Unlikely First 5 Picks Scenario. What Would Td Do?

xskyx

Just for fun here..

Let's say the teams aren't sold on the top qbs of this draft, and don't want to risk their franchise future by potentially wasting a valuable draft position. Let's assume they make plans for a stopgap qb in another round.

This causes a run on OT and pass rushers.

1) Texans... Clowney

2) Rams... Matthews

3) Jaguars... Mack

4) Bills (trade with Browns)... Robinson. They need an OT to pair with Cordy Glenn. Matthews getting picked early makes them think there won't be a top 3 tackle at their pick.

5) Raiders...Taylor Lewan. Big reach due to run on OTs.. in need of an OT, they take the only option left available in the 1st..

6) Atlanta...

What do you do? I know this situation is very unlikely, but the possibility exists.

Have fun with this guys, no crying or generic "won't happen, doesn't matter" stuff please.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is going to say "Barr", but if it were me i'm trading back to 10-15 range and would accept less compensation to do it. I'm not a trade chart guru, but i'd take a 2nd or 3rd and 4th. And use those picks to move up in the 2nd and 3rd.

Who would you pick in your 1st round trade back position

Just for fun here..

Let's say the teams aren't sold on the top qbs of this draft, and don't want to risk their franchise future by potentially wasting a valuable draft position. Let's assume they make plans for a stopgap qb in another round.

1) Texans... Clowney

2) Rams... Matthews

3) Jaguars... Mack

4) Bills (trade with Browns)... Robinson. They need an OT to pair with Cordy Glenn. Matthews getting picked early makes them think there won't be a top 3 tackle at their pick.

5) Raiders...Taylor Lewan. Big reach due to run on OTs.. in need of an OT, they take the only option left available in the 1st..

6) Atlanta...

What do you do? I know this situation is very unlikely, but the possibility exists.

Have fun with this guys, no crying or generic "won't happen, doesn't matter" stuff please.

It could fall that way. Whether we like it or not either a trade down or selection of Watkins would be possibilities. Trade down depends on other teams love of Watkins

Others would disagree but grabbing Roddy''s replacement and immediate impact weapon to our stable isn't end if world...it's better than reaching for a defender or OT

This scenario is about how I see it going. No one outside the top 5 or so is clamoring for QB. Because maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm not sold on these QBs.

I thought I read one analyst saying that Geno Smith would be the top QB prospect if he was in this draft class. That's pretty bad.

Who would you pick in your 1st round trade back position

I personally would take Aaron Donald. He is the best DT in the draft. Peria Jerry may not make the final roster. Peters may not be healthy week 1 and I believe Donald can play a variety of positions.

I could see us going after HaHa or Pryor in that situation as well. Could also see us going after Zack Martin possibly. And could even see Eric Ebron although i hope that is not what we do.

I think if we trade down for Pryor and pick up an extra 2nd, we can get a guy like Attacheou and a tackle in the 2nd and I would be fine with that or we could also trade down for a guy like Lewan and in the the 2nd get Attacheou and Ward....after the first 2 rounds if we get a DE/ILB, OT and a safety that are ready to start from day 1 I'm happy, and then draft depth with the other rounds

Someone will want Watkins or a QB. Trade down.

What I really think will happen is the first 5 picks will be Clowney, Mack, Watkins and 2 QB, leaving us to choose between Robinson, Matthews, Barr and a trade down.

I would be ecstatic if this happened.

Bucs are the lose cannon here. Watkins opposite Jackson is scary. I can see Tampa trading up with the Browns so they get him before the Raiders. I can see round 1 being trade central. We could move to 2 if Clowney doesn't go to Texans, Bills could trade to get Evans, Vikings could trade to get QB, Cowboys trade to get Donald etc. Anyway, when all is said and done, still convinced we end up with Mack.

If that happened I'd throw my TV out the **** window. Seriously, that would suck. Barr has bust written all over him. Hope and pray we could find a way to trade back with a team like the Rams who would want a QB then draft Pryor at 13 or even Aaron Donald.

If this happened, you would almost have to trade down. Somebody would be more than happy to take Watkins at 6.

Pick up Pryor somewhere around 12-15, then get Attaochu and best OL available in the 2nd round.

I think Houston definitely takes a QB, though. Which means, at a minimum, Lewan will be there.

Just for fun here..

1) Texans... Clowney

2) Rams... Matthews

3) Jaguars... Mack

6) Atlanta...

Barr would be the pick. 90% chance we do not trade down.

Edited by Skareffect