Falcons Signed Saints Defensive Back Rafael Bush To Offer Sheet.

Even if we traded them future picks they still have picks and moves to play around with plus added cap space . The Saints made it to playoffs last year and down the stretch Graham was a non factor . Saints could move extra picks they recive from us in any trade and move up for Watkins

How come no team in NFL has went after Graham ?

LOL @ "down the stretch Graham was a non-factor"

Jimmy Graham is never a non-factor. Ever. I don't give a **** if he catches two passes....he dictates coverage and threatens defenses in a way that they have to respond to.

You're so clearly a "I play fantasy football with a big money $100 buy in!" guy. Zero doubt in my mind.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went to www.overthecap.com and looked at Saints - they have $1.9mm in cap space - certainly the Saints could keep Rafael Bush w/o much trouble - but like others in this thread have pointed out - Saints probably want to keep space for Graham in long-term deal - so they may want to keep that cap space open.

Probably if it was anybody other than the Falcons the Saints would let Rafael Bush walk - somethin' tells me they will figure out a way to keep him.

I guarantee that our FO hates the saints just as much as we do and ensured that they wouldn't start this party if it wasn't either going to put them further in cap **** or wuth bush being on our roster

Guest King Jigsaw

That Saints fan is actually making some sense. We place an offer and start lauding Bush's abilities to come in and be the savior at FS we're all clamoring for. The second the Saints match that offer you'll see all these people coming out of the woodwork to say "So, didn't want him anyway. We can do better than the Swamp Rat's sloppy seconds and backup players." People here are so fickle that it won't surprise me at all to see this happening.

If the saints shipped JG he would have some say into where he wanted to go too.

I'm thinking if it came down to that we could have a situation like the eagles and Djax. He gave them a nice big fu€k you by signing with the skins. Couldn't he do the same and come here? We paid TG 8mil last year. I wouldn't mind 9 for JG over 6/7 years

LOL @ "down the stretch Graham was a non-factor"

Jimmy Graham is never a non-factor. Ever. I don't give a **** if he catches two passes....he dictates coverage and threatens defenses in a way that they have to respond to.

You're so clearly a "I play fantasy football with a big money $100 buy in!" guy. Zero doubt in my mind.

the Seahawks made him have zero impact on the playoff game. Let's say that at least

If the saints shipped JG he would have some say into where he wanted to go too.

I'm thinking if it came down to that we could have a situation like the eagles and Djax. He gave them a nice big fu€k you by signing with the skins. Couldn't he do the same and come here? We paid TG 8mil last year. I wouldn't mind 9 for JG over 6/7 years

no way in the world Jimmy signs for $9 million.

That Saints fan is actually making some sense. We place an offer and start lauding Bush's abilities to come in and be the savior at FS we're all clamoring for. The second the Saints match that offer you'll see all these people coming out of the woodwork to say "So, didn't want him anyway. We can do better than the Swamp Rat's sloppy seconds and backup players." People here are so fickle that it won't surprise me at all to see this happening.

Truth 101

Jimmy Graham was on one foot . This is coming from you the same clown that says Roddy was a non factor cause he was hurt .. lol I mean stop being a ******* hypocrite

1) Roddy White didn't catch 6 TDs in 6 games when he was injured and being a "non-factor"

2) Jimmy Graham wasn't on "one foot." He was less than 100% like every other NFL player at the end of the season. In fact, he wasnt even on the injury report late in the season

Exactly. And the sad part is its inevitable. It's like the blind leading the dumb sometimes. Group think galore.

Bush is a hard hitter but doesn't make plays on the ball. The polar opposite of DeCoud in some ways. Saints didn't see him as an option for the future, hence Byrd to NO. He could come in and be perfect. Or not. But fake fans will turn in the wind regardless. Love you when you're good, hate you after one bad season. ..lol

There are those of us saying it already. And is it so bad to be hopeful when a player is on your team, but more harshly realistic when they're not? That's called being a fan mate.

Saints ESPN Writer

Falcons make play for Saints' Rafael Bush

The Atlanta Falcons are hoping to fill one of their biggest needs -- and to dent their longtime rivals, the New Orleans Saints, in the process.

Atlanta signed restricted free agent safety Rafael Bush to an offer sheet, meaning the Saints have until Tuesday to match the offer or lose Bush with no draft-pick compensation.

Terms of the Falcons' offer have not been disclosed. The Saints previously offered Bush a one-year deal at the lowest qualifying offer of $1.431 million. The Saints have given no indication yet whether or not they plan to match Atlanta's offer.

The reason the Saints would receive no draft-pick compensation is because Bush originally entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2010 -- with none other than the Falcons in 2010. Bush then spent a year with the Denver Broncos before finding a home as a part-time starter and special teams standout with the Saints over the past two years.

Bush had 42 tackles and five pass defenses last year as a part-time starter for the Saints, who often featured three safeties together in their nickel and dime packages. The 5-foot-11, 200-pounder has also been a standout in special teams coverage for New Orleans for the past two years.

Both teams could really use Bush, since they're both very thin at the safety position.

The Saints have two excellent starters in newly-signed free agent Jairus Byrd and second-year pro Kenny Vaccaro. They also recently signed Canadian Football League transplant Marcus Ball. But those are the only three safeties on the Saints' current roster.

The Saints recently brought in veteran cornerback Champ Bailey for a visit. It's possible that Bailey could be used as a pseudo-safety in nickel and dime packages if the Saints decide to add him.

Atlanta, meanwhile, has an even bigger need at safety after releasing longtime starting free safety Thomas DeCoud last month. They have a standout starter in strong safety William Moore. But the next two safeties on the Falcons' depth chart are unproven seventh-round picks from last year -- Zeke Motta and Kemal Ishmael.

Motta, who replaced DeCoud for a game last season, is coming off of surgery for a cervical fracture.

The Falcons released DeCoud in part because of his $4.8 million salary-cap cost and in part because they didn't feel he was a physical enough tackler and didn't make enough plays on the ball.

Bush, who was primarily used as a deep safety for the Saints, does bring some physicality to the position.

Moore and Bush are friends, and he previously said that he had talked with Bush about the possibility of joining the Falcons.

I think it's a good signing but stills hole as well and can't be considered long term. I think we're trying to catch lighting in a bottle . TD has never hit on any bargain free agents so you have to keep that in mind and since we have went heavy on fixing the lines we have to find cheap players at other positions on the team Rob Ryan defense is also better suited for S play than Nolan scheme

Well maybe it's time he does. He's definitely due.

And as atljbo said, how the heck can he not be considered as a potential long term solution??? He's only 26?? LOL

Edited by Aggressive Pacifist!

No, that happens after the draft when we stock up and then send our 2015 and 2016 1sts to NO for TE Jimmy Graham. Give him the 10 mil he wants, build around Julio and Graham for the next 5-7 years. That is two crazy mismatches on the field at the same time.

Am I the only one who thinks a trade with the Taints is pretty much out of the realm of possibility?

We could always use a little more BUSH.

AmIright?

lol you right

Thank you sir for speaking the truth