I Might Be In The Minority With Thinking This..

YoungHeezy

Taylor Lewan looks like a project to me, i haven't seen a single video that would make me feel good about drafting him.

Robinson has twice the upside that Matthews has but Matthews may be better his 1st year, but Robinson could very easily be the best OT in the league in a couple years.

If Robinson is on the board at 6, you thank whatever deity you worship and run to the podium.

No way Jack! Most have Greg Robinson in the top 4. He's a badazz. Some of you cats are going to Fin crawl up into the fetal position and cry if Atlanta takes a tackle. I mean it's so prevalent on these boards it ridiculous. We all see Grob on film where he dominates the **** out of everyone and occasionally gets outmaneuvered by a finesse, speed rusher. The facts are it ain't nearly half as bad as some of you are saying. Auburn ran the dam football and you folks know it. Grob is as good a talent as there has been in 10 years at tackle and has every stinking tool in the book to enable him to pick up his pass blocking skills. I swear some of you dudes are setting yourselves up for some serious disappointment. You have your hands over your ears, humming...so that you don't have to hear anything about us nabbing a big badazz tackle. I would be one happy mofo if that joker was staring at us at #6!! You can bet your butt that if Grob was sitting there I think TD would sprint to the podium with our card...

No way Jack! Most have Greg Robinson in the top 4. He's a badazz. Some of you cats are going to Fin crawl up into the fetal position and cry if Atlanta takes a tackle. I mean it's so prevalent on these boards it ridiculous. We all see Grob on film where he dominates the **** out of everyone and occasionally gets outmaneuvered by a finesse, speed rusher. The facts are it ain't nearly half as bad as some of you are saying. Auburn ran the dam football and you folks know it. Grob is as good a talent as there has been in 10 years at tackle and has every stinking tool in the book to enable him to pick up his pass blocking skills. I swear some of you dudes are setting yourselves up for some serious disappointment. You have your hands over your ears, humming...so that you don't have to hear anything about us nabbing a big badazz tackle. I would be one happy mofo if that joker was staring at us at #6!! You can bet your butt that if Grob was sitting there I think TD would sprint to the podium with our card...

No one has answered this question yet. What do the top three have in common?

Taylor Lewan looks like a project to me, i haven't seen a single video that would make me feel good about drafting him.

Robinson has twice the upside that Matthews has but Matthews may be better his 1st year, but Robinson could very easily be the best OT in the league in a couple years.

If Robinson is on the board at 6, you thank whatever deity you worship and run to the podium.

Robinson has twice the upside but has the biggest bust appeal of the bunch to me

But I think Greg Robinson is way too raw as a pass protector to spend the 6th pick on and stick at right tackle with how much we pass, and Jake Matthews doesn't seem physical enough at ALL to man the right side. We have a oft injured "technician" on the left side of the line already, and while Sam Baker performs relatively well when he isn't hurt, I don't think it would be ideal to draft a LT to play RT (even though he played it in college). I honestly expect both tackles to get worked over as rookies, even tho Robinson from a physical standpoint has tremendous upside.

Taylor Lewan seems to be the most rugged of the group in both phases (run blocking and pass blocking) and would be my T of choice if we traded down rather than up for a pass rusher.

I agree. Robinson looks more and more like a G in NFL the more I watch him. I slightly disagree on Matthews. The rt in today's game is different than when teams only had one pass rusher. Now the rt has to be able to pass block almost as well as the LT. Evidence of that showed last year in our RT carasoul. Jake will be fine.

I like lewan's swagger and attitude. Just nasty

I like Lewan a lot too and like his nastiness.

Does anyone else remember reading a post here from a guy who goes to school at Michigan? He mentioned that a girl claimed a teammate raped her and Lewan supposedly told the girl he would rape her if she went to the police. I hate even mentioning it because I'm not sure I have the quote completely right. I also hate even bringing up something like that if it's not true.

If it is true I don't want that guy anywhere close to being a Falcon because that's really messed up. I have no idea if it's true though so I'm definitely not saying it is.

I just don't get this notion that Matthews can't play RT even though he was a first round prospect at the position just last year if he came out. It's not based on anything factual that Matthews can't play RT in the NFL.

But I think Greg Robinson is way too raw as a pass protector to spend the 6th pick on and stick at right tackle with how much we pass, and Jake Matthews doesn't seem physical enough at ALL to man the right side.

1421.gif

This is another reason why we need to focus on defense in the first round.

But I think Greg Robinson is way too raw as a pass protector to spend the 6th pick on and stick at right tackle with how much we pass, and Jake Matthews doesn't seem physical enough at ALL to man the right side. We have a oft injured "technician" on the left side of the line already, and while Sam Baker performs relatively well when he isn't hurt, I don't think it would be ideal to draft a LT to play RT (even though he played it in college). I honestly expect both tackles to get worked over as rookies, even tho Robinson from a physical standpoint has tremendous upside.

Taylor Lewan seems to be the most rugged of the group in both phases (run blocking and pass blocking) and would be my T of choice if we traded down rather than up for a pass rusher.

His inexperience as a pass protector is the reason why I view him as a project.

Teams move their #1 pass rushers around more than ever in today's NFL so he will see some top pass rushers in games with teams that have one. There are also some left-side edge rushers that are either a #1 or a #2 pass rusher that is good enough to be a #1 in the NFL.

He has not really had to block pass rushers on an island in college, which he will have to do in the NFL. Robinson is very athletic and powerful but he will still have to sharpen his technique skills as a pass protector or else his athletic ability will not mean much.

If the Falcons take an OT at 6, he should be more proven as a pass protector than what Robinson is so far if you want him to solidify Ryan's protection from day 1.

^^^^^