Signing Bush Caused Saints To Sign Champ

Great move on our part. Not only do we get a capable player at safety, but they have responded by signing a rapidly deteriorating player that gets burned repeatedly. I imagine they will use Champ in the nickel and sometimes in the safety role. The guy just doesn't have it anymore, and I can't wait to see Julio or frankly any other receiver on our team run right past him.

The way this offseason has gone for the saints, I'm pretty confident if they wanted to sign Chris Johnson at 10 mil a year they could do it with the 1.9 million of cap space they had before signing Champ.

I swear the NFL is fixed. All the offseason reports had them as not having much money and having a big issue with figuring out how to sign Graham. Then they sign one of highest free agent contracts this year and keep making other moves. Malcolm Jenkins wasnt making that much money....

Didn't they lose 2 or 3 corners this off season so Bush still may be an option for them to return

And Champ is a liability out there even if he's matched up with a TE he simply can stay with WRs anymore if I were a team I'd motion the guys he matched up on almost every play so he couldn't get his hands on them to hold them.

I swear the NFL is fixed. All the offseason reports had them as not having much money and having a big issue with figuring out how to sign Graham. Then they sign one of highest free agent contracts this year and keep making other moves. Malcolm Jenkins wasnt making that much money....

I agree. I'm in no way a conspiracy theorist and I'm always looking for the logical explanation but I remember them being over the cap to start FA which is why they had to cut Smith, Vilma, and Harper just to get back under the cap. Who else have they cut? Did they restructure any major contracts? or are they literally signing these guys to long-term deals and making the first year cap hit 1 mil per player average? It doesn't make any logical sense and that continues to drive me crazy.

The Saints reportedly have a $7M 2 year deal with Bailey. They could have/still can sign Bush for less. The 2 moves are not related.

Opposing fans have been claiming cap **** for 5 years and counting....it's not an issue.

You have 2 mil in Cap space and now even less after the Bailey signing. There is literally no possible way for you to sign Bush. The money is not there. no "Loomis Magic" this time. Youmad?

Neither signing means shyt. Neither will be more than an extra body on the depth chart.

You sound like the only bird here with sense... Bailey is depth and Vet Mentor/Experience/extra body.. Bush signed to any team will be depth/extra body..

Dunno why everybody getting their panties tied in a knot.

Edited by WhoDatSwagga

No. Bush is a solid , up and coming player. He would be a lock to be our starting FS. Could be the steal of the century by TD if this pans out as expected.

I guess, Falcons obviously NEED him more than Saints do, Saints had the money to re-sign Bush 2 times over with the amount of money they signed Bailey for and he's admittedly on a decline if im basing him off just last year..

On our team he would have been just an extra body.. Maybe the Falcons have a top position for him that would be the best route for him to go if i was him because he's not getting started on Saints roster.

Edited by WhoDatSwagga

It's funny how many , GED card waving couch huggin mo fo's are always amazed that an NFL GM is better at salary cap strategy than they are.

I guess, Falcons obviously NEED him more than Saints do, Saints had the money to re-sign Bush 2 times over with the amount of money they signed Bailey for and he's admittedly on a decline if im basing him off just last year..

On our team he would have been just an extra body.. Maybe the Falcons have a top position for him that would be the best route for him to go if i was him because he's not getting started on Saints roster.

He is still better than Decoud. And we will probably draft someone and let them compete so the worst case scenario is that we upgrade the position from last year and the best case scenario is that the rookie comes in and improves it even better.

Rob Ryan's scheme relies heavily on 3 Safety sets and Bush played a significant amount of snaps as he was a key piece. On top of that he was versatile. I guess Loomis was hoping nobody would notice him and hoping to keep him for cheap, seeing as the Saints are extremely Cap strapped. There is no doubt that if you had any cap space left, the offer would have been matched without batting an eye. But nope, we will take him thank you very much. Yup you are right, he will be a tremendous asset to this team.

Rob Ryan's scheme relies heavily on 3 Safety sets and Bush played a significant amount of snaps as he was a key piece. On top of that he was versatile. I guess Loomis was hoping nobody would notice him and hoping to keep him for cheap, seeing as the Saints are extremely Cap strapped. There is no doubt that if you had any cap space left, the offer would have been matched without batting an eye. But nope, we will take him thank you very much. Yup you are right, he will be a tremendous asset to this team.

Dude, that's why you're on a message board you have no clue. If the Saint's decide to keep Bush around for another season, what will be your logic?

Great move on our part. Not only do we get a capable player at safety, but they have responded by signing a rapidly deteriorating player that gets burned repeatedly. I imagine they will use Champ in the nickel and sometimes in the safety role. The guy just doesn't have it anymore, and I can't wait to see Julio or frankly any other receiver on our team run right past him.

The Falcons have NOT signed Bush they made him an offer that's evidently better than the tender that NO put on him.

NO had options of upping their offer until 8 Apr 14--if they do not then the Falcons can sign him.

It looks like NO chose to go get the boy from the Canadian league and Bailey instead.

The Falcons still have to way until after 8 Apr 14 before they can sign Bush

You sat up and typed up all this garbage? LMAO!! boy go sit your behind down in a corner somewhere! lmao CHILD PLEASE!

Edited by WhoDatSwagga