Gday

Dawgfanbrock

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the gday game worth going to? My boys are huge dawg fans too and thought about taking them. I'm about an hour drive, just curious, never been, is it worth it? Is it going to be on tv? And is it free?

yes it's awesome.. you get to sit anywhere, first come first server. outside the stadium the bookstore has a great sale every year.. i picked up a bunch of jerseys for friends and neighbors. very reasonable prices. i am heading down with some cousins and my wife on saturday. you want to get in early for the early uga game of some of our previous georgia greats. flag football game. :) last year we went to the botanical gardens which is one exit away. then the game and we might hit up herschel's new place. my twitter is @dawgsrulz .. if you tweet me maybe we can meet up on saturday

my friend is a huge uga fan and is telling me that he's taking me to the G-Day game before we head to our semi pro game. our colors are red n black and would be decked out in our teams colors with a blue gator hat. its a lost bet on the uga/florida game and im trying to change it to something else

Wont be able to make it this year..

What or who is everyone most exicted to see?

1. Brice Ramsey, I really wanna see how he has progressed after being in the WingT offense in high school

2. J.J Green, seeing how he matches up at the star position

3. Safety play

Any change my kids could get an autograph today, when or where should we be to have an opportunity for autographs? My son is a huge guley fan, hopefully he can see him up close. Any guidance on where players may be to meet eect... Let me know.

It's happened before I think. Good luck to ya!

i was going to go and had it all ready, but my allergies have been so bad the past few days we had to cancel it.. it ticks me off.. a georgia day in athens and football.. :) btw great game to wach.. i loved it that we had some touchdowns scored and saw some real nice things from a number of players. i do not worry one bit about hutson mason.. he is ready and this is his team.. if he stays healthy we have a great shot of being involved in the new playoff and if gurley is healthy he is going to be in new york holding up that heisman.

I went with my boys, was a good time.. D looked good, secondary looks much better.. My take aways; a.davis is a good cb. Conley and bennett r studs, park is our best option at backup, but thiers such a huge drop after hudson we should really be going after another qb. Turman looked to be a good back. I knew there would be a huge drop after murry but thought mason played well, seemed to have pretty solid pocket awareness. where was rumph?

My only problem with the broadcast was I don't remember them saying too many names. I mean, yes, they said the names of all the guys you know. Ramik, Herrara, Toby, etc.

But when a new comer made a play I had a lot of trouble finding out who it was n defense. Is #10 Davis?

Hutson has 3 deep threats, 4 if you count Bennett, but he doesn't have a deep ball. I'm hoping he can be a game manager because he looks about as proficient as he did late last season. The drop off from Murray will be painful.

hutson has enough arm strength to throw the long ball. if you saw today's game and you were disappointed then we were watching different games. mason had a great day. he is what we believe he is.. he has a very good handle of the offense and does a good job finding the open guy.. does he have a great arm? nope, but he has enough arm to make the throws he needs to. i don't get the negativity at all regarding mason. he isn't murray, but that's an unfair comparison to a guy who has most of the sec alltime passing records. regarding the dropoff there will be one of course, but i don't believe it will be huge. mason needs to not try to do it all.. he needs to let his playmakers make plays and we will be fine.

He'll likely be a better stopgap than Cox was. But in the 2 full games late last season, some mop up duty, and now Spring game as the #1, there just doesn't look to be much to get all that excited about. Put another way, I'm not convinced the guy could ever take the game into his hands and win a game for you. He seemed slightly more patient today than he did against Nebraska but he's playing in a non-contact jersey.

He'll likely be a better stopgap than Cox was. But in the 2 full games late last season, some mop up duty, and now Spring game as the #1, there just doesn't look to be much to get all that excited about. Put another way, I'm not convinced the guy could ever take the game into his hands and win a game for you. He seemed slightly more patient today than he did against Nebraska but he's playing in a non-contact jersey.

what you are seeing isn't what i am seeing with mason. all he did in his 1st two full starts ever was throw for more than 300 yards both times and he had the game on the line against georgia tech and he made some nice throws in that game.. he also had the throws to win the game against nebraska with the game on the line and wooten and lynch dropped them. you might need to rewatch those games because the game was on the line and he did produce. his issue in both those games was he started out slow and it took him some time to get comfortable which is understandable since they were his 1st two games he has started. for you to expect him in his 1st two starts to be murray isn't reasonable at all. mason doesn't need to be murray, but he is good enough if he doesn't press to lead us to a great season.