Not As Sold On Our Fa Being That Great Anymore

Before I get ganged up on, I just want to say we have done decent in FA. But when I look at other teams, particularly the better teams, that decided to bring in loads of talent there is to me a lot left to be desired. We still have big holes at Pass rush, OT, FS and TE. Thats before we talk upgrading RB, ILB or CB. And if you think about the guys that were available we could have easily plugged one hole with premier talent. Instead we over paid for a 30-yr old run stopper and a fringe draft bust that does the same thing. None of the potential game changers.

We did good at the start if FA, but slowed considerably since. What gives? They coukd have really shored up more holes by now. What are we waiting for? Can't expect to hit on every draft pick. Could have used Bush. Am I alone in feeling like this? Just venting.

My question: Is our personnel much better as of now than last year?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! By using your own mind to judge the Falcons outside of a vacuum, you've graduated from fanboy to fan. Our free agency was a nice, but costly first step, not a cure-all. Let's see what's next.

A compliment?! From Muskokas?! I'm beyond flattered.

Thanks, I think. Lol. Just because we disagree sometimes doesn't mean we have to disagree everytime.

I think our FA was pretty **** good.

We sucked against the run. The FO signed two big run stuffers.

Our oline sucked. The FO signed an upgrade at RG.

Our return game was horrible. The FO signed a future HOF return man.

Cb depth also signed.

Some of you fans expect the team to sign 20 household names in FA and hit every draft pick as well. Be realistic. This ain't Madden.

You don't know football if you think Solali (sp) is not a game changer.

That is all.

Obviously a fans point of view. But I've seen him actually play. And he's not overly impressive my friend. Sorry to burst your bubble. Wish he were, cause then my team would be better. But realistically, he's good not great. I think we could have gotten great.

We addressed some of our biggest needs.

I know I will catch **** for this, but IMO it was stupid to cut Decoud before getting a replacement. Yes, he was garbage last year, but he was serviceable every other year. I think he would have been back to old form w/ an improved front 7. We have now forced ourselves into having to take one early in the draft while also needing a pass rusher and OT. If we can Trade back, it will work itself out. If we can't, our FS situation could be even worse this year.

We had to overpay for Soliai. He was the key of our entire free agency. Go back and look at all the available NT's in FA. After Soliai there was a huge drop off in talent. If we don't ink him then we have to settle for a guy like Cam Thomas or a draftee. Good NT's are hard to find. I am fine with the price tag.

We then signed a top 10 3-4 DE who will be a starter

We improved our RG situation by signing Asamoah

We then signed all 3 starters from last year on our D line. We have a solid rotation on our D line.

We then signed one of the better KR/PR guys in the game which was a weakness of ours last season.

On top of all that we are in very good cap shape right now. Better than all the other "good" teams who have sold the house for players.

Edited by Clark Kent™

Cb depth also signed.

Some of you fans expect the team to sign 20 household names in FA and hit every draft pick as well. Be realistic. This ain't Madden.

Homer.

Obviously a fans point of view. But I've seen him actually play. And he's not overly impressive my friend. Sorry to burst your bubble. Wish he were, cause then my team would be better. But realistically, he's good not great. I think we could have gotten great.

I think we targeted him over Linval Joseph (Who I wanted) because Soliai was pretty damned beastly when Nolan was DC in Miami. I still think I would have rather had Joseph though. He's alot younger.

A compliment?! From Muskokas?! I'm beyond flattered.

Thanks, I think. Lol. Just because we disagree sometimes doesn't mean we have to disagree everytime.

If your goal was to become an ignorant troll you should be flattered, it's not often you get a compliment from the 2nd biggest Troll on the boards unless you say stupid ****.

Wow that is condescending. Not sure if you meant it to read like that or if your like FFS1970 and don't give a $hit. Either way I have watched hi play and I think he's exactly what we need. Most good teams need to fill one or two positions - we needed to fill 5-6. I didn't think we could do it in one year with FA pickups alone let alone with draft picks also. Now I honesty think we are a starting pass rusher (Mack) and FS (2 NS or 3rd pick) away from being back in the hunt. I think sometimes you just can't please some people.

We addressed some of our biggest needs.

I know I will catch **** for this, but IMO it was stupid to cut Decoud before getting a replacement. Yes, he was garbage last year, but he was serviceable every other year. I think he would have been back to old form w/ an improved front 7. We have now forced ourselves into having to take one early in the draft while also needing a pass rusher and OT. If we can Trade back, it will work itself out. If we can't, our FS situation could be even worse this year.

1) I think we cut him because he was due a roster bonus at the start of the league year and it didn't make sense to pay him if we intended to replace him if possible.

2) He is still unsigned as far as I know, so we can sign him right back if we have to.

Cb depth also signed.

Dude, I'm 27. I am a grown man. I don't play much Madden, just have a diffferent opinion. Is it that tough to imagine. Why do folks vilify everyone who thinks differently then they do?

In any event, I saw quite a few names that would/could have helped us out and think where we did good, we could have done better.

I think it is backwards to assume that we would fill all the needs in FA. That is not what the good teams do...that is what the Redskins do, and I hope to never be the Redskins. That is what the Eagles did with their "dream team" that went 8-8 I believe, a couple of years back, but started the year as a train wreck. The simple truth is you don't continue to pick off the pile of FA's before the draft, because you then have the draft and the post FA period. Who's to say some team out there gets "their" safety of the future in round 2, and the next day a great FS isn't sitting out there for the taking in the second FA period? It makes sense that you're 27 because this comes off as a microwave generation way of thinking.

Guest fibonacci

You don't know football if you think Solali (sp) is not a game changer.

That is all.

i see him as saying overall and vs all the other teams free agents.

I feel we did good in free agency. But it could have been better.

So he is not saying the guys them selves suck balls. It's just him looking at it overall vs other teams with free agency. That is all. Don't get mad at him.

I think it is backwards to assume that we would fill all the needs in FA. That is not what the good teams do...that is what the Redskins do, and I hope to never be the Redskins. That is what the Eagles did with their "dream team" that went 8-8 I believe, a couple of years back, but started the year as a train wreck.

Not all the needs. I was hoping to fill one or two with DEFINITIVE game-changers. I hope our 3-4 looks with Soliai will be productive, but I would like to have seen more with the money we had available.