Lol, Path To The Draft Compared Safety Deone Buchanon To Decoud

g-dawg

when was this ... ive heard charles davis say .. the falcons recently cut decoud so they can grab this or that safety in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Nothing like decoud tho ... I will say this tho ... Buch misses tackles because he always going for the big hit

I watched Bucannon's film (or "YouTube videos" instead of film for whoever it was that once got offended that most posters are saying "film" but should be saying "YouTube videos" instead) a few hours ago for the first time. I've seen his highlight video a while back ago but today was the first time I watched something of him other than his highlight videos. I watched his games against Oregon in 2012 and 2013.

I'll more than likely get crap for this, but what I saw of him nothing really jumped out at me. I also thought to myself "DeCoud-like" on quite a few plays, kind of ironic that I now see a thread about a source that compared him to DeCoud. He had some big hits here and there but he also had a lot of weak tackling attempts, not just missed tackles. He gave up some huge runs that were just simply ugly. His coverage was okay for the most part but there were several times where he was at least 5-7 yards behind his receiver on a deep route and Mariota would overthrow the WR or the WR just didn't make the catch. He did have a nice INT in one of those videos where he ran up in front of the WR to beat him to the ball. Although, it was a result of bad timing where Mariota held the ball too long before throwing it, don't think many vet NFL QB's would have attempted that throw.

I know it's just a small sample size and only one of the videos was from last year while the other was from 2 years ago. I've honestly not seen much from the other top safeties in this year's draft, but I'll check them out when I get the chance.

I watched Bucannon's film (or "YouTube videos" instead of film for whoever it was that once got offended that most posters are saying "film" but should be saying "YouTube videos" instead) a few hours ago for the first time. I've seen his highlight video a while back ago but today was the first time I watched something of him other than his highlight videos. I watched his games against Oregon in 2012 and 2013.

I'll more than likely get crap for this, but what I saw of him nothing really jumped out at me. I also thought to myself "DeCoud-like" on quite a few plays, kind of ironic that I now see a thread about a source that compared him to DeCoud. He had some big hits here and there but he also had a lot of weak tackling attempts, not just missed tackles. He gave up some huge runs that were just simply ugly. His coverage was okay for the most part but there were several times where he was at least 5-7 yards behind his receiver on a deep route and Mariota would overthrow the WR or the WR just didn't make the catch. He did have a nice INT in one of those videos where he ran up in front of the WR to beat him to the ball. Although, it was a result of bad timing where Mariota held the ball too long before throwing it, don't think many vet NFL QB's would have attempted that throw.

I know it's just a small sample size and only one of the videos was from last year while the other was from 2 years ago. I've honestly not seen much from the other top safeties in this year's draft, but I'll check them out when I get the chance.