How Many Sacks Does Clowney Get In His Rookie Year?

THE ICEMAN

As high as so many are on him let's say he stays healthy his rookie year now many sacks does he get?

I think the elite elite pass rushers can get you 12+ sacks no matter what team or defense they play for.

So will clowney be a 10+ sack guy day one?

If your willing to give up so much for him I think he better be a super impact 10+ sack guy.

Not saying we shouldn't move up for him more so saying if we do I would think it be a bad more if he's not a force day one say he has only 6-7 sacks in his rookie year as he transitions From college to the pros it took a lot of good players a season Mario Williams comes to mind when he struggled then completely dominated year two then ran into the injury bug later in his career.

I'll say he ends up with 7-9 with a 3-4 team and 10+ in a 4-3.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest King Jigsaw

He had 3 last year against college offenses....

College offenses that will be willing to put three guys on him at any one particular play. NFL offenses won't be able to allocate that many resources towards stopping just one guy. This argument is invalid and needs to stop being relied upon as a crutch for the people terrified of the Falcons drafting him.

depends what team he goes to .

7-11 seems reasonable

Not really because if hes really the best defensive player to come out in 20 years like some scouts have said it shouldn't matter what defense he plays in nor what team he goes to.

I think a guy like Bruce Smith or Reggie White would have still been HOFers no matter what defense they played in nor team they played for they were that good.

I'm not that high on clowney I think he's probably the most athletic defensive player to come out in some time but still has a ton of work to do to be a polished player were he can beat you which ever way you let him because when you start running stunts on the inside its tough to double a guy then throw in his ability to beat you around the edge or with a bull rush he can be really really good he just doesn't have all that yet but some praise him as he does and would give up a ton of picks for him I wouldn't but that doesn't mean he's a bad player either.

I looked at all the pass rushing DEs and LBs that were drafted in the first round in the last three years and only two had double digit sacks in their rookie season (Aldon Smith and Von Miller). Everyone else had eight or less. Some had one. Clowney will likely have eight or less. Hardly worth a trade up for. Let's say he breaks the norm and has 10. Will it make our defense that much better? I mean we had a double digit sack man for years and our defense stunk. Lest not forget Nolan prefers ten four sack men to four ten sack men.

I looked at all the pass rushing DEs and LBs that were drafted in the first round in the last three years and only two had double digit sacks in their rookie season (Aldon Smith and Von Miller). Everyone else had eight or less. Some had one. Clowney will likely have eight or less. Hardly worth a trade up for. Let's say he breaks the norm and has 10. Will it make our defense that much better? I mean we had a double digit sack man for years and our defense stunk. Lest not forget Nolan prefers ten four sack men to four ten sack men.

well let's see...a Nolan defense with double digit sack man = 5th in points allowed...a Nolan defense without a double digit sack man = 27th in points allowed

it's like people want to rationalize why we don't need a pass-rush on here

Not really because if hes really the best defensive player to come out in 20 years like some scouts have said it shouldn't matter what defense he plays in nor what team he goes to.

I think a guy like Bruce Smith or Reggie White would have still been HOFers no matter what defense they played in nor team they played for they were that good.

I'm not that high on clowney I think he's probably the most athletic defensive player to come out in some time but still has a ton of work to do to be a polished player were he can beat you which ever way you let him because when you start running stunts on the inside its tough to double a guy then throw in his ability to beat you around the edge or with a bull rush he can be really really good he just doesn't have all that yet but some praise him as he does and would give up a ton of picks for him I wouldn't but that doesn't mean he's a bad player either.

Bruce Smith had 6.5 sacks as a rookie. Lawrence Taylor didn't have 10+ sacks until his 4th season.

Reggie White beasted straight out of college. But for the most part, the best sack artists did not blow it up their rookie season. Strahan had 1 sack as a rookie, for example.

Bruce Smith had 6.5 sacks as a rookie. Lawrence Taylor didn't have 10+ sacks until his 4th season.

Reggie White beasted straight out of college. But for the most part, the best sack artists did not blow it up their rookie season. Strahan had 1 sack as a rookie, for example.

WHAT? Don't you realize unless a draftee can get 30 sacks his rookie season he's worthless. Stop using logic and facts, they don't understand it.

Dude, periods, commas, something. I feel like I'm about to run out of breath just reading that.