So Can The Saints Really Keep Bush?

THE ICEMAN

Unless they make some moves in cutting someone or restructuring some contracts they can't match it right?

They may have said they plan on matching it but let's see what happens.

Because you can't use up all you cap space then draft an entire draft class and have no money to sign them they already were up against the cap before this.

So they basically have until tomorrow to free up enough cap space to keep bush. Remember they also just signed Bailey as well. I wouldn't be shocked if they haven't actually signed bailey if the falcons basically force them out of that deal.

Either way its not that big of a deal Bush would have been ok as a starter a guy like Pryor offers much more upside.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fibonacci

They are at 3.9 million. (according to the to 51 rule).

When they put bush numbers on there. (which i assume is 1.5 this year). Then they will be at 2.9 under the cap.

Then they have champs contract. Which no one knows. And that's where it is going to get scary for them.

Then it's going to cost them 2 million to sign draft picks.

So the answer to your question is....yes the can sign bush. And yes restructures, cuts, trades, etc. will be taking place before they sign their rookies.

You can read more of what the top 51 role is.

I think they only needed to free up 800k to keep him, so probably. And it's not like we haven't seen this song and dance before. I'm pretty convinced that if the Browns wouldn't do whatever it took to keep him, the Saints would be in serious discussions with Alex Mack right now. The salary cap is just a meaningless concept for them. They will restructure a few guys and *poof* $6M in cap space.

Denial.jpg

Well its not denial more so how can they make the numbers work?

Because losing Bush doesn't mean much he is an average safety that can hit he's ok in coverage and ok in the run game.

They basiclly had about 2 mil and that was before signing Bailey and matching Bush's deal then factoring in Jimmy Graham could win his appeal they might of forced there self's into a really bad situation if they basically use all there money.

Refresh me - but if the Saints have a player get injured during training camp, does that players salary still count against them entirely?

If a major starter was injured who they would not dare release, are they going to have almost no funds available to replace him?

There is only so much they can backload their contracts until players start worrying whether they will actually get all of that future pay or realize that the future team is going to have 10 high-priced players who can't win games by themselves.

I realize there is a chance he could still be traded. But, I'll leave this here anyways...biggrin.png

amendola-big-hit-1.gif?w=1000

ph21.gif

Good to be a Saints fan. ph34r.png

Is he even gonna see the field? And he alreaddy said that he doesnt want to be there lol

Why in the **** can't TD restructure and manipulate the salary cap like this?

morals?

i feel like there is going to be a point where players just wont want to sign with NO anymore. I dont get it. the cut all their players, treat them like crap, dont act in a professional manner (sproles) and people still want to sign with them? i mean jairius byrd is probably playing on a 2 year deal. no way his contract fits under the cap those last few seasons. why do players sign these deals? how much of their contract is guarenteed?

i feel like there is going to be a point where players just wont want to sign with NO anymore. I dont get it. the cut all their players, treat them like crap, dont act in a professional manner (sproles) and people still want to sign with them? i mean jairius byrd is probably playing on a 2 year deal. no way his contract fits under the cap those last few seasons. why do players sign these deals? how much of their contract is guarenteed?

There

Theres noway Bryd is on a two year deal it would cost them huge money if they cut him after two seasons thats the bad part of back loading contracts.

There

Theres noway Bryd is on a two year deal it would cost them huge money if they cut him after two seasons thats the bad part of back loading contracts.

i dont know. i just feel like there has to be a breaking point. karma has to step in at some point..everyone said we were crazy for building our team around stars, but the saints do that like 10 times worse

Guest fibonacci

Why in the **** can't TD restructure and manipulate the salary cap like this?

because we don't need to. We have money to spend. And TD is not going to over spend on a player, just too watch the rest of the team suffer, because he was an idiot to over pay a player.

That's a great way to kill your future and have players want to live your team. Point and case: bush wanted to be a falcon and ripped into saint fans.

Guest fibonacci

There

yep two years they can cut him.and he won't hurt the cap being cut.

But next year he makes a big hit on their carp and gets paid.

There

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Jairus%20Byrd&Position=S&Team=Saints

I think they save $3M if they cut him after 2015, $6M, $8M, and $9M in the following years. there is a $14M cap hit if they cut him this year, $4M after this season, then they save. why would byrd sign a deal like that?

because we don't need to. We have money to spend. And TD is not going to over spend on a player, just too watch the rest of the team suffer, because he was an idiot to over pay a player.

That's a great way to kill your future and have players want to live your team. Point and case: bush wanted to be a falcon and ripped into saint fans.

Not to mention Graham and all these other players speaking up against the management. They're holding players hostage over there. Find me one Falcon who's talking bad about management or trying to get off the team.

As they say, "When the levee breaks..."

Guest fibonacci

Not to mention Graham and all these other players speaking up against the management. They're holding players hostage over there. Find me one Falcon who's talking bad about management or trying to get off the team.

As they say, "When the levee breaks..."

yep

yep two years they can cut him.and he won't hurt the cap being cut.

But next year he makes a big hit on their carp and gets paid.

but why does he sign a 2 year deal worth $3.5 M in year 1 and $10M in year 2? Couldnt he have done better than that? How much is guarenteed in the last 4 years?