Tight End

Falconsfan567

Why haven't the Falcons grabbed one of the solid free agent Tight Ends that are on the market? Jermichael Finley is a huge injury risk but worth a gamble. But other guys are out there too. We missed out on a chance to grab Owen Daniels which sucks. But other guys like Fred Davis, Dustin Keller, Kellen Davis and Bear Pascoe are available.

Its a good question. We are plenty thin right now, but we already use a OT quite often as a blocking TE and we must think Toilolo will be serviceable in the redzone. We might plan to use more WR's or even have our eye out for someone in the draft. I have no doubt we will draft a TE at one point. None of the FA guys were really sure things, just more depth which we dont have.

How is the TE depth in this draft ?

I've only been paying attention to O D linemen and safeties .

the general consensus is theres 5 potential starters

Ebron, ASJ, Amaro, Niklas and Fiedorowicz. At least one should be there at our 3rd round pick, slim chance Fiedorowicz makes it to our 4th.

Depth guys we could get at the comp or 5th round that can develop: Gillmore, Lynch, Grimble, Duncan.

Some late round prospects as well. I like Blanchflower and Annen in the 7th.

Overall the depth is better than last year, Ideally we land one of the top guys in the 3rd round.

the general consensus is theres 5 potential starters

Ebron, ASJ, Amaro, Niklas and Fiedorowicz. At least one should be there at our 3rd round pick, slim chance Fiedorowicz makes it to our 4th.

Depth guys we could get at the comp or 5th round that can develop: Gillmore, Lynch, Grimble, Duncan.

Some late round prospects as well. I like Blanchflower and Annen in the 7th.

Overall the depth is better than last year, Ideally we land one of the top guys in the 3rd round.

Any of those depth guys you listed as comp or 5th would be very good pickups IMO for depth but who knows TD may decided to go after a TE as early as the third if he's doing his trading of picks scenarios.