Mike Evans May Give Us Potential To Trade Back

I have read a few pieces of literature that stated the Bucs would be interested in Mike Evans. And they select right after us. If Evans is still on the board when we are up I would not be surprised to see a team wanting to trade up and take him before the Buccaneers.

My preferred case scenario would be to trade back even if we have to take less compensation for it. 2nd and 3rd round has a ton of solid guys. And we can get my boy Donald as long as we don't go too far back biggrin.png There are a few suitors for Mike Evans.

Bills at #9 are linked to Evans. They themselves have a young QB and a not so great WR corp.

Lions at #10 have been strongly linked to Evans.

Giants at #12 lost Nicks and have no TE. They need a big target for Manning like they had with Plaxico

Rams at #13 if they get Clowney at 2 or an OT or Mack they may want to be certain they can land Evans. I doubt it, but its possible if they really like him.

Steelers at #15 have also been strongly linked to him. Some say they may go Odel Beckham, but he doesn't have near the size that Evans has and they have no WR's with any size.

I hope that from now until the draft there is more talk about the Buccaneers liking Evans more and more. And i think its likely because McCown had two huge WR's in Chicago and had great success with them so Lovie Smith may want to get him those same type of weapons.

Edited by Clark Kent™

Guest King Jigsaw

I got shredded for saying that we would trade back with a team trying to jump over TB for a receiver like Evans because this draft is 'too deep at receiver to warrant trading up for one'. I'll see if I can find that mock..

They have plenty of number 2 receivers on Browns

Nate Burelson

Greg Litttle

Andrew Hawkins

None of those guys are number 2s. They are nice role players though and already forgot they added Burelson and Hawkins.

Little has been a disappointment and Burelson won't be there more than a year or 2. Hawkins is more a slot receiver and deep threat.

They don't need Watkins or Evans right now with those guys, but will in a year or 2. So they may take one.

None of those guys are number 2s. They are nice role players though and already forgot they added Burelson and Hawkins.

Little has been a disappointment and Burelson won't be there more than a year or 2. Hawkins is more a slot receiver and deep threat.

They don't need Watkins or Evans right now with those guys, but will in a year or 2. So they may take one.

Little?

No!?... not the guy we could've had instead of Julio?? A disappointment?

Say it isn't so...

I got shredded for saying that we would trade back with a team trying to jump over TB for a receiver like Evans because this draft is 'too deep at receiver to warrant trading up for one'. I'll see if I can find that mock..

Well there is definitely a case to be made for that. If i was a team i wouldn't move up from a late teen or something up to 6 for Evans, but a Giants or Lions trade up would be worth it. Evans is a rare talent. Not many 6'5 WRs who can run like him and have his ball skills and had his production. I like him more than Watkins.

Not only do i want us to trade back for the extra picks, but i also dont want to face Evans in the NFC South 2x a year.

I really don't see much aside from size. I know that you can't teach size and all that, but is he really any better than Lee?

Well its not like its just size. Its SIZE. Dude is 6'5 with very long arms and also ran a 4.5 40 and also has good ball skills. I would think a team like the Giants would jump all over him because they had so much success with a big guy like Plaxico Burress and they need another WR opposite Cruz.

I see Evans as a guy that some team will eventually settle on, but not a guy anyone trades up for. He's a low end #1 WR better suited to being a #2 WR. People are mocking him to TB because he makes sense, which I disagree with. I don't think he pairs well with Jackson. I actually think Ebron makes more sense for TB then Evans. It'd just be a bit of a stretch at 7.

I doubt it would be the Giants. Their top dogs (as well as the Bills) in the personnel dept. were here in Chapel HIll scouting Ebron HARD on multiple occasions over the past several months. I think they'd much rather keep their picks, stay put, and draft Ebron at #12 than trade up for Evans.

The other thing is what can ATL reasonably expect out of trade with a team a few spots back. Assuming that team is targeting Evans. I can't see a team like NYG/DET giving up this years 2nd and honestly I don't see them giving up this years 3rd either. Not with how deep this draft is with talent all together and at WR. Maybe a team like Pitt would jump up for this years 1st and 3rd, but I don't think that works for ATL. Once Clowney is off the board I think the value of early first plummets this year. Outside of Clowney (who may be a bust) the players from 2-28/29 are all similarly talented. I don't think there are a ton of trades in the top 10 picks. Maybe not a single one. I think the movement up comes in the 14-17, 27-32 picks.

He won't have as much time to get separation as he did when Manziel was scrambling everywhere.

Which is part of the reason why I said a team will settle on him. He isn't an elite talent. Outside of some character issues he has a limited ceiling but high floor. He's a safe pick for a team that needs some WR help.

Just cause the Falcons were once dumb enough to trade draft picks for a wr doesn't mean every team is going to do it . There are some teams that make sense for them to trade draft picks for a wr

NYJ

St Louis Rams

Carolina Panthers

You mean like The Rams did with Austin, The Seahawks did for Harvin, Bills for mike Williams, Cowboys for Roy Williams, Dolphins for Brandon Marshall.... then the Bears for Brandon Marshall..... Pats for Wes Welker and Randy Moss..................

Yeah clearly the falcons are the only team to be dumb enough to trade for wide receivers......