Alex Mack Meets With Jaguars

I really wanted him when he was a FA. We're a legit C away from a solid O-Line in front of Matty and Sjax.

IMO, this says to me that Jags are looking for a QB high in the draft. I think Jags draft a QB 3rd overall. I still think 2 QBs go in the top 5. But this could also be good for us if the Browns all of a sudden need to a look at O-Linemen in the draft.

Guest King Jigsaw

I honestly am eating some crow right now. I told people many times that there was no way Mack left the grasp of the Cleveland Browns. I admit that I was wrong.

If he doesn't sign with the Jags, I honestly would say screw it and sign Mack, push Hawley to back-up (what he's actually qualified to do) and then let best man win between Konz and Carimi for back-up RG behind Asamoah.

I honestly am eating some crow right now. I told people many times that there was no way Mack left the grasp of the Cleveland Browns. I admit that I was wrong.

If he doesn't sign with the Jags, I honestly would say screw it and sign Mack, push Hawley to back-up (what he's actually qualified to do) and then let best man win between Konz and Carimi for back-up RG behind Asamoah.

I have no link or evidance for this but I think we may've been looking at Jarius Byrd as our big splash FA. I know we're not getting Mack and many are agianst paying a C a lotta money. But I wish we had the Mack brothers on this team: Alex and Khalil. Then, we coulda definitely pushed OT back as a priority and taken one in 2nd or 3rd round.

we dont have the cap to sign Mack. Jags do.

I have no link or evidance for this but I think we may've been looking at Jarius Byrd as our big splash FA. I know we're not getting Mack and many are agianst paying a C a lotta money. But I wish we had the Mack brothers on this team: Alex and Khalil. Then, we coulda definitely pushed OT back as a priority and taken one in 2nd or 3rd round.

I pray TD was never stupid enough to pay a safety $9-10 million a year. I'm glad the Aints got him if that's the case

Guest King Jigsaw

I forgot about the transition tag, honestly. I haven't been following the Mack situation just because, like I said, I automatically wrote him off as being a Brown in 2014.

I was thinking that if he was still on the market this long that his price tag must have dropped within our grasp. If the Saints could sign Byrd and Champ, I'm sure we could figure out how to grab Mack if we really wanted him. That transition tag, as Mr. Minion (much respect for that) states, really is the deal breaker.

Wait I thought Mack wanted to get away from losing organizations...why would he go to Jacksonville?

Cleveland must be pretty **** sorry if he is that desperate.

The weather sucks *** in Cleveland. And Jacksonville is actually attempting to put it together. I guess there are degrees of suck. Cleveland will always be the "Mistake by the lake"!

We would have to massively over pay Mack to even get him anything reasonable and the Browns just match it it would take probably something like 10+ mil a year to get him and that's just to much for a center and really any OLmen unless he's the best LT in the league

I forgot about the transition tag, honestly. I haven't been following the Mack situation just because, like I said, I automatically wrote him off as being a Brown in 2014.

I was thinking that if he was still on the market this long that his price tag must have dropped within our grasp. If the Saints could sign Byrd and Champ, I'm sure we could figure out how to grab Mack if we really wanted him. That transition tag, as Mr. Minion (much respect for that) states, really is the deal breaker.

The saints will pay in the long run

These moves may make them have to cut brees in 2-3 seasons or he'll have to take a huge pay cut they also cut move Evans as well to free up more money off needed in the future.

They have made the moves to win now while they still have brees so they probably only have a 2-3 year window its really a smart move.

Even then I don't think adding bryd makes them that much better but if they really added another player like Sammy Watkins to that offense with Graham now that would be scary I think they got better but not that much better.