Ok I Dont Get All The Sites Saying Were Trying To Sign Chris Johnson

THE ICEMAN

I think he's an ok player but it would just be a horrible move at his given age. And with a hole at FS it really makes no sense to sign Johnson when adding another safety should be top priority. So is it legit were trying to sign him?

We still have Jackson who I believe is by far a better back at this stage of there careers and when healthy Jackson still may be the most complete back still in the game today.

Then we have Quizz who is a solid scat back and will run north and south and has some of the best hands in the league and really is a perfect fit in that number 2 back role.

I do think we need to add a Back this off season but the draft is by far cheaper and you could also get a better back than Johnson who will turn 29 this season.

I'm not sure if were even in on Johnson. I just find it interesting if we are because we'll basiclly be filling snellings role with Johnson maybe. Will he even accept that or will Jackson accept not being a starter if Johnson is signed to be the guy because I do believe jackson is still a quality back.

Anybody think its a bad move to sign another aging back in Johnson if we are really in the running to sign him?

This one guy in Tennessee said we're the most likely landing spot for CJ2K and since then NFL.com has been floating it as a rumor during a time where there's not a whole lot of real news to report. That's all there is to it really. Of course we're not getting him. It almost sounds like something Dimitroff would do, but c'mon, he's not THAT dense. If we sign anyone else in FA it will probably be a vet free safety to go along with whoever we draft.

Guest fibonacci

I certainly wouldn't mind having him but I want us to sign a half-decent vet free safety. I don't think we've got a butt ton of cap space left and since we're not the Saints there might be an issue with getting one and signing Johnson haha.

What free safety do you see out there that you like?

What we need to do is stop bringing in other people's trash. We have Antoine Smith. Either give him a chance or draft a RB and try to make him a star. We honestly don't need 4 RB's

Smith is viewed by this staff as a great special teams player much more than a RB. I'm not saying I necessarily want Chris Johnson but I can see the logic behind it if he's not too expensive. This board begs for a homerun hitter all the time and CJ2K could probably be that guy for another year or two, especially in the screen game.