Why No Matching The Bush Contract May Work Out For Falcons

autigerfan

I think the offer sheet to Bush was a savvy move by the Falcons as a mid-tier ascending talent. The fact that NO elected to match the contract for him to return as their 3rd safety shows how much the Saints thought of Bush.

This one could end up hurting NO in the long run as I think it forced their hand to let De La Puente to to walk. In the end I think that they would have been wise to re-sign their starting center rather than committ the salary cap money to retaining a backup defender.

Who is ready to see Soliai and Jackson collapse the pocket and terrorize Brees this season?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush was already counting against the Saints cap since they used the tender on him. While we did force to pay an extra 800,000, we also locked him into NOLA for two years. If he had just signed the tender, he would be an unrestricted FA next year.

Perhaps NO wanted to keep him for next year in anticipation that they will have to cut loose Byrd because of going to salary cap jail in the near future.

We signed your starter to be our backup. That helps you. Right.

You have no starting safety, and have to either draft a rookie or sign a bottom tier free agent. Against Drew Brees, that somehow helps you?

Ya'll got slapped by Loomis. Spin how you like, but the Saints front office announced that school is in - ya'll need to be taking notes.

You have no starting safety, and have to either draft a rookie or sign a bottom tier free agent. Against Drew Brees, that somehow helps you?

Ya'll got slapped by Loomis. Spin how you like, but the Saints front office announced that school is in - ya'll need to be taking notes.

so the saints drafting a rookie safety is cool but if the falcons do it we are in trouble..hahaha come again bro

Well now we forced y'all to either sign a low teir center or draft a rookie. TD won either way, schools in sessions for y'all but it seems like y'all just don't learn.

I think the offer sheet to Bush was a savvy move by the Falcons as a mid-tier ascending talent. The fact that NO elected to match the contract for him to return as their 3rd safety shows how much the Saints thought of Bush.

This one could end up hurting NO in the long run as I think it forced their hand to let De La Puente to to walk. In the end I think that they would have been wise to re-sign their starting center rather than committ the salary cap money to retaining a backup defender.

Who is ready to see Soliai and Jackson collapse the pocket and terrorize Brees this season?

The Saints didn't want DLP that's why he's gone. DLP was only good because of our guards. Goodwin is still a FA and was our center when we won theSB. The Saints are looking to bring him back.

Lol Little Drew isn't going to have that pocket to step up into anymore now that his center is gone and our defensive front is about to be stout. Safety play will be better by the addition of a better defensive front and by the subtraction of DeCoud. Plus the Saints are digging themselves into a deeper hole with the salary cap and soon Jimmy Graham will be on his way out of New Orleans. In the meantime Little Drew will be too busy having Soliai's d*** shoved down his throat and will be retired in a few years. Who's going to be the savior of New Orleans when Little Drew is retired and Jimmy Graham was forced out? Will it be the severely overrated Kenny Vaccaro or the "still has a good 3-4 years left" Champ Bailey?

Joke is on you, swamp rats.

Well now we forced y'all to either sign a low teir center or draft a rookie. TD won either way, schools in sessions for y'all but it seems like y'all just don't learn.

Thank you. TD is the reason why we're going to bring back our SB center. Loomis will send over a fruit basket later today.

Lol Little Drew isn't going to have that pocket to step up into anymore now that his center is gone and our defensive front is about to be stout. Safety play will be better by the addition of a better defensive front and by the subtraction of DeCoud. Plus the Saints are digging themselves into a deeper hole with the salary cap and soon Jimmy Graham will be on his way out of New Orleans. In the meantime Little Drew will be too busy having Soliai's d*** shoved down his throat and will be retired in a few years. Who's going to be the savior of New Orleans when Little Drew is retired and Jimmy Graham was forced out? Will it be the severely overrated Kenny Vaccaro or the "still has a good 3-4 years left" Champ Bailey?

Joke is on you, swamp rats.

Typical. This just made me laugh.

Rafael Bush is a good football player. I said it when he was with the Saints and I said it when he was looking like he'd be a Falcon again. I'll still say he's a good football player who I wish we could have. Doesn't matter the team he's on, if I think he's good then I think he's good, despite being on the rival's team or on our team. Hate how some Falcons fans act like they didn't want him. Let's not stoop down to the Saints fanbase level and trash players who aren't on our team but then act like they are a superstar when they're on our team.

We're ALL ready..........but that's easier said than done.

Year after year after year we play these scumbags called the Saints........man, talk about an Oxymoron.........TWICE a year.............and have never created a legitimate pass rush against Brees. He probably couldn't WAIT for the Falcon games.......knowing he'd have a vacation in the pocket with the chance to add to his record pass completion count. Like taking candy from a baby.

Meanwhile, back in Flowery Branch, GA........TD. Smitty, and staff sat and were content to be humiliated EACH and EVERY encounter.

THAT says something about how LOW their level of Standards and Pride are and how out of touch with reality they can be.

That makes you feel better?

lol y'all didn't want Bush? Lol speak for yourself cause other Falcons fans wanted him.

It was a win win for us. We either got Bush who would bring the Fat Ryan playbook with him, or we didn't and you guys had to overpay for a backup safety. Good luck signing Graham. Can't wait to see Brees in silver and black in 2015.

Rise Up #FFL

Not to mention that this is shaping up to be a crappy draft class for centers. The Saints will probably regret letting La Puente walk for a hair above the vet minimum.

That makes you feel better?

No the point is that eventually the spending is going to catch up to you. You already had to release half of your starting defense from the Super Bowl team not to mention key contributors on offense in Sproles and Moore to keep Graham and sign Byrd.

Now you will be forced to go with a scrub at center or sign a washed up Goodwin.

1. We did want Bush. period. thinking we signed an offer sheet so the Saints would match it is stupid. I dont think he is as good as his hit on Harvin makes him out to be, but he would provide nice competition and be a potential starter.

He was never guaranted the job, but was promised a shot at it.

2. De La Puenta sucks, period. Losing himdoes not hurt the Saints.

With that said, I am looking forward to smacking the Saints this year.