Draft: Offense Or Defense?

hjerry

Offense or Defense with the 1st pick?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Clowney/Mack and/or Robinson/Matthews are still on the board, do you go Offense or Defense with the 1st pick?

• Offense
    • Defense
    • Special Teams lol

Hey, a poll on this was bound to happen eventually. Since everyone keeps arguing back and forth on this, it has lately become less about who, as much as it has become about just the general direction, that we go in the draft. Which part of our team needs more help right now? Which position is deepest in the draft? It's times like these, that I do often find it interesting to make a poll, and see if we can actually put numbers on it, to see which direction the board actually swings. You're all, of course, more than welcome to discuss this as well, but I did this probably more for the poll than anything. So, assuming that either one or both of Clowney/Mack are still on the board, and that one or both of Robinson/Matthews are also still on the board, which do you take?

Lornoth my man lol. I do understand and what im very scared of from last season are injuries from all part's of the team. I feel you my falcon brother, we just got to be safe

at OL. I do however also feel, we trade up for that shiny player on D, we better produce from the very start with him.

Edited by Ole Pappy Falcon

Newsflash

All our OTs suck

All our pass rushers suck

However...

Baker has more upside than Osi if he is healthy he is good if we didn't have Baker we would take a tackle 1st pick no question but we will have a year of hoping for Baker

Holmes and Mass have both shown me the same amount of flash plays and physical attributes that they could both turn out to be good (I think they both will be average at best.

Everyone else is a massive ?? and about equal.

So because we have our LT for next year you don't spend the 6th overall on a RT (even if he will develop into our LT because then what is the point in Holmes)

We can get a #1 pass rusher at #6 and that is what we will go after IMO because they can have instant impact.

So between a RT vs a #1 pass rusher we will go pass rusher IMO.

(We won't take a fs till our 3rd pick as there is no good FS without an elite pass rush)

Lornoth my man lol. I do understand and what im very scared of from last season are injuries from all part's of the team. I feel you my falcon brother, we just got to be safe

at OL. I do however also feel, we trade up for that shiny player on D, we better produce from the very start with him.

I honestly think the addition of a good Guard (Asamoah) to upgrade from the revolving door that was Reynolds, will help us much more than some think. We have Schraeder (Who showed up well at RT late in the year), Johnson, Carimi, and hopefully a 2'nd round pick to battle for that spot.

I think that rotation will do well enough at RT, we don't need a probowler there. We could certainly use one on Defense though.

Just my opinion though, if we decide to go OT at #6 i won't be disappointed by any means.

I actually think so as well

The Bush signing made it clear to me. We wanted to address the FS need so we can move up. I actually think we are staying with what we have at RT too. I think they like the idea of Tice coaching up Holmes, Carimi, Johnson, etc.. I think we can find a starter out of that group.

Easy as pie......Robinson or J.M. if available. I respect what other's want on defense...but it will not mean squat if we can't stay on the field.

I swear this is more true than people realize. If we can't run the ball or keep Matt Ryan alive... WTF is the point of having a defense. Might as well forfeit the friggin season...

I swear this is more true than people realize. If we can't run the ball or keep Matt Ryan alive... WTF is the point of having a defense. Might as well forfeit the friggin season...

I think the idea is that the offense, even in its eviscerated state last year, was still better than average. The defense was not better than average. At all. It was awful.

By getting more from the defense, you're likely to A) create more turnovers B ) create more stagnant possessions and C) be able to be more multidimensional on offense.

I just don't know that the introduction of one of the best tackles in this draft provides as big of an on the field impact to the offense as the introduction of a top pass rush prospect would for the defense.

It comes down to marginal value. Are you better off with Matthews and Marcus Smith than you are with Mack and Moses? Or somethign like that.