competetive but couldnt come away with W's. I am really excited this year with the fa moves and a great position on draft day. Our biggest issue may actually be turnover even at the coaches position and how well we can gel. I am not worried about the draft in the least I think we will come away great.

Yeah we are in a great spot at six....but we paid the price with last years season. Monstrosity but it reminded me of how long I have been a fan and alot of bad seasons we have been lucky to have such a great run with this era. We had alot of close games and losses last year with our injury bug looming. Other than the seahawks game and maybe one or two others we were still competetive but couldnt come away with W's. I am really excited this year with the fa moves and a great position on draft day. Our biggest issue may actually be turnover even at the coaches position and how well we can gel. I am not worried about the draft in the least I think we will come away great.

It sucked getting through last season, but it's in the rear view now. Honestly, I think there was a bit of a blessing to it. It helped to point out the spots we need to address & allowed some young guys to get some very valuable real game time experience. That could potentially help with our depth big time.

It sucked getting through last season, but it's in the rear view now. Honestly, I think there was a bit of a blessing to it. It helped to point out the spots we need to address & allowed some young guys to get some very valuable real game time experience. That could potentially help with our depth big time.

great point. It will make cuts hard, especially with the new coaches on the staff looking at new things. Could be great for competition for the rookies coming in as well.

This. If this FO ever let's Roddy walk then I may never support this team again.

Roddy retires a falcon.

Wow, I will always support the Falcons. Till death. I don't have a tattoo on my body, but The Falcons, Braves, and Hawks would be some tats that I would never regret. Atlanta sports teams to the grave for me.

There are some things that would make me super pizzed and I might talk like I won't ever support the team again, but that will never actually happen. It's just butthurt speak to vent.

I'm a fan of the logo not individual players. Kinda like Gritz.