If We Don't Trade Up,,can't Trade Down And Both Mack And Clowney Are Gone

MSalmon

And to quote SCAR in a recent article, "we love baker and Holmes," (love you Scott but I'm hoping this sentiment was your forray into fiction ); there is one prospect I see very little love being given to. CJ Mosley.

Here's the reason I advocate him over a Ha Ha Dix or even a Barr:

1) spoon is oft injured and not the greatest fit

2) great tackler and great range

3) great pass coverage ability--don't forget we have jimmy graham in our division

4) Scheme diverse--CJ has played in 34...he can play inside on both schemes and on strong or Weakside in 43

5) dreadfully thin at ILB

Did I mention spoon is hurt all the time?

What say you all? Not to dump on Scar or anyone, but this is not a great S class and Ha Ha as a top 10 guy is laughable (pun intentional).

In fact,,assuming we "love baker and Holmes " would you be mad if our draft went like this:

1) Mosley

2) Attachou

3) Marcus Smith

4) CJ Fedowrwitz (msp)

4) Andre Williams

5) Marqueston Huff (I'm with KOG he's an outstandingrosoect)

6) zach Kerr

7) BPA for last 3 rounds

Thoughts?

I feel that if we love holmes, we better get use to loving a mediocre record. Matt better start loving eating turf.

Love most of your picks though

I agree. This isn't really my mock (thank you though), but after reading Scars article I figured I'd explore the idea of no OT taken. Personally, I think you take one of big three OTs, push Holmes to where he's more suited--depth

One thing I totally disagree with Scar about whether we truly love Holmes and baker or not is drafting Ha Ha

Well, see, that's because you're an average fan unlike him. You don't understand these things... jk jk

I wouldn't mind taking a safety in the first. I'd actually prefer a trade back to pick up Pryor or HaHa as long as we have an OT we like in the 2nd. Trading up from our 2nd round pick would be ideal if we land a top 3 OT in the first

Well, see, that's because you're an average fan unlike him. You don't understand these things... jk jk

I wouldn't mind taking a safety in the first. I'd actually prefer a trade back to pick up Pryor or HaHa as long as we have an OT we like in the 2nd. Trading up from our 2nd round pick would be ideal if we land a top 3 OT in the first

Lol yeas I am amd proud of it.

I agree if we went safety let's move way back get a bunch of picks so we can move up in rounds and get a Pryor. Ha ha is ok but so overrated IMO

I wouldn't have a problem with Mosley at that spot for the reasons you mentioned. Except I don't think he will cover Jimmy Graham worth a crap. Not to knock him at all, but i don't see hardly anyone doing a real good job of covering him. I think a guy like Van Noy or Shazier would actually be a little better at covering a TE than Mosley. I would be ok with him in this scenario because he can play every OLB position and would be solid at all of them.

However, in this scenario i'm taking Donald all day long biggrin.png

And i have no clue why Scott thinks that we "love" Holmes. I think we like Baker when he is healthy and we are commited to him so we pretty much have to like him, but Holmes? I don't see it.

Edited by Clark Kent™

Lol yeas I am amd proud of it.

I agree if we went safety let's move way back get a bunch of picks so we can move up in rounds and get a Pryor. Ha ha is ok but so overrated IMO

HaHa just has good coverage skills. I definitely prefer Pryor.

Could you imagine Pryor and Moore patrolling the secondary? We might see brown stains on some receivers bottoms

I like the player, but am not a fan of a ILB at pick 6. Just not enogh value in the position IMO. Although if he is the next Ray Ray you can argue that he would be well worth the pick.

In that scenario, I would hope to get Matthews or even Robinson at 6 before taking a ILB. It is a deep LB draft, and a position that generally doesnt have top 6 value.

If all of our guys are gone (Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews) and you can't trade down, then you take Lewan. Quite a few folks have him rated ahead of Matthews anyway. He can and possibly will be a franchise left tackle.

In this scenario, I'd go:

1. Lewan

2. Dee Ford/ Attaochou (Whichever one is there @ 37)

3. Deone Buchannon

4. C.J. Fiedorowicz

4. Justin Ellis

5. Adrian Hubbard (he'll slip)

6. Isaiah Crowell

7. Seantrel Henderson

7. Zack Kerr

7. A.J Tarpley

Get it out of your heads that we will pick Henderson or Crowell...both had "major" off the field issues....If anything, TD is not going to select a guy in the later rounds that has motivational issues or disciplinary issues....those are the guys that need to be working their butts off to just make the team or contribute...thats why those players, while not STARS like everyone wants, but are solid contributes when things are said and done...

