Bucs Taking A Look @ Bridgewater Today In Tampa

jb 3.0

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=110722

Not sure how relevant this is here anymore with this place turning into TATF.

But for those who come here to talk about NFC South teams, and not just how great the Falcons are, were, and always will be.........here ya go.

I'm like the writer here, if we do go QB at #7 I'd rather have Manziel or wait until later on in the draft.

The fact they are publicly working him out likely means they aren't interested. Like you, I'm not sold on Bridgewater inside the Top 15 of this draft. If you go QB that high, you'd better be right.

He looked absolutely horrible at his pro day. He couldn't hit anybody, while on the other hand, Manziel looked exceptional at his pro day. Granted, they're nothing more than staged workouts, but Bridgewater looked like he hadn't thrown a football in a long, long time.

If no one takes a QB before the Bucs pick, I'm going to be seriously stressing Mike Evans will be gone by #7...

Good point, if Houston, Cleveland and Oakland all pass on QBs, it means tat least two of 'em are talking wideouts. What do you think of them taking a flyer on Manziel, if Evans & Mack are gone?

So many of the mocks have 2-3 QB's being picked in the Top 5, I can't see a scenario where 1-2 won't go.

Too many teams drafting high need a QB.

But what could change this thinking is a few teams trading high into the draft and taking players they covet like DE, LB, OT's.... This will likely happen at least once inside the Top 5 picks. The QB's would then slide slightly.

But what could change this thinking is a few teams trading high into the draft and taking players they covet like DE, LB, OT's.... This will likely happen at least once inside the Top 5 picks. The QB's would then slide slightly.

Buc_Man's getting antsy because he knows this is true, and there's a very good chance someone could trade up with say St.Louis, Cleveland or Oakland and grab Evans.

Good point, if Houston, Cleveland and Oakland all pass on QBs, it means tat least two of 'em are talking wideouts. What do you think of them taking a flyer on Manziel, if Evans & Mack are gone?

Ya know, I've been hearing a lot of great things about Aaron Donald. I personally never watched him play so I don't know much about him.

If they cant trade the pick I think they'll go BPA, And im thinking lovie Is just itching for a reason to draft Defense.

Ya know, I've been hearing a lot of great things about Aaron Donald. I personally never watched him play so I don't know much about him.

If they cant trade the pick I think they'll go BPA, And im thinking lovie Is just itching for a reason to draft Defense.

Donald's supposed to be a real animal. But, he plays the same position as McCoy! That's a bit of a luxury, having 2...three technique tackles. Although we did it with Sapp & McFarland years ago and it worked pretty well.

Guest fibonacci

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=110722

Not sure how relevant this is here anymore with this place turning into TATF.

But for those who come here to talk about NFC South teams, and not just how great the Falcons are, were, and always will be.........here ya go.

I'm like the writer here, if we do go QB at #7 I'd rather have Manziel or wait until later on in the draft.

this is turning into tatf. Great I'm packing my bags and moving to anything but football.

I'll still visit a few times.

And this is all your fault.

Bridge would be excellent as a Buc. I love the guys potential.

Potential being the key here. Did you see his Pro Day? He looked like he was throwing with a blindfold on. Simply terrible.

I doubt he'll fall to us, but I haven't heard how his workout went down here, so he's always a possibility. But I believe if we do go for a qb it'll be Manziel.

Potential being the key here. Did you see his Pro Day? He looked like he was throwing with a blindfold on. Simply terrible.

It happens sometimes. Bad pro-days, or some have bad work-outs at the combine. His potential is great, and could possibly be the franchise qb the Bucs have been searching for.

I know a lot of fans think Manziel will be a huge bust, but I swear, i would prefer him over Bridge... both have potential, but Johnny Football brings the "F U, I'm going to strut around this football field" attitude with him.

Donald's supposed to be a real animal. But, he plays the same position as McCoy! That's a bit of a luxury, having 2...three technique tackles. Although we did it with Sapp & McFarland years ago and it worked pretty well.

Yea johnnyfootball would make more sense, plus both your names are johnnybuc...

It happens sometimes. Bad pro-days, or some have bad work-outs at the combine. His potential is great, and could possibly be the franchise qb the Bucs have been searching for.

I know a lot of fans think Manziel will be a huge bust, but I swear, i would prefer him over Bridge... both have potential, but Johnny Football brings the "F U, I'm going to strut around this football field" attitude with him.

Lovie came out and said right after he got here that we didn't need a Franchise QB to get to and win the Super Bowl, and pointed out Grossman and Johnson. His thing is you have to have a killer defense. So I wouldn't be all that surprised if we passed on all 3 of the top quarterbacks. I know how preposterous that must sound to Saints, Panthers & Falcon fans, but he has a point. Defenses win Championships. The Falcons are finding this out the hard way. Look at what you guys did last season, and what the Saints are gearing up for this season. As usual, it should be a real dogfight, the NFCS teams beating the crap outta one another.

Lovie came out and said right after he got here that we didn't need a Franchise QB to get to and win the Super Bowl, and pointed out Grossman and Johnson. His thing is you have to have a killer defense. So I wouldn't be all that surprised if we passed on all 3 of the top quarterbacks. I know how preposterous that must sound to Saints, Panthers & Falcon fans, but he has a point. Defenses win Championships. The Falcons are finding this out the hard way. Look at what you guys did last season, and what the Saints are gearing up for this season. As usual, it should be a real dogfight, the NFCS teams beating the crap outta one another.

Defense does win championships. Bucs know that. Seahawks of last season know that. Heck , to a much lesser extent, even the Panthers were able to win their division with one of the worst WR groups in the league. Mainly due to defense.

I believe Lovie can build the defense up enough and get them playing on a level high enough level that they can win games if their qb just takes care of the ball.

A franchise qb though, would build you guys up , both as a franchise and as a fan base. An elite defense.......... just have the rookie qb taking as few risks as possible, while the defense takes over the game.

Defense does win championships. Bucs know that. Seahawks of last season know that. Heck , to a much lesser extent, even the Panthers were able to win their division with one of the worst WR groups in the league. Mainly due to defense.

I believe Lovie can build the defense up enough and get them playing on a level high enough level that they can win games if their qb just takes care of the ball.

A franchise qb though, would build you guys up , both as a franchise and as a fan base. An elite defense.......... just have the rookie qb taking as few risks as possible, while the defense takes over the game.

Warren Sapp use to say, "All our offense has to give us is 17 points, we'll do the rest to finish it". That was the case more often than not back in those days, and it was the general attitude of our defense.

It would be nice to have a quarterback like Wilson though. He did a magnificent job last season of doing what you just described. He wasn't a rookie, but he's a young prototype quarterback.