Atl Gm's 32 Team Mock Draft 4.0 ( 26 Days And Counting)

atlGM

1. Texans- Blake Bortles QB

I think one of the reasons Bill Obrien came to Houston was opportunity to take his own signal caller. Bortles physic and above average arm strength gives him the edge among the other potential top QB's

2. *trade* Cleveland- Jonny Manzel QB

I think there will be some calls here for teams trying to trade up for clowney but nobody has the ammunition Cleveland has to offer. Being the gm for the Browns doesn't afford you much job security so banking on a 2nd round QB talent isn't much of an option IMO.

3. Jaguars- Teddy Bridgewater QB

Jacksonsville began the offseason by releasing their former first round QB then they went heavy on the defensive side of the ball in free agency. Their current offer for to Alex Mack tells me they want to try and fortify their o line giving the new guy behind center a chance to succeed.

4. Rams- Jadaveon Clowney DE

This pick may come as a suprise to most but the rams are in good position to take the bpa and heres why:

1. Although it can be argued the rams greatest needs are safety, RT, and cornerback this draft is loaded with O line talent projected to go in the top 50 and their aren't any safeties or corners deserving a top 5 selection

2. Trading back with the Browns acquiring another first round selection gives them the option to address their other pressing needs later in the draft.

3. Adding clowney to a line that already has a 19 sack guy just reeks domination. 3rd downs will almost automatically result in a punt.

5. Raiders- Sammy Watkins WR

As of now Matt Schaub's best option on offense is to hand off the ball to MJD or DMC. Adding Watkins will give the Raiders a chance to actually compete In the afc west

6. Falcons- Khalil Mack OLB

The Falcons 4-12 season will not pass in vain with the sixth selection in this yeas draft. Enter Khalil Mack. The falcons say they wanna go multiple and add a pass rusher who compares to all pro talents such as von miller and clay matthews.Their is also a strong need for o line help but there should a significant amount of talent available in the secind round.

7. Bucs- Greg Robinson OT

Talk about being in a tough spot. This pick will depend solely on how much the bucs like Bridgewater. I think Lovie rolls the dice and decides to improve his run game and postpones a quaterback selection for now at least

8. *trade* Giants- Mike Evans WR

The giants don't wanna take a chance of Evans being scooped up before their selection and trade up to give Eli legitimate threat on the outside.

9. Buffalo- Jake Matthews OT

Cordy glenn panned out for the bills at left tackle last year but is probably a pro bowler playing on the right side. Adding Matthews will go a long way in EJ Manuals progression.

10. Lions- Justin gilbert CB

The lions have talent at soo many spots on their roster. This year they finally add a cornerback to help against the bears and packers big wideouts.

11. Titans- Anthony barr OLB

Coach Whisenhent came out and dispelled the notion of a RB or CB being selected in the first which leaves me to believe they may take a risk on an athlete like Anthony Barr to cornerstone their newly installed 3-4 defense

12. Vikings- CJ Mosley LB

Minnesota let Erin Henderson go and need a rangy linebacker like mosley to solidify the middle of their defense.

13. Rams- Calvin Pryor S

I think the combine helped push pryor into the #1 safety spot. He is a little more physical than Dix and has just as much range. The Rams had the 19th ranked pass defense and would love Pryor here

14. Bears- Aaron Donald DT

Adding Donald here will give the bears a line to be feared by the rest of the division

15. Steelers- Darqueze Dennard CB

Previously I had louis nix slated here. The steelers went out and free agency signed NT cam thomas so they will probably being looking for the next best value

16- Cowboys- Kony Ealy DE

You don't cut a guy like Damarcus Ware without having a good idea of who you want his replacement to be

17- Ravens- Zach Martin OT/OG

The Ravens had no problem letting Oher walk I think they've been eyeing the draft as a viable avenue to replace him since the season ended. Taylor Lewan will definitely be considered here but I think the ravens like what Martin offers in the run game

18- Jets- Marquise Lee WR

The addition of decker was definitely needed but they shouldn't stop there. Lee may not be as exploisive as watkins be he is a playmaker and well worth the 18th selection

19- Dolphins- Xavier Su'a Filo OG

After the Incognito Martin ordeal offensive line has to be lock for the dolphins. If it wasn't for taylor lewans off the field issues i think he would be the pick here.