Get it out of your heads that we will pick Henderson or Crowell...both had "major" off the field issues....If anything, TD is not going to select a guy in the later rounds that has motivational issues or disciplinary issues....those are the guys that need to be working their butts off to just make the team or contribute...thats why those players, while not STARS like everyone wants, but are solid contributes when things are said and done...

I'd hardly call Lewan's ordeal a "Major" issue, but we can agree to disagree. As for Crowell, this is a low risk, high reward pick. He made his mistakes @ 18 years old. There have been no complaints about his character or work ethic for over 2 years. He has proven himself to be a top tier RB in the best conference in college football. The team that selects him late will get a gem. Why not the Falcons? We definitely have a great role model for him to sit under. And if it doesn't work out, all you lost was a 6th. No-brainer in my book.

I agree. This isn't really my mock (thank you though), but after reading Scars article I figured I'd explore the idea of no OT taken. Personally, I think you take one of big three OTs, push Holmes to where he's more suited--depth

I think there is a better chance we make a move for Mack than Clowney but I hope we stay and pick OL--Matthews (thinking Robinson is gone by 6)

I'd hardly call Lewan's ordeal a "Major" issue, but we can agree to disagree. As for Crowell, this is a low risk, high reward pick. He made his mistakes @ 18 years old. There have been no complaints about his character or work ethic for over 2 years. He has proven himself to be a top tier RB in the best conference in college football. The team that selects him late will get a gem. Why not the Falcons? We definitely have a great role model for him to sit under. And if it doesn't work out, all you lost was a 6th. No-brainer in my book.

Did I mention Lewan anywhere in my post?

Crowell has one season at UGA...more years at that level, then I would contemplate it...Furthermore, if you follow UGA, it takes a lot to be removed from the team, as every year they usually have more "off the field" issues than wins on the field, and thus it seems always go undefeated in player arrests v. convictions....

The point of my post is that Crowell or Henderson while the talent might be there, their character and off the field issues will limit their growth at the next level...thus, I would prefer a more hard working, high character player in the later rounds, then a flyer on someone...

Its just a disagreement in philosophy...

I wouldn't have a problem with Mosley at that spot for the reasons you mentioned. Except I don't think he will cover Jimmy Graham worth a crap. Not to knock him at all, but i don't see hardly anyone doing a real good job of covering him. I think a guy like Van Noy or Shazier would actually be a little better at covering a TE than Mosley. I would be ok with him in this scenario because he can play every OLB position and would be solid at all of them.

However, in this scenario i'm taking Donald all day long biggrin.png

And i have no clue why Scott thinks that we "love" Holmes. I think we like Baker when he is healthy and we are commited to him so we pretty much have to like him, but Holmes? I don't see it.

Shazier and Mosley are pretty much the same when it comes to skill set, except that Mosley is better at taking on blocks and has the frame to add a few pounds.

Shazier is a lil underweight and it looks like his frame is maxed out.

Did I mention Lewan anywhere in my post?

Crowell has one season at UGA...more years at that level, then I would contemplate it...Furthermore, if you follow UGA, it takes a lot to be removed from the team, as every year they usually have more "off the field" issues than wins on the field, and thus it seems always go undefeated in player arrests v. convictions....

The point of my post is that Crowell or Henderson while the talent might be there, their character and off the field issues will limit their growth at the next level...thus, I would prefer a more hard working, high character player in the later rounds, then a flyer on someone...

Its just a disagreement in philosophy...

I hear you. That late in the draft, it's a crap shoot anyway. If we pass on Henderson, my feelings wouldn't be hurt, but I still think that Crowell may be a better pick than a guy like Grice that late in the draft.

When has a team not been able to trade back? It sounds like a mythical scenario to me.

There are extremely valuable guys available at our pick. You gonna tell me NO ONE is giving up a third to jump up?

Why does no one answer this? Has it ever happened? Im curious. I can see it in a crappy draft, but for this draft I don't see it being possible.