Falcons Listed As 2Nd Most Likely Landing Spot For Cj2K. Article Inside

xskyx

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000339444/article/chris-johnson-tracker-jets-leading-the-charge?campaign=Twitter_atl_wesseling

. Atlanta Falcons: Despite a ProFootballTalk report to the contrary, Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean isn't willing to surrender his original contention that the Falcons are a fit. There's reason to trust Wyatt's instincts, as Rapoport reports the Falcons and Bills were among the teams talking trade.

yep just watched the video I don't care if we get him he is 28 years old but we also need to try out the guys we already have and maby draft a new one but we REALLY need a full back and OT if our guys cant open a hole for them it wont matter who runs the ball fix the dang line and then we will see a better run game

As soon as he suggested the first time, Vaughn consulted his sources, and shortly thereafter posted how we weren't pursuing him. I expect this time to be no different. Having internal discussions about a player, and actually pursuing them, are two different things. We talk internally about a lot of players, but we only pursue a few.

I had no idea so many members of the falcons staff and draft war room posted on TATF. So many facts and definite decisions posted right here BEFORE the draft. I get early info and i'm hanging out with stars!

Edited by Dusty

Give me CJ. That gives you SJax, CJ, Quizz and Smith. We all know SJax is going to go down after the first game, so why not have a feature back with crazy speed? Quizz is nothing but a shorter SJax. We have two running backs that are 4.6 or slower in Quizz and SJax. We don't play Smith.

This gives you a back for 2 years, cut SJax next year in a deep RB class. Use this draft to dominate the LOS. Signing a RB would free up a 4th/5th round pick. Same as signing Bush frees up a 2nd/3rd round pick.

Give me CJ. That gives you SJax, CJ, Quizz and Smith. We all know SJax is going to go down after the first game, so why not have a feature back with crazy speed? Quizz is nothing but a shorter SJax. We have two running backs that are 4.6 or slower in Quizz and SJax. We don't play Smith.

This gives you a back for 2 years, cut SJax next year in a deep RB class. Use this draft to dominate the LOS. Signing a RB would free up a 4th/5th round pick. Same as signing Bush frees up a 2nd/3rd round pick.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

If he signs with us it would probably be because of Scott Pioli. Even though Pioli didn't draft Jamaal Charles, he did play on his team and seen what speed can do. Home run threat playing with two pro-bowl receivers. Jackson can pound the opponents to death and when they get tire, CJ could put his speed on them.

So we're the 2'nd most likely landing spot because some guy thinks we'd be a good fit?

Seems legit.

There's a reason that we Didn't trade for him. A good one too; We don't need him.

Why trade for him when you can wait until he's released to sign him to your own team friendly deal?

We have Snellings open spot. We won't be cutting jax

Yeah because it has to do with roster space. Chris Johnson has pretty much done nothing but complain about a lack of touches for the last few seasons. Unless we overpay him, he isn't going to come share a backfield with anyone who isn't definitively his backup.

We'd be so dumb to tie up good money in two older RB's

define " good money"

we have right around 9 million to spend... if we get bush it will be 6.5-7 or so .

We still have a couple needs but they all can be filled in the draft ( we have as of now 10 draft picks)

If the deal was reasonable ( 2-3 milllion) there is not a single good reason why NOT to bring in Johnson