Saturday Mock 4-5-14

bigjmw84

Hou: Blake Bortles- O'brien wont pass up on getting a Ben Rothlisberger clone to replace Schaub with. Fitzpatrick would serve as training wheels for 2 or 3 games at best before holding a clipboard.

STL:Greg Robinson- Saffold cant stay healthy and Long is approaching 30 recovering from ACL. It makes perfect sense for STL if they decide to stay put.

Jax:Jadeveon Clowney-While Mack may seem to be a better fit, Jax wont let Clowney get past them for any reason. Will be a good LEO.

Cle:Johnny Manziel- Regardless of what they are saying, they are enamored with the thought of having Johnny Football. They wont hesitate. Could grab Lee or Cooks to pair with Gordon with their other 1st round pick.

Oak:Jake Mathews- Watkins would be a flashy pick at #5, but continuing to revamp their oline for Schaub/MJD/Dmac will reap big dividends. They can get a starting calibre WR in the 2nd anyway.

Atlanta's draft selections

1st: K.Mack- We run to the podium like mad men to get the guy who fits our scheme like a glove.

2nd:M.Moses-Instant upgrade at RT with the ability to become a solid LT when Baker is gone.

*We trade our 3rd-#68(250 pt) and 4th-#103(88pts) (338 pts Total) to Indy for their 2nd-#59(310pts) and 5th-#168(25pts)

2nd:T.Murphy-He is the definition of tough and gritty. can play in either scheme as a DE/LB player. Would pair well opposite Mack.

4th:Kenny Ladler-Underrated player who will be an even better pro.

5th:Zack Kerr- Stout S.O.B with the athleticism to get after the QB.

5th:Storm Johnson- Very underrated guy who could easily carve out playing time in season one if pass pro is on point.

6th:Colt Lyerla-We have to take a risk sometime. This will be the time to roll the dice.

7th:Trey Millard-Although he is injured, Millard would be a good match for our offense

7th:Garrison Smith- I have been a high on him for a while. Potential sleeper pick with early production ability.

7th:Andrew JacksonHas potential to be a good ILB in the pro's, but needs to play with more focus, and keep weight down.

QB:Ryan/Renfree

FB:Millard/Dimarco

RB:SJax/Quizz/Storm

TE:Toilolo/Lyerla

WR:Julio/Davis/D.Johnson

WR:White/Douglass/Hester

LT:Baker/Holmes

LG:Blalock/Schraeder

OC:Hawley/Konz

RG:Asomoah/Carimi

RT:Moses/Johnson/Schraeder

traditional 43

DE:Mass/Mack/Osi/Maponga

DT:Soliai/Kerr/C.Peters

DT:Jackson/Babs/G.Smith

DE:Murphy/BiermannGoodman

WLB:Spoon/Bartu

MLB:Worrilow/Dent

SLB:Mack/Biermann

CB:Trufant/McClain

FS:Bush/Ladler

SS:Moore/Motta

CB:Alford/Arenas

3-4/4-3under looks

LEO :Mack/Mass/Osi

3tech:Babs/Peters/Jerry

1tech:Soliai/Kerr

5tech:Jackson/Goodman/G.Smith

SAM:Murphy/Biermann

WILL:Spoon/Bartu

MIKE:Worrilow/Dent

CB:Trufant/McClain

FS:Bush/Ladler

SS:Moore/Motta

CB:Alford/Arenas

Wow. Murphy in the 4th? If that somehow happens, Im all over that.At #59 our only options for a pass rusher would be Demarcus Lawrence, Marcus Smith, Bradford, Van Noy(maybe), or T. Murphy(IMO). With Mack and Moses filling our biggest needs, TE would be a legit option. I dont think we will if we have an opportunity to make our passrush even more formidable. Who would you pick at #59 in this scenario?

Edited by bigjmw84

Wow. Murphy in the 4th? If that somehow happens, Im all over that.At #59 our only options for a pass rusher would be Demarcus Lawrence, Marcus Smith, Bradford, Van Noy(maybe), or T. Murphy(IMO). With Mack and Moses filling our biggest needs, TE would be a legit option. I dont think we will if we have an opportunity to make our passrush even more formidable. Who would you pick at #59 in this scenario?

i take marcus smith, van noy or the best TE available personally. Not a big fan of murphy

Yea, he's my sleeper to fall further than people expect. He's not overly explosive and is not overly strong. Those bench reps are going to make people think twice.

At #59, I'd rather go TE. If we go Mack at #6, we have one pass rushing spot filled. The other will have Mass, Osi and Kroy. We don't have a good TE or even depth.

Yea, he's my sleeper to fall further than people expect. He's not overly explosive and is not overly strong. Those bench reps are going to make people think twice.

At #59, I'd rather go TE. If we go Mack at #6, we have one pass rushing spot filled. The other will have Mass, Osi and Kroy. We don't have a good TE or even depth.

I actually think Trent Murphy is a little underrated. I would love to come out of this draft with an offensive tackle and two "tweener" pass rushers.