Greg Jones

Free agent FB Greg Jones is visiting the Falcons.

Jones, 33 next month, has paved the way for the likes of Fred Taylor, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Arian Foster the past decade. He was Pro Football Focus' No. 8 lead blocker last season. Atlanta's in the market for an upgrade on Patrick DiMarco.

Related: Falcons

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Apr 8 - 1:31 PM

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take him as long as we still got a guy like J.C. Copeland to be here for the long haul. It might not make sense to carry two fullbacks but if we did then I'll take Greg Jones and Copeland. If just one fullback, then Copeland please.

WTF is everyone's infatuation with Copeland? He was 270 lbs([probably more 280'ish). and was a decent college player but looked overly slow and fat this past year. He was agood goaline runner in college but has zero hands, no flexibility and isn't the greatest road grader at FB. There are much better options at FB than Copeland.

WTF is everyone's infatuation with Copeland? He was 270 lbs([probably more 280'ish). and was a decent college player but looked overly slow and fat this past year. He was agood goaline runner in college but has zero hands, no flexibility and isn't the greatest road grader at FB. There are much better options at FB than Copeland.

Yea didn't really impress me when he was catching at the combine, I think he dropped a few during the drills.

It isn't like people want us to take him in the 4th round. No harm in using a 7th rounder on him if he's still there. The lack of a competent blocking FB the last 2.5 years has killed our run game just as much as a crap OL.

He can hit linebackers.

He's a good football player. He plays tough and I like his attitude the most. He's not scared to hit somebody and wants to win. He'd be a late round pick so it's not like we'd use our 4th on him.

Yea didn't really impress me when he was catching at the combine, I think he dropped a few during the drills.

How dare you sir, How dare you disparage the a player for being one dimensional. I suppose you think that in being one dimensional his presence on the field will scream to the defense that we are running, don't you. I suppose you also think that having a guy like Trey Millard who can run, block and catch might be better and that him being on the field wouldn't tip our play to the defense, don't you. I'm sure you think a guy like Trey who can not only catch the ball but is also a speedy threat as a receiver would some how be better than simply having a battering ram, don't you.

Well then, you'd be correct.

That was more than 8yrs ago...

True, but I still believe that when his number is called, he's more than capable of paving the way for SJax. Probable not in the Dexter Reid fashion...lol..but helmets dont have to fly around for him to be effective