Why The First 2 Overall Picks Far Well For Falcons For Clowney

#1 the Texans have the first overall pick in the draft. Many "Experts" believe that Clowney is and should be first overall pick because he is a can't miss game changer. That maybe so but with the draft not so deep in OT's and OB's (opinion) they may have no choice. Then you have to ask, is how many points can Clowney score or stop In the league with plenty good coaches and QB's? The Texans easily has a top ten defense already I see them picking a quarterback first overall or OT to have a better all around team considering they traded Matt Schab away. If the Texans grab Clowney first overall they will be picking #1 overall next year (opinion).

#2 The rams has a defensive and offensive line full of first round picks. I see them trading down I don't see them trading out of the top ten. If the rams trade with the Falcons to stay in the top ten and receive a high second round pick they have pretty good leverage in a trade deal to move back up into the top 5 to grab a player like Mack or receiver in Watkins. And still have another First and second round pick along with a second 2nd round pick 2015. Both Falcons and Rams gain here because Falcons hasn't had a dominant pass rush since Abraham #55 and only lose one pick in the draft of 10 picks. And the Rams have an opportunity to solidify there team tenfold in high picks.

Another point.

Jake Matthews is by many considered to be the safest pick in the draft. If the Texans do pass on Clowney ,which think they will, and Quarterback. And QB's do slide in the draft. I think a tough LT could solidify there line for a rookie quarterback.

Edited by ATLsuperfan247

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St.Louis has the 13th pick also so they can afford to trade back and still get quality players, I say we're making a deal with them if we do move up, they'd still get no.6 and 13 , and we get Clowney or Mack

And if we trade what most people expect (2014 2nd, 2015 2nd). They could have 3 first round picks with a trade in our two 2nd's and a 3rd.

What's better than one dominant DE?

what's better than no offense? Yeah we can relate to no offense. Which we will have back next year. There offense however has depleted without injuries before the season has started. You need an offense to score points I'm sorry defense don't always do that no matter how many JJ Watts and JD Clowneys are on defense.

Edited by ATLsuperfan247

If the Texans were smart they would take Clowney with the first pick and Mettenberger with the 2nd. The Rams should trade down given there awesome draft positions (2nd and 13th). The Rams are actually the team to have the best draft this year if they play it smart.

If the Texans were smart they would take Clowney with the first pick and Mettenberger with the 2nd. The Rams should trade down given there awesome draft positions (2nd and 13th). The Rams are actually the team to have the best draft this year if they play it smart.

Who's protecting the "Rookie" Mettenberger? Now your choosing between OT and DE in the first when you already have a top ten defense. And if we Learn from the past all it takes is a good offense and a top ten defense to win it all. Picking OT in the second when you have the choice to pick the safest not only player in the draft but one of the best OT's in the draft.

You guys need to stop acting as if having too many dominant pass rushers is a bad thing.The quality of these QBs are nothing near the caliber of 'once in a lifetime' or 'cant miss prospects' like a couple years back. If this was a luck vs. RG3 vs. clowney debate, it'd be **** hard, but this is a bridgewater, bortles, and manziel pool. all 3 have major ?? and all 3 could end up being big busts like ponder, gabbert, locker (to an extent), Manuel, or smith.

Their best bet is to trade back to a desperate team or pick Clowney. Look at a team like arizona, very underrated stout defense, and an average offense with a decent QB. yet they still had double digit wins. Look at KC, great run game and game manager with a stout defense.

You guys need to stop acting as if having too many dominant pass rushers is a bad thing.The quality of these QBs are nothing near the caliber of 'once in a lifetime' or 'cant miss prospects' like a couple years back. If this was a luck vs. RG3 vs. clowney debate, it'd be **** hard, but this is a bridgewater, bortles, and manziel pool. all 3 have major ?? and all 3 could end up being big busts like ponder, gabbert, locker (to an extent), Manuel, or smith.

Their best bet is to trade back to a desperate team or pick Clowney. Look at a team like arizona, very underrated stout defense, and an average offense with a decent QB. yet they still had double digit wins. Look at KC, great run game and game manager with a stout defense.

Many thought #2 was a reach but we picked him and turned out to be one of the best picks we've ever made. Even Matt had question marks like Bortles with accuracy issues but with football IQ. And what did we do? We traded back to the first to get a OT to protect our quarterback.

sh*t we had to go to free agency to get Abraham. And The Texans already have JJ they didn't have to spend as much. We made the playoff that year....

Edited by ATLsuperfan247

It seems like people are forgetting the JJ Watt with a stout defense factor in the mix. **** they even have Mario williams. But yet they don't have a solid quarterback they don't have a solid offensive line they don't have a solid number 2 receiver and RB foster is taking a break. On top of that they are starting a new regime of coaches. Are you kidding me? DE should be there last worry

Edited by ATLsuperfan247

Yall are hilarious with this "CANT MISS" DE talk. Clowney had 3 sacks last year. That was already a miss if you ask me. This guy has to be one of the most over hyped prospects in recent history. It's not like it's going to get easier for him once he hits the NFL.

I don't know. If you measure out how many late round DE's and the few frfriends agents we whiffed on? And then you look at how many high first round picks we whiffed on (JA98)? I'd say we didn't give it a legitimate shot.