Johnny Football's Score On Wonderlic Test...

FalconJim

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying that the Wonderlic doesn't mean anything. But I believe going from college to pros as a QB is all about your mental toughness which there isn't a test for. Not only are you now being paid more money than all of your friends combined, you are looked at to be the star player, the savior of the franchise, the can't fail prospect. Imagine the mental toll that would take on a 21-22 yr old man. You have to be a special kind of person to play the game successfully at the highest level and to play QB at the highest level takes even more cahones.

That's what I was thinking.....at least, whoever gets him, won't have to be working with a dummy.

Of course, the great Dan Marino only scored a 15, so, who knows...

Exactly. Goes to show the validity of that test...though Vince Young ruined it for a lot of dummies of the future. biggrin.png

the test is valid. It has nothing to do with physical football talent

I meant in a mental/smarts sense. It's not valid in evaluating a guy's smarts when you see guys like Marino scoring low and then having the career he did. Marino isn't the only example, just the readily available one.

It's basically an IQ test. I know folks with average IQs who are very smart cause they work hard. Where as I know many with high IQs who are lazy and act ********. It has it's uses but is no way a tell all.

I had a biology class with this guy in college. He would always sleep in class and never did homework. The professor only graded tests. Everything else was for "preparing for the test". He never studied and pass the class with a 95. I busted my ***, got a tutor, stayed up late to study, and passed with a 78. Pissed me off lol

I meant in a mental/smarts sense. It's not valid in evaluating a guy's smarts when you see guys like Marino scoring low and then having the career he did. Marino isn't the only example, just the readily available one.

i dont think any one test can measure intelligence. But Marino was physically a gifted QB