20- Cardinals- Eric Ebron TE

Adding an athletic TE like ebron may give arizona one of the most potent offenses in the league defenses won't be able to key on any one guy

21- Packers- Ha Ha Clinton Dix FS

Resigning Shields was a smart move for the pack. They also fortified their front seven signing peppers. On offense with Owen Daniels being in the mix at TE Safety should be their top need in the draft

22- Eagles- Dee Ford OLB

The eagles added Malcom Jenkins to man the free safety spot and everybody knows a pass rush can be a secondaries best friend

23- Chiefs- Brandin Cooks WR

Early in the off-season I thought adding a receiving option made sense for the chiefs and I'm starting to come back around to that train of thought. Although it may be a toss up on who the chiefs consider a valid option, I think andy Reid sees a bit of desean jackson in cooks game.

24- Bengals- Kyle fuller CB

Lion Hall is coming off his second acl tear in three seasons and terrance newman is turning 36 I don't think the bengals can afford to pass on a corner.

25- Chargers- Bradley Roby CB

It was obvious in their playoff loss that their secondary was outmatched. Adding another corner is a no brainer here Roby offers a little more size in a matchup against Demaryious Thomas

26- Rams- Taylor lewan OT

Nabbing Lewan at 26 will make snead look like a genius in st. Louis.

27- Saints- Jason Verret CB

Adding a vet like champ will prove to be a solid move for the aint's but he will need a successor and verret's potential is too good to pass on

28- Panthers- Joel Bitonio OT

I'm not sure what the panthers were thinking letting go of steve smith but the loss of jordan gross has to have made LT their first priority in the draft

29- Patriots- Jace Amaro TE

It seems too easy for the Pats sometimes

30- 49ers- Marcus Martin C

A team like the 9ers is hard to mock because they are complete as any team out there. They could use a speed receiver to open things up down the field but with Johnathan Goodwin hitting 35 I think it's time to find his incumbent.

31- Broncos- David Yankey OG

The broncos were dominated at the line of scrimmage in the Super Bowl. Afterwards they lost Zanse Beadles in free agency leaving a huge hole at the guard position.

32- Seahawks- Timmy Jernigan DT

The hawks lost both McDonald and Bryant in free agency adding a DT has to be first on their list in draft.

33. Texans- Austin Seferian Jenkins TE

34. Skins- Morgan Moses OT

35. Cleveland- Odell Beckham Jr. WR

36. Raiders- Rasheed Hageman DT

37. Falcons- Cyrus Kouandijo OT

38. Bucs- Allen Robinson WR

39. Jags- Weston Richburg C

40. Vikings- David Carr QB

41. Bills- Jimmie Ward FS

42. Lions- Scott Crichton DE

43. Titans- Marcus Robinson CB

44. Giants- Louis Nix III DT

45. Rams- Keith Mcgill CB

46. Bears- Ego Ferguson DT

47. Steelers- Jordan Matthews WR

48. Cowbows- Stephon Tuitt DT

49. Ravens- Carlos Hyde RB

50. Jets- Jeremiah Attaochu OLB

51. Dolphins- Juwaun James OT

52. Cardinals- Jimmy Garoppolo QB

53. Packers- Chris Borland ILB

54. Eagles- Martavis Bryant WR

55. Chiefs- Gabe Jackson OG

56. Bengals- Ryan Shazier OLB

57. Chargers- Daquan Jones NT

58. Colts- Devonte Adams WR

59. Saints- Travis Swanson C

60. Panthers- Kelvin Benjamin WR

61. Patriots- Dakota Dozier OG

62. 49ers- Paul Richardson WR

63. Broncos- Kyle Van Noy OLB

64. Seahawks- Donte Moncrief WR

65. Houston- Billy Turner OT

66. Washington- Yawin Smallwood ILB

67. Oakland- Cyril Richardson OG

68. Atlanta- Deone Bucannon FS

69. Tampa Bay- Aaron Murrey QB

70. Jaguars- Tre Mason RB

71. Cleveland- Phillip Gaines CB

72. Vikings- Pierre Desir CB

73. Buffalo- Troy Niklas TE

74. Vikings- Marcus Smith DE

75. Rams- Andre Williams RB

76. Lions- Cody Latimer WR

77. 9'ers- Trent Murphy DE/OLB

78. Cowbows- Lamarcus Joyner S/CB

79. Ravens- Carl Bradford OLB/DE

80. Jets- Rashaud Breeland CB

81. Dolphins- Justin Ellis DT

82. Bears- Stanley Jean Baptiste CB

83. Browns- Antonio Richardson OT

84. Cardinals- Trevor Reilly OLB

85. Packers- CJ Fiedorowicz TE

86. Eagles- Telvin Smith LB/SS

87. Chiefs- Kereem Martin DE

88. Bengals- Bruce Ellington WR

89. Chargers- Robert Herron WR

90. Colts- Ed Reynolds S

91. Saints- Christian Jones LB

92. Panthers- Devin Street WR

93. Patriots- Kelcy Quarles DT

94. 9'ers- Jordan Zumwalt LB

95. Broncos- Jarred Abbrederis WR

96. Seahawks- Will Sutton DT

Edited by atlGM

31- Broncos- David Yankey OG

The Broncos are all in for 2014, replacing Decker with a more athletic Beckham may actually be an upgrade

what?

33. Texans- Austin Seferian Jenkins TE

Garrett Graham is their now sole #1 who can do it all. Why would they grab another TE? They're don't run a lot of 2TE sets even when they had daniels.

59. Saints- Travis Swanson C

They need WR help (outside of colston and stills, everything is a crapshoot AND colston doesn't get younger for them) and you left a late 1st round prospect in front of their face to pass on? They're going with Benjamin if he slips that far, they could get a Swanson caliber C in the 3rd.

63. Broncos- Kyle Van Noy OLB

99.9% not likely to fall that far, same as Benjamin.

preciate it even when I proof read my right ups I miss some errors lol.

As far as Van Noy and Benjamin falling I think its very possible.

I would say Van Noy is supremely hyped in this boad for one mainly because the falcons have a need for a pass rusher. But even so when it comes down to straight prospect for prospect comparison I have him ranked behind attaochu and shazier and I don't really see a fit for him before denvers pick and I felt like I was reaching there a bit.

Kelvin Benjamin has all the physical characteristics of a big time receiver but the more I look into him I see guy resembling a former draft bust, USC's Mike Williams.

The recent reports raising flags about his work ethic combined with his poor combine performance will scare many teams away I believe.

Edited by atlGM

Why is three QBs unlikely to three teams that need QBs?

Why do these teams have work outs with QBs if they don't intend on drafting them?

Bortles coming off at #1 cause a free for all for Carr, Manziel and Bridgewater. I don't believe that there are any other sure fire starters in this draft. And for the teams in need of one, how do you pass one up?

Why is three QBs unlikely to three teams that need QBs?

Why do these teams have work outs with QBs if they don't intend on drafting them?

Bortles coming off at #1 cause a free for all for Carr, Manziel and Bridgewater. I don't believe that there are any other sure fire starters in this draft. And for the teams in need of one, how do you pass one up?

yea I'm not sure why its so far out of the realm of possibility. But hey its just my opinion. I tried to explain my reasoning behind every first round selection. until something something concrete comes out showing that the jags wanna go in another direction I think three in the top 5 is a lock.

This mock has more holes in it than 10 yr old underwear. 3 consecutive QBs to start out the draft is a lil far-fetched. No way the Falcons are taking Cyrus Kouandijo. And even if they did, it's not happening at 37. The guy has the knees of a 10 yr veteran. Not happening. TD is too smart for that.

dr. Andrews came out weeks ago and dispelled any notion that kouandijo had need problems. So I doubt he or any of the top 8 to 9 tackles last to our third round selection.

Rams have Quinn and Long. They don't need Clowney, they would need a WR or some O-line help.

I thought I kinda explained why they are in position to go bpa. They just signed kenny britt and currently have 4 quality receivers on their roster so a Watkins selection would be the equivalent of a clowney selection. And I have them trading down acquiring an additional 1st rounder from the browns so they would have 3 more chances in the top 50 picks to draft a RT.

I thought I kinda explained why they are in position to go bpa. They just signed kenny britt and currently have 4 quality receivers on their roster so a Watkins selection would be the equivalent of a clowney selection. And I have them trading down acquiring an additional 1st rounder from the browns so they would have 3 more chances in the top 50 picks to draft a RT.

Kenny Britt isn't a good player(he is Percy Harvin 20x worse), and Austin wasn't as explosive as he was intended to be. Watkins would be a better option for them than having to shuffle their already solid D-line.

If I had a dollar for every mock draft that sucked, I could pay the bounties for our weak dline this season

some people are just natural born haters I guess.

Kenny Britt isn't a good player(he is Percy Harvin 20x worse), and Austin wasn't as explosive as he was intended to be. Watkins would be a better option for them than having to shuffle their already solid D-line.

I guess it is just a matter of opinion. I don't agree that britt isn't a good player. His off the field issues have held him back more than anything. Also its not like they have would havd to shuffle anything on defense. A pass rush consisting of long quinn and clowney would be reminiscent of the Giants championship d line.