How Many Front 7 Players Do We Carry On The 53 ?

I'm going to say about 14-15 Looking at what we currently have that I think have a chance to stick on the final roster, we have 14. I am not including Matthews in the equation as I see him as a sure fire cut.

When you figure in the scheme versatile guys , those guys are keepers in Nolans system. It looks to me that we got room for one more pure 3-4 OLBer and maybe one more guy that can slide from DT to DE like Tuitt.

If Tuitt is sitting there at top of round 2, that is one helluva piece to add for our defense moving beyond 2014 and paired with Tyson Jackson. Obviously the biggest bubble guys on the below list are Jerry and Maponga.

The guy I would love to add is Attaochu, but I see little hope he is there at top of second, gonna be hard to land either him or Mack at our present draft positions.

Mack and Clowney will be off the board at #6. If we pulled the trigger on Matthews at that point we could draft Tuitt with our second and very good possibility Van Noy could be on the board at the top of third.

I guess my point is Matthews would be a Ferrari pick /coup for us and we still could land a couple guys like Tuitt and Van Noy to add to the mix below already on board.

Get a RB TE FS/ OL/ WR depth rest of draft

Solai

Peters

Babs

Jerry

Jackson

Beerman

Osi

Goodman

Mass

Maponga

Spoon

Worrilow

Bartu

Dent

Guest King Jigsaw

1. Paul Soliai

2. Corey Peters

3. Tyson Jackson

4. Jonathan Babineaux

5. Peria Jerry

6. Kroy Biermann

7. Osi Umenyiora

8. Jonathan Massaquoia

9. Paul Worrilow

10. Sean Weatherspoon

11. Joplo Bartu

12. Akeem Dent

13. Mallicaih Goodman

14. Stansley Maponga

That's 14 before the draft. You have to figure we're going to add a Clowney/Mack/Attaochu/Van Noy or something of the sort as well as a back up NT like Jones/Kerr/Ellis because Peters is no true NT, especially after his injury. We could also look in improve LB depth if we are going to see more of the 3-4 because Worrilow, Spoon, Dent and maybe Biermann just isn't good enough of an ILB core. So depending on the draft we could see something in the 16-18 range.

1. Paul Soliai

2. Corey Peters

3. Tyson Jackson

4. Jonathan Babineaux

5. Peria Jerry

6. Kroy Biermann

7. Osi Umenyiora

8. Jonathan Massaquoia

9. Paul Worrilow

10. Sean Weatherspoon

11. Joplo Bartu

12. Akeem Dent

13. Mallicaih Goodman

14. Stansley Maponga

That's 14 before the draft. You have to figure we're going to add a Clowney/Mack/Attaochu/Van Noy or something of the sort as well as a back up NT like Jones/Kerr/Ellis because Peters is no true NT, especially after his injury. We could also look in improve LB depth if we are going to see more of the 3-4 because Worrilow, Spoon, Dent and maybe Biermann just isn't good enough of an ILB core. So depending on the draft we could see something in the 16-18 range.

Really depends on how the draft plays out as who we add I think Marcus Smith is a guy who we could get early round 3.

But I think Jerry could get cut as he deal isn't guaranteed not sure though.

Does anybody know how many we carried Last year?

Wish there were some vet RT we could trade for so we could go

Mack

Tuitt

TE

with the first 3. The front 7 would be solidified dramatically.

As it is, we'll need an OT early as well, but the above draft would be nifty.

That would be sweet, if only just one of the RT canidates ( Holmes, BearJew, Johnson Schraeder ) could actually seize the day, would be a perfect scenario, but again I can not sink my faith into that and I think Mack is off the board at #6, and I see Attaatcho as a late first. So if Matthews is THERE ....

1. Paul Soliai

2. Corey Peters

3. Tyson Jackson

4. Jonathan Babineaux

5. Peria Jerry

6. Kroy Biermann

7. Osi Umenyiora

8. Jonathan Massaquoia

9. Paul Worrilow

10. Sean Weatherspoon

11. Joplo Bartu

12. Akeem Dent

13. Mallicaih Goodman

14. Stansley Maponga

I can actually see 4 guys on the list that are not sacred cows and could very possibly be kicked to the curb ....

in the past it's roughly 15 in the front 7 ---5/6 LBs and 10/9 D-line for the base 4-3 formation

and about 10 DBs

it's been as low as 23 on D and as high as 27 on D ----different years

Yup 10 last year in DL and 5 LBs

6 DEs I think and 4 DTs ..,not sure thiugh