Matthews ... A Sexy Pick At Six ?

I think Matthews will be a probowl type tackle for many years to come in the NFL and its starting to look like he very well may be our first pick . Would you be excited if this happens ?

Okay, I just need to mention that I HATE when people call things like this "sexy". Literally the dumbest expression. Just say the "exciting" pick or the "flashy" pick. Calling a draft pick "sexy" just sounds so weird

I would be ok with Mathews but I prefer Robinson because I think he will be the better RT, which us what we need right now, yet he'll transition into a quality LT when baker moves on. However, I would ultimately like clowney at 6, but I doubt he'll be still on the board at 6, though anything is possible. Everyone was shocked last year when Miami traded up to #3 to get Dion Jordan.

I would be ok with Mathews but I prefer Robinson because I think he will be the better RT, which us what we need right now, yet he'll transition into a quality LT when baker moves on. However, I would ultimately like clowney at 6, but I doubt he'll be still on the board at 6, though anything is possible. Everyone was shocked last year when Miami traded up to #3 to get Dion Jordan.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Robinson have better pass blocking skills but is raw at run blocking? RT is suppose to be better at run blocking, or so I think.wouldn't that make Matthews better suited at RT?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Robinson have better pass blocking skills but is raw at run blocking? RT is suppose to be better at run blocking, or so I think.wouldn't that make Matthews better suited at RT?

The opposite, Grob is raw @ pass blocking and good @ run blocking. Matthews is a well rounded beast who will get better.

The opposite, Grob is raw @ pass blocking and good @ run blocking. Matthews is a well rounded beast who will get better.

Ahh thanks. I'll admit I really don't know a ton about any of the OT prospects. I'll read up on them tonight. What about Lewan? What makes him special?

my god a RT at #6 would break my heart. yea i know most here will swear he is being groomed to take over for baker in 2 yrs and yada yada. i want a pass rusher or a trade down

Yep. I want a **** pass rusher already. It is like 4 years overdue

I think Matthews will be a probowl type tackle for many years to come in the NFL and its starting to look like he very well may be our first pick . Would you be excited if this happens ?

I would be thrilled. Absolutely thrilled. I would prefer him to Clowney. I think solidifying our line is vital to this season. Nothing we can do will turn this defense in to Seattle's this season. However, to combat Seattle's pass rush a strong OLine is critical.