Brandon Graham Reportedly On Eagles' Trade Block

XXVIII-III

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000341109/article/brandon-graham-reportedly-on-eagles-trade-block

On Friday's edition of the "Around The League Podcast," Gregg Rosenthal compared the Philadelphia Eagles' Dion Jordan trade inquiry to a fantasy football owner wildly throwing out offers to see what sticks.

Overshadowed in the Eagles' pursuit of Jordan is the news that 2010 first-round pick Brandon Graham has fallen out of favor under the Chip Kelly regime.

The team's offer to the Dolphins reportedly was composed of Graham and a second-round draft pick.

Philadelphia Magazine's Tim McManus confirms the Eagles are "open to moving" Graham for the right price.

Originally drafted as a 4-3 defensive end, Graham is a poor fit for Billy Davis' 3-4 defense.

Finally healthy after battling early-career injuries, Graham showed signs of life as a disruptive pass rusher in 2012 only to be relegated to 27 percent of the defensive snaps under Kelly and Davis last season.

If the Eagles are willing to package Graham with the No. 22 overall pick, the Jordan talks could be revisited. If not, the team would have to settle for a mid-to-late round draft pick in exchange for the walk-year player.

i never understand why people want to trade valuable draft picks for players that their current teams(who know them best) - want to throw them away.

like PG said, No thanks!

He was drafted when they ran a 4-3. They run a 3-4 now. He doesn't fit. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that. Having said that, I don't want him.

He was drafted when they ran a 4-3. They run a 3-4 now. He doesn't fit. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that. Having said that, I don't want him.

the point is - he was not ever good in the NFL. I remember when he came out in the 2010 draft - same year as 'Spoon. Brandon Graham was the messageboard darling pick that year but Eagles jumped us and took him. I kind of liked him as well but Graham was kind of a weird prospect in that he was undersized(length) for a defensive end and he was undersized(weight) for a defensive tackle - classic 'tweener. Brandon Graham has been in the NFL for 4 years - he likely won't have a magical break-out year in the 5th year. If he gets cut, then sign him - but don't trade a pick for the guy - the chances that he will develop are small. It would be like trading for Carimi - you just don't do it. Graham is worth a "look-see" if he costs nothing.

the point is - he was not ever good in the NFL. I remember when he came out in the 2010 draft - same year as 'Spoon. Brandon Graham was the messageboard darling pick that year but Eagles jumped us and took him. I kind of liked him as well but Graham was kind of a weird prospect in that he was undersized(length) for a defensive end and he was undersized(weight) for a defensive tackle - classic 'tweener. Brandon Graham has been in the NFL for 4 years - he likely won't have a magical break-out year in the 5th year. If he gets cut, then sign him - but don't trade a pick for the guy - the chances that he will develop are small. It would be like trading for Carimi - you just don't do it. Graham is worth a "look-see" if he costs nothing.

Dont' know why people constantly say this. Dude was the most effective pass rusher on the Eagles in 2012. Once the Eagles released Babin and Graham got more snaps he had 4 sacks in the last 5 games of the season.

Last year while playing only 27% of the offensive snaps as an OLB he still had 3 sacks. If he is traded/released to a 4-3 team and is a starter i promise you he is going to put up solid numbers.

Having said all that, i highly doubt we would trade a mid round pick for him unless we release Osi which i don't see happening either.

i never understand why people want to trade valuable draft picks for players that their current teams(who know them best) - want to throw them away.

like PG said, No thanks!

Because he has flashed his ability in a real NFL game.

Despite only logging 40% of the Eagles snaps in 2012 he tallied 40 tackles, 6 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.

He has a cheap contract and is still just 26 years old. We are all pumped about Mass' potential yet they are the same age....

Other NFL teams aren't flawless in talent assessment or how to utilize talent. It is how the Bills picked up Jerry Hughes for peanuts.