Offensive Tackle Kaycee Ike Is Scheduled For A Private Workout

theProf

Alabama-Birmingham offensive tackle Kaycee Ike is scheduled for a private workout with the Atlanta Falcons on April 15, according to a league source.

The 6-foot-4, 294-pound All-Conference USA honorable-mention selection ran the 40-yard dash in 5.02 seconds at his campus Pro Day workout.

Ike bench pressed 225 pounds 22 times.

He registered an 8-10 broad jump and a 26-inch vertical leap.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun

Follow @footballpost on Twitter for the latest news

This story originally appeared on Nationalfootballpost.com

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source-alabama-birmingham-ot-kaycee-103044356--nfl.html

NFL Draft Interview” UAB’s Kaycee Ike

The NFL Draft is right around the corner and players all over the country are getting ready to prove why they should be picked up by a team. Today we interview UAB’s Kaycee Ike about his accomplishments.

Joe Gaiter: What does football mean to you?

Kaycee Ike: Football means everything to me. I don’t know where my life would be would be without it. I didn’t start playing football until my freshman year in high school. I don’t think I would be where I’m at without it. I’ve been able to apply the lessons learned in football to real life. I don’t think there’s another sport out there that can teach you values for the rest of your life. My teammates through the years have become lifelong friends and that’s what so good about this game. It brings people together through all walks of life that may never meet each other if it wasn’t for football. I’m just blessed to be in this position to play this wonderful game.

Joe Gaiter: How will you elevate your game to the next level?

Kaycee Ike: I will elevate my game to the next level by working on my technique as much as I can. I’m working out at D1 sports in Birmingham, AL. They are all about helping you get better in every aspect of your game and getting you in the best shape you’ve ever been in before. I can’t help but to love this facility.

Joe Gaiter: What are your biggest strengths on the field?

Kaycee Ike: I would say my knowledge of the game, athleticism and being physical. Over my career, I pride myself in anticipating the next move of the defense and using tips to see what comes next. Also, my athleticism because it helps me handle speedy pass rushers and get a quicker first step on defenders. Playing offensive line you have to be more physical than the guy across from you so I pride myself on that too

Joe Gaiter: Explain your stats from the last year?

I started the whole season last year. I didn’t give up any sacks this past season. I also graded out above 80 percent in all the games this season.

Joe Gaiter: Why should any NFL team give you a chance?

Kaycee Ike: I come to work everyday and give 110 percent no matter what the circumstances are. When a NFL team takes me they are getting a guy who will always has something to prove. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to help the team out. I also feel like I can take coaching very well because I see it as constructive criticism, which is beneficial to becoming better as a player. This is has been my dream since I was little to play in NFL and any opportunity I get will be a blessing.

Joe Gaiter: Who is your favorite player in the NFL and why?

Kaycee Ike: My favorite player in the NFL is Aaron Rodgers. He always comes on the field to beat out anybody against him. He is a cerebral assassin on the football field. He plays with a chip on his shoulder and I feel like I do the same thing. People always told me I didn’t have some abilities to be good. I always remember them when I step on the field because without them I wouldn’t be in this position.

Joe Gaiter: What has been your biggest accomplishment so far as a player?

Kaycee Ike: I think my biggest accomplishment in my career is being able to say not giving any sacks up my senior year and starting the last two seasons of my collegiate career. Not letting defensive linemen to the quarterback is a must so I pride myself on that.

http://expandedsports.com/2014/02/nfl-draft-interview-uabs-kaycee-ike/

Whoooooooooooooo ? Whaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt ?

Kaycee Ike transforms his body, becomes leader for UAB football team

By Drew Champlin | dchamplin@al.com

Follow on Twitter

on April 01, 2013 at 1:11 PM

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Kaycee Ike had played sparingly over his first three years at UAB, but came alive after head coach Garrick McGee and Director of Sports Enhancement (strength and conditioning coach) Dwayne Chandler arrived at UAB.

Ike bought into the training program and earned a starting spot last year at strong tackle. This year, the senior has moved to quick tackle this spring, the spot vacated by NFL prospect and all-conference lineman Chris Hubbard.

Not only will he be counted on to lead a now-experienced offensive line, but here's what McGee had to say about him on Saturday.

"He's the strongest guy on the team," McGee said. "He upped his bench 75 pounds or something ridiculous like that. He's completely changed his body. He gets through all the workouts. He's running well and he's moving well.

UAB offensive tackle Kaycee Ike Ike, a senior, is the strongest person on the team.

"I've been very impressed with Kaycee. He's an upperclassmen and he's a guy that has a lot of respect on this team."

The bench press is now 400 pounds, Ike said, up from around 315 when McGee and Chandler got to UAB around 15 months ago.

"It's a great deal of accomplishment to them that they got my bench up and I trusted their system to get up to their level," Ike said.

Ike didn't get introduced to football until ninth grade. The 6-foot-5, 293-pound Ike said one of his high school coaches, Dennis Roland, challenged him to improve his game and get it ready for the next level.

Roland coached Ike for one season and later died of cancer. Ike finished playing at Central Gwinnett High School in Lawrenceville, Ga., playing for Ed Stokes.

At first, Ike was going to play for a new program in Georgia State, but changed his mind and committed to UAB after a visit and signed with the Blazers in 2009.

He redshirted that year, didn't play in 2010 and played sparingly in 2011 before becoming a starter last year.

"It was hard at first, but I always knew I had to keep grinding every single day and persevere, knowing that one day I would get my chance to shine and last year I was grateful for that chance," Ike said.

Last year, Hubbard was the only experienced offensive lineman coming into the year. Ike relishes taking his spot at quick tackle.

"I'm not really the one to crumble under pressure," Ike said. "I welcome it. I like that pressure and I like to handle that responsibility. I think I've matured to the point where I can accept it and it's a challenge, but I know if I work as hard as I am now, come gameday it will be a breeze."

UAB defensive lineman Deric Scott faces off against Ike in practice, and likes what he sees out of the fellow senior.

"He's gotten better," Scott said. "Feet-wise, technique-wise, trusting his technique and trusting the coaching staff and what he's supposed to be doing on the plays and how he's supposed to play after he gets tired. He's come a long way."

Ike sees bigger things for the program in McGee's second year after the Blazers went 3-9 last season.

"It's more excitement, more spirited this year," Ike said. "Last year, I think we were trying to feel things out. We've seen the benefits when we're doing things the right way and doing what Coach McGee wants. I feel like the sky's the limit for us."

http://www.al.com/sp...s_his_body.html

So many forums. So little research. I'm terrible about that.

Check it out. It's been up for months, and gets updated daily. Pretty much the moment that something hits twitter, it's there. It's also only reports on college prospects, that we've shown interest in. If you want to know, who we've been looking at, it's the best place to go. http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3996660-2014-prospects-the-falcons-have-shown-interest-in/page__st__260

Sorry for the repeat. It just came out on YahooSports today, didn't realize it was old news.

Don't worry about it. The only ones that knew about it already, were the twitter stalkers, like myself, down in NFL Draft and FA. If we've shown interest in a prospect, it's almost always posted there first. For instance, this was first reported early Friday morning by Rai. It's usually there the moment that it hits twitter. Do feel free to frequent it though. It's totally worth it.

But more seriously, you're posting quite a bit, about a guy that's projected to go undrafted. Was there something that you really liked about him?

I don't know anything about this particular prospect. I started this topic thread because I thought it was new info on another private workout by the Falcons. Many of the Falcons draft picks over the past years, and especially during Dimitroff's tenure, have been involved in private workouts by the Falcons. I then googled this player, and posted what I thought was good additional info on him, hence the additional postings.

I don't know anything about this particular prospect. I posted the thread because I thought it was new info on another private workout by the Falcons. Many of the Falcons draft picks over the past years, and especially during Dimitroff's tenure, have been involved in private workouts by the Falcons. I googled this player, and posted what I thought was good additional info on him, hence the additional postings.

Thank Prof for the info.

Don't worry about it. The only ones that knew about it already, were the twitter stalkers, like myself, down in NFL Draft and FA. If we've shown interest in a prospect, it's almost always posted there first. For instance, this was first reported early Friday morning by Rai. It's usually there the moment that it hits twitter. Do feel free to frequent it though. It's totally worth it.

I know that the "Prospect's that the Falcons have Shown an Interest In" topic thread is very good. Matter of fact, I was one of the first posters to do this thread a good many years back. I did the Prospect topic thread for about two years, and then let other posters do it after me. That particular topic thread is a lot of work to keep current and updated. I think there has been at least three different posters who have continued this thread since I last did it. Since the draft is still a good bit away, I have not read that particular thread lately, and hence was not aware of the Falcon's interest in Kaycee Ike.

Private workout! That must mean we are taking him at #6...ph34r.png

No but the Falcons might take him in the 7th round with picks #220, or #253, or #255. I do think that Atlanta will take two offensive tackles in this draft; an early-rounder and a late-rounder.

I don't know anything about this particular prospect. I started this topic thread because I thought it was new info on another private workout by the Falcons. Many of the Falcons draft picks over the past years, and especially during Dimitroff's tenure, have been involved in private workouts by the Falcons. I then googled this player, and posted what I thought was good additional info on him, hence the additional postings.

Yeah, I was more referring to the three different articles about him, than anything. I'm actually kinda surprised that there's that many articles about the Falcons working out some low tier OT